• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1201 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
Sunweb's DS's reaction sums it up
What did he say?

Basically said there was no way Dumo could get back even the 40s he needs tomorrow with Froome riding like this, pointed out that Froome took 9 minutes on the guy 3rd in GC in one day and generally looked stunned. Stopped short of saying Froome should be DQ'd immediately

Must sting more than a little after the effort to "prepare" Dumoulin for the race.

clydesdale said:
Gigs_98 said:
Even the German Eurosport commentators couldn't get around the topic of doping today. Jean Claude LeClerque is like the most optimistic person I've ever heard and still he constantly mentioned that this was suspicious as ****. When former pros think this can't be right you know what's going on

As pure spectacle, a great day, but when a man fighting a doping case goes on an 80km solo effort, it’s a little tough to take. People are comparing it to Landis, but to me it’s more Vino from a decade or so ago. Everyone kinda knew but he went on a long solo anyhow.

Btw, what are people’s actual thoughts on sky doping? Real old fashioned doping program or a more I intricate skirting around the rules type of program?

This. If not for that stupid salbutamol case this would have been epic. Now I'm just too worried about the aftermatch. For the race, and for Froome himself...

Arked said:
clydesdale said:
Gigs_98 said:
Even the German Eurosport commentators couldn't get around the topic of doping today. Jean Claude LeClerque is like the most optimistic person I've ever heard and still he constantly mentioned that this was suspicious as ****. When former pros think this can't be right you know what's going on

As pure spectacle, a great day, but when a man fighting a doping case goes on an 80km solo effort, it’s a little tough to take. People are comparing it to Landis, but to me it’s more Vino from a decade or so ago. Everyone kinda knew but he went on a long solo anyhow.

Btw, what are people’s actual thoughts on sky doping? Real old fashioned doping program or a more I intricate skirting around the rules type of program?

His "doping case" is barely a case though. It was blown out of proportion by media and people with zero knowledge about actual doping.

Says who? You?

I may remind you that there is a guy called Diego Ulissi:

"Diego ULISSI tested positive for Salbutamol in the 11th stage of the Giro d'Italia on 21 May. He was suspended by the UCI for 9 months, until 26 March 2015."

TheSpud said:
PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
What did he say?

Basically said there was no way Dumo could get back even the 40s he needs tomorrow with Froome riding like this, pointed out that Froome took 9 minutes on the guy 3rd in GC in one day and generally looked stunned. Stopped short of saying Froome should be DQ'd immediately

So Dumoulin must have taken 6 minutes from that guy as well...
And 35 minutes on the Maglia Rosa~!

LaFlorecita said:
Gigs_98 said:
Karsten Kroon didn't believe it at all either. At first he was convinced Froome would crack, then you could slowly hear him becoming more and more amazed every minute. At one point he said "you don't see this often... I'm sorry to say, but the only similar performance I can think of is Landis"

You don't hear announcers say things like that very often.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if this is not a bargaining chip. He gets a visit (secret) tonight to dunk tomorrow and they will give his 6 months backdated and not scrape previous results. That way he can still ride TDF.....

Bardamu said:
TheSpud said:
PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
What did he say?

So Dumoulin must have taken 6 minutes from that guy as well...
And 35 minutes on the Maglia Rosa~!

Not sure you can compare - was a mega blowup though.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Jagartrott said:
Froome and Sky are just taking the p**s.
This was where they jumped the shark. Froome fans must be loving it.
You can't say I am a froom fan but I love it. Chris is the hope now for all asthmetics around the globe.

What a difference a little salbutamol a day makes.

clydesdale said:
Gigs_98 said:

Therein lies years and pages of discussion on this forum ...

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site

Saint Unix said:
proffate said:
RichWalk said:
all down to fueling according to DB, yep thats obviously it...................
to be fair if he'd had Domoulin's nutritionist from last year on board he'd only have won by 1:20 today.
And he would have melted a hole in the Earth with his toxic, radioactive dump.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HHAHHAHH. POST OF THE YEAR!!!

TRENDING THREADS