• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1279 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

BlackWhiteEagle said:
So apparently Berto just took the wrong LABA. Should've taken Salbutamol instead of Clenbuterol and he would be fine ...
Things worked differently (and better, antidoping-wise) back then. I believe Contador would have been cleared if it happened now. Froome may be special as the most important rider in the peloton, but even he doesn't stand in isolation - there's been a long string of BS cases in a steadily deteriorating scene. Impey and Kreuziger come to mind.

Re: Re:

hrotha said:
BlackWhiteEagle said:
So apparently Berto just took the wrong LABA. Should've taken Salbutamol instead of Clenbuterol and he would be fine ...
Things worked differently (and better, antidoping-wise) back then. I believe Contador would have been cleared if it happened now. Froome may be special as the most important rider in the peloton, but even he doesn't stand in isolation - there's been a long string of BS cases in a steadily deteriorating scene. Impey and Kreuziger come to mind.
Strange, isn't it. We think things are going to get better but they only get worse.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
So all athletes take note: just splurge on some "independent" expert to write a 1500 page article about a sketchy study on dogs and you can get away with anything
One should never underestimate the value of competent legal advice. It's always a good investment. No sarcasm there. I don't know about the dogs but in essence you are right.

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Der Effe said:
Alexandre B. said:
We will so block the race.

And we will enjoy this.

Do it. I might even come over from the Netherlands and join. This is about so much more than just cycling, but about psychopath bullies getting away with anything they want. Whether it is letting the economical market implode or ride yourself to glory in one of the biggest sporting events in the world. The narcissism, the total lack of empathy and utter disrespect for human dignity - I can no longer watch all that's ugly persevere. Enough is enough.

Even though I agree this isn't a good thing for cycling, people like you are the reason that there is no sympathy for the hardcore anti-dopers. You are a hypocrite, talking about people having no respect for human dignity, about taking frankly psychopathic action based on your own suppositions.

And as for the guy saying he won't make the top of Alp d'huez, that's genuinely sinister. This forum needs to be seriously monitored because the threats and paranoia have become extremely real.

wrinklyvet said:
LaFlorecita said:
So all athletes take note: just splurge on some "independent" expert to write a 1500 page article about a sketchy study on dogs and you can get away with anything
One should never underestimate the value of competent legal advice. It's always a good investment. No sarcasm there. I don't know about the dogs but in essence you are right.

As in every day life, it helps to be rich when you're fighting the law, rather than poor.

LaFlorecita said:
hrotha said:
BlackWhiteEagle said:
Strange, isn't it. We think things are going to get better but they only get worse.

Pointless having the matter fully heard in a tribunal if people can't accept the result. Rule of law anyone? It is a pity if some people come out of litigation of any kind less successful than others but all cases are different. Perhaps where they were the same they can be revisited and reconsidered, but someone agrieved would have to take the initiative.

Re:

meat puppet said:
The sport is truly beyond repair.

Thanks for years of educational discussions, fellow clinicians. I guess this is a bridge too far for me, at least for the time being.

It is. The governing anti doping body WADA sides with the athlete against their own rules. There's not much more to be said really.

"In light of WADA’s unparalleled access to information and authorship of the salbutamol regime, the UCI has decided, based on WADA’s position, to close the proceedings against Mr Froome."

MartinGT said:
wrinklyvet said:
LaFlorecita said:

As in every day life, it helps to be rich when you're fighting the law, rather than poor.

No denying it. The best advice for anyone who can't afford to litigate is not to do so (assuming there's a choice).

Re:

LaFlorecita said:

The same experts say that EPO does not enhance performance!

Go for it! A shame that the late timing doesn't allow for proper preparation.

LaFlorecita said:
hrotha said:
All of cycling's PR strategy is based on the idea of constant progress from darkness to light, light always being the present time and darkness being effortlessly moved further up as new data emerges, but the constant progress narrative is never questioned in mainstream circles. It is absurd. Nothing is that static, and things have been getting worse for the better part of a decade. They might improve again, but it seems unlikely. The general atmosphere is nothing like what it was when Armstrong fell, and that was the only thing in recent memory that could have been a proper turning point.

We need another scandal. A properly far-reaching one. A new Festina case. Hopefully we'll get it.

Rollthedice said:
meat puppet said:
The sport is truly beyond repair.

Thanks for years of educational discussions, fellow clinicians. I guess this is a bridge too far for me, at least for the time being.

It is. The governing anti doping body WADA sides with the athlete against their own rules. There's not much more to be said really.

"In light of WADA’s unparalleled access to information and authorship of the salbutamol regime, the UCI has decided, based on WADA’s position, to close the proceedings against Mr Froome."

What does that even mean?

wrinklyvet said:
Pointless having the matter fully heard in a tribunal if people can't accept the result. Rule of law anyone? It is a pity if some people come out of litigation of any kind less successful than others but all cases are different. Perhaps where they were the same they can be revisited and reconsidered, but someone agrieved would have to take the initiative.
I see English words and sentences but none of it makes any sense to me. Sorry. Probably my fault.