• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1007 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thehog said:
Dawg is becoming as greedy as Armstrong and we haven’t lived through comeback 2.0 with Froome yet.

Sandshoe boy will be the greatest GT rider that ever lived! Lucky Brailsford and Sutton found him that day riding in the Commenwealth Games :cool:

haven´t I already heard you saying so?.... I dont remember :D ;)

whatever happens I want to thank the Dawg for the fun, now and in May :p

Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
Brian Butterfield said:

Yep, more proof if ever it was needed. Pro cyclists going to the inaccessible backwater that is is Majorca in December. Blatant. Definetely doping

yes, it's incredible! :D

Katusha there too, many cyclo cross riders and MTB there too

but people notice just if it's Sky there.
people are mad ;)

pastronef said:
brownbobby said:
Brian Butterfield said:

Yep, more proof if ever it was needed. Pro cyclists going to the inaccessible backwater that is is Majorca in December. Blatant. Definetely doping

yes, it's incredible! :D

Katusha there too, many cyclo cross riders and MTB there too

but people notice just if it's Sky there.
people are mad ;)

Yup. Sky the poor, poor set upon innocents of professional cycling. :rolleyes:

"would disrupt his preparation for the Giro d'Italia in May" = 6 months from now. If his Giro preparation will be ruined by taking two days off to fly to Liverpool...then he's got no chance of winning. I am not a Sky conspiracy fan but here I think the team is missing an easy PR layup. On the other hand, they are probably trying to lay as low as possible.

Re:

Bolder said:
"would disrupt his preparation for the Giro d'Italia in May" = 6 months from now. If his Giro preparation will be ruined by taking two days off to fly to Liverpool...then he's got no chance of winning. I am not a Sky conspiracy fan but here I think the team is missing an easy PR layup. On the other hand, they are probably trying to lay as low as possible.

during the December training camps, the teams plan the following season and start the training after the break, medical check-ups, kit and bike fitting, etc etc. no need to interrupt for 2 days to travel. Sky will have their PR day there in Mallorca

Please educate me around why there are possible safe havens for athetes. Because I do not understand why it is so hard to test these people on an island like tenerife of mallorca.

Heck, I would volunteer to test these people if I lived there. I would even do it for free, just hoping to catch some.

Re:

danielovichdk2 said:
Please educate me around why there are possible safe havens for athetes. Because I do not understand why it is so hard to test these people on an island like tenerife of mallorca.

Heck, I would volunteer to test these people if I lived there. I would even do it for free, just hoping to catch some.

Froome was in Australia last weekend for L'Etape - Maybe the doping occurs behind the banner of L'Etape.

Re:

danielovichdk2 said:

Because it’s utterly pointless to test for the passport at altitude. It’s also pointless testing before and after hence why cyclists love going up and down. The passport is already low sensitivity due to avoiding false positives and has an additional algorithm to allow for being at altitude the week prior, during and he week after. So microdose at will with EPO, it’s simply not going to be detected.

Froome knows this of course, hence why he pretends he is being anti-doping by asking for more testing at altitude.

thehog said:
danielovichdk2 said:

Because it’s utterly pointless to test for the passport at altitude. It’s also pointless testing before and after hence why cyclists love going up and down. The passport is already low sensitivity due to avoiding false positives and has an additional algorithm to allow for being at altitude the week prior, during and he week after. So microdose at will with EPO, it’s simply not going to be detected.

Froome knows this of course, hence why he pretends he is being anti-doping by asking for more testing at altitude.

Yeah but this time he's in Majorca
where roads don't get any higher that 870m above sea-level.

yaco said:
danielovichdk2 said:

Froome was in Australia last weekend for L'Etape - Maybe the doping occurs behind the banner of L'Etape.
More likely that he’d go for a week at Falls Creek and blow out the cobwebs there. Staying at 1700m altitude should be high enough.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site

TourOfSardinia said:
thehog said:
danielovichdk2 said:

Yeah but this time he's in Majorca
where roads don't get any higher that 870m above sea-level.
Oops :lol:

Re:

Bolder said:
It's just a TV programme. A shiny floor reality TV show with a public vote. Just because the BBC treat it like it's a Nobel Prize, it doesn't mean it is.
Froome is unlikely to win - Anthony Joshua is the odds on favourite. The BBC will arrange for a live satellite link up if they wish. It's not important enough to make the trip. Andy Murray never used to turn up and he's won it a record three times

Maybe people would prefer the Mark Cavendish approach. When he won in 2011 he was on every TV or radio show he could get on to in the couple of weeks before the award. It was like an actor campaigning for an Oscar.

Parker said:
Bolder said:
It's just a TV programme. A shiny floor reality TV show with a public vote. Just because the BBC treat it like it's a Nobel Prize, it doesn't mean it is.
Froome is unlikely to win - Anthony Joshua is the odds on favourite. The BBC will arrange for a live satellite link up if they wish. It's not important enough to make the trip. Andy Murray never used to turn up and he's won it a record three times

Maybe people would prefer the Mark Cavendish approach. When he won in 2011 he was on every TV or radio show he could get on to in the couple of weeks before the award. It was like an actor campaigning for an Oscar.

:D
ahaha imagine that! people would go crazy
as I said before, people blaiming him for staying at the team´s first training camp instead of attending an award ceremony they hope he does not win. :rolleyes:

and by the way, folks, at least "blame" him for something worth, like this ;) https://twitter.com/crauzie/status/938710199556243457

him training in S.A., where he grew up, studied, lived, started racing and raced, has friends and relatives and flies there every year

pastronef said:
Parker said:
Bolder said:

:D
ahaha imagine that! people would go crazy
as I said before, people blaiming him for staying at the team´s first training camp instead of attending an award ceremony they hope he does not win. :rolleyes:

and by the way, folks, at least "blame" him for something worth, like this ;) https://twitter.com/crauzie/status/938710199556243457

him training in S.A., where he grew up, studied, lived, started racing and raced, has friends and relatives and flies there every year
Haa....How True!

Froome/Cound are playing an awesome strategic game. Right now he is superbly positioned to win either way, whether he gets exposed or rides off into the sunset. They have watched and learnt. Greed increases the chance of downfall. Froome's modest current public persona and a surfeit of pantomime villains already in place on the stage, mean he can take advantage of exposure like no-one else has ever done before. "Let me tell you how it was and then you decide, it is 2011 and what would you do if you were in my shoes ?" I see a blockbuster of a film and a Froome seriously taken to a lot of people's hearts.

Lance in the Champs "I feel sorry for those who can't believe". Brad on his throne at Hampton Court. Those images don't just rile the internet wan**rs with too much time on their hands operating out of mum's basement. Froome has backed both outcomes at terrific odds. Either way he wins, just as long as he does not shove it in people's faces. So he gets to lose a small down-payment. This BBC gig isn't bothering him right now, certainly he is not missing it because training cannot be rigged around it. The game is still in play and will still be in play up to perhaps even 10 years after he has finished riding.

His reign is nearly finished because too old for the Tour now. Unless Sky can find a replacement they will start looking like has-beens for a few years, maybe they can target a monument or start a string of failed assaults at the big tours...

Re:

70kmph said:
His reign is nearly finished because too old for the Tour now. Unless Sky can find a replacement they will start looking like has-beens for a few years, maybe they can target a monument or start a string of failed assaults at the big tours...

when horner can win a GT at whatever age using whatever help then unfortunately, when you have an athlete which nothing makes sense about, I wouldn't write-off the hapless hero being around for a while longer....rubbing it in the nose of everyone for a while yet I fear......

gillan1969 said:
70kmph said:

when horner can win a GT at whatever age using whatever help then unfortunately, when you have an athlete which nothing makes sense about, I wouldn't write-off the hapless hero being around for a while longer....rubbing it in the nose of everyone for a while yet I fear......
Yup. And the only thing you can do is cry and whine about it. It's so funny.

silvergrenade said:
gillan1969 said:
70kmph said:

Yup. And the only thing you can do is cry and whine about it. It's so funny.
But you are still ok supporting the dopers, well, as long as you like them personally.

TRENDING THREADS