• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1277 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is it. They can now do just about everything they want it seems. Sky got caught and nothing happened. Expect them to break all the records in the following month, laughing at the public while finishing 1-2-3 on a couple of stages. What a shame for cycling... when you have proof of cheating and you still not do anything...

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
I wonder which explanation they accepted, the dehydration theory, the kidney malfunction theory, the test inaccuracy explanation, the aliens did it theory ?

Don't worry, everything's fine, UCI says so.

The UCI understands that there will be significant discussion of this decision, but wishes to reassure all those involved in or interested in cycling that its decision is based on expert opinions, WADA’s advice, and a full assessment of the facts of the case. The UCI hopes that the cycling world can now turn its focus to, and enjoy, the upcoming races on the cycling calendar.

You guys put too much faith in anonymous social media too much. Step back to the beginning of this and it was always going to end this way. I'm not going to say obvious, but it seems a media storm like Wiggins Jiffy Bag more than actual anti-doping. As Armstrong said when the AAF got leaked: "Something is not right about this leak"

Re:

samhocking said:
You guys put too much faith in anonymous social media too much. Step back to the beginning of this and it was always going to end this way. I'm not going to say obvious, but it seems a media storm like Wiggins Jiffy Bag more than actual anti-doping. As Armstrong said when the AAF got leaked: "Something is not right about this leak"
This is BS. ALL precedents pointed towards a suspension and his losing the Vuelta.

Re: Re:

spalco said:
LaFlorecita said:
I wonder which explanation they accepted, the dehydration theory, the kidney malfunction theory, the test inaccuracy explanation, the aliens did it theory ?

Don't worry, everything's fine, UCI says so.

The UCI understands that there will be significant discussion of this decision, but wishes to reassure all those involved in or interested in cycling that its decision is based on expert opinions, WADA’s advice, and a full assessment of the facts of the case. The UCI hopes that the cycling world can now turn its focus to, and enjoy, the upcoming races on the cycling calendar.
Everybody move along :lol:

The smell of corruption is in the air.

TRENDING THREADS