• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1308 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Benotti69 said:
"The issue is that a rider with limited pedigree in 2011 is on the verge of becoming the greatest bike rider of all time" - Paul Kimmage on Chris Froome

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1016032306727931906

Kimmage just jealous of course, just like the French..............and all the other BS excuses that spew forth trying to ignore the medical mircale that Froome and Sky claim he is!

Good to see Sam working it on the Twitter responses as well. Hard working bot :cool:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
great piece by Kimmage

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/paul-kimmage-cyclings-dirty-washing-can-no-longer-be-rinsed-clean-by-myth-and-memory-powder-37091854.html

On Friday, the eve of the opening stage, I thought of an old journalist friend, Jean-Louis Le Touzet, and a conversation we shared a decade ago when the race started in London.

"The Tour has always considered itself bigger and stronger than doping," he said. "It's like the alcoholic who thinks he can control his drinking but who wakes up one day to find he is dependent on it. The power of the Tour was always about memories - the great riders, the great battles, the mountains, the suffering - and those memories served as a kind of washing machine.

"If ever there was a stain and the race was mildly tarnished, you stuck it in the machine with the 'myth and memory powder' and it came out nice and fresh. But the machine has reached the end of its cycle. The powder has run dry and the washing keeps coming out dirty. Winning has no value any more. How can you exploit a win that nobody believes in?"

The French no longer believe in the winners of Le Tour for at least a decade.

Who can blame them.

Re: Re:

thehog said:
Benotti69 said:
"The issue is that a rider with limited pedigree in 2011 is on the verge of becoming the greatest bike rider of all time" - Paul Kimmage on Chris Froome

Kimmage just jealous of course, just like the French..............and all the other BS excuses that spew forth trying to ignore the medical mircale that Froome and Sky claim he is!

Good to see Sam working it on the Twitter responses as well. Hard working bot :cool:

He didn't answer. I think he's more nuts than i've ever heard him.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

samhocking said:
thehog said:
Benotti69 said:

He didn't answer. I think he's more nuts than i've ever heard him.

Walsh has been nuts for ages.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

samhocking said:
I ignore Walsh, Kimmage I have some time for, but he's boiling mad now.

Yeah i mean only some of the top sports people in the world respect the guy.

But a concrete guy knows better. The concrete guy who is trying to defend a team of liars and their star rider who they were trying to offload on the eve of La Vuelta 2011 because he was so bad. Then BOOM, 2nd in a GT, which he should've won and since then consistently the best GT rider in the world and a bunch lies about how he did it.

I'll take Kimmage's anger every day of the week. I mean he only competed in the sport. He only wrote a book hoping that it would change the sport.

But concrete guy knows better. :rolleyes:

Coming from North America, I've always been curious about how Europeans view the sport.
I once had the privilege of attending the final of Roubaix and struck up a conversation with a hard-core fan from Belgium. He was wearing a huge hat adorned with photos of Boonen and the Belgian flag.
When Thor Hushovd overcooked a turn near the end of the race and ended up in a barrier, my Belgian friend literally broke into tears knowing Boonen would win solo.
He turned to me and said, "Too much dopage!" He was referring to Thor, obviously.
So when I read the statements of Touzet, I wonder if he is speaking for the general population.
Maybe he's just speaking to himself.

MartinGT said:
Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
right that's it i'm out, I want to enjoy the next 3 weeks of racing no matter if froome wins or not, because unlike some it seems I actually want to watch bike racing....see you if froome breaks the internet and that will happen if he's dropped and the last tours catch up with him or he decides he has the legs and attacks...

happy bitching folks

Last visited:08 Jul 2018 13:56

:lol:

:lol: Exactly, as soon as someone calls him out he has no retort. Troll all day long.
making fun of froome for years, going into hysterics, threatening to quit with watching this circus after dawg gets away with it also is not what makes people good and pious. ;)

Lo squalo di messina said:
https://www.hln.be/sport/wielrennen/koers-kort-wout-van-aert-dient-contract-uit-ploegmaat-froome-heeft-geen-astma-maar-gebruikt-wel-salbutamol~a20b3f5d/

So van baarle uses salbutamol without having astma., :lol:
Apparently standard practice in team sky. The pathetic froome defense force on here tried to make us believe sal doesnt help :rolleyes:

Go hocking write another one of your bs essays nobody reads. I hope you get paid for all that hard sky pr work.

Thank GoogleTranslate:

Do not have asthma, still use salbutamol.

That is what Dutch cyclist Dylan van Baarle does. Van Baarle is a teammate of Chris Froome at Sky. The Dutchman did not make the selection for the Tour. But he does subscribe to the rules of Sky, where the use of salbutamol is apparently the most common thing in the world. Even if you do not suffer from asthma. Van Baarle told the Dutch radio NPO about his salbutamol use and saw no bones in it. "We are cyclists, our lungs are destroyed by all efforts. Then we use a puffer to breathe. "Salbutamol is a medicine. It is the active ingredient of the puffer Ventolin. At the start of this week, Chris Froome was acquitted of the use of excessive amounts of salbutamol after he had exceeded the limit values ​​in last year's Vuelta. "I do not feel like I'm suddenly going to race much faster," Van Baarle said. But you certainly never do it for sure. (MG)

Re:

Benotti69 said:
great piece by Kimmage

https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/paul-kimmage-cyclings-dirty-washing-can-no-longer-be-rinsed-clean-by-myth-and-memory-powder-37091854.html

On Friday, the eve of the opening stage, I thought of an old journalist friend, Jean-Louis Le Touzet, and a conversation we shared a decade ago when the race started in London.

"The Tour has always considered itself bigger and stronger than doping," he said. "It's like the alcoholic who thinks he can control his drinking but who wakes up one day to find he is dependent on it. The power of the Tour was always about memories - the great riders, the great battles, the mountains, the suffering - and those memories served as a kind of washing machine.

"If ever there was a stain and the race was mildly tarnished, you stuck it in the machine with the 'myth and memory powder' and it came out nice and fresh. But the machine has reached the end of its cycle. The powder has run dry and the washing keeps coming out dirty. Winning has no value any more. How can you exploit a win that nobody believes in?"

The French no longer believe in the winners of Le Tour for at least a decade.

Who can blame them.

But even if they don't "believe" in the winners, every village in France wants the tour to pass through, and tens of millions line the road to watch the peloton ride by, even for 5 seconds. So that's the paradox -- we say "it's all fake" but still can't look away.

Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

But a concrete guy knows better. The concrete guy who is trying to defend a team of liars and their star rider who they were trying to offload on the eve of La Vuelta 2011 because he was so bad. Then BOOM, 2nd in a GT, which he should've won and since then consistently the best GT rider in the world and a bunch lies about how he did it.

I'll take Kimmage's anger every day of the week. I mean he only competed in the sport. He only wrote a book hoping that it would change the sport.

And your qualification is?

samhocking said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

And your qualification is?

I'm not sure qualifications are required to understand that the key plank of the reason to drop the AAF against Froome was based on Froome's self-reported doses, someone who had a good few million reasons to report the 'correct answer'

mmm...that wouldn't pass peer review :D :D

His AAF didn't get to the pharmo test though. They didn't even need to prove his dose from what WADA have admitted is wrong with the rules.
Seem like the people that need to be transparent are UCI & WADA. Froome saying what his inhalation record was, clearly wouldn't change their decision would it, if their rules are broken.

Re:

samhocking said:
His AAF didn't get to the pharmo test though. They didn't even need to prove his dose from what WADA have admitted is wrong with the rules.
Seem like the people that need to be transparent are UCI & WADA. Froome saying what his inhalation record was, clearly wouldn't change their decision would it, if their rules are broken.

eh...not sure you've been following the same case as me...that's exactly what happened

and if that wasn't bad enough...they then changed the rules :D

Re:

samhocking said:

to help you further.....

"Having been tested 21 times during the Vuelta a España, Mr. Froome had access to the estimated concentration of salbutamol in his urine over three weeks. This allowed him to establish a significant variation in the way he excreted salbutamol, even at consistent, low, doses. Taking into account that he significantly increased his dose of salbutamol (to treat a chest infection) around the time of the test, it was accepted by WADA that this individual variation could explain the analytical results of his 7 September 2018 sample. Under these circumstances, a controlled pharmacokinetic study was unnecessary before closing the case, as Mr. Froome’s individual excretion could already be assessed from existing data."

who confirmed those low doses...indeed who confirmed the significantly increased dose? the person under investigation?......oh :lol:

as you see it was because of THIS that no study was required..............

or when I say no study was required, they in effect said that the existing data was the study...."assessed from existing data"...that would be the data that was self reported

keep up ;)

As I said, ask WADA. Nothing Sky can do to show you why WADA reached the decision at explanation stage. WADA Results Management clearly shows rider Explanation is the first part and if that explanation isn't believed, only then the AAF amounts claimed caused the AAF, are either confirmed or not by the CPKS urine.

If anyone is not pleased with WADA's decision-making and existing results management flow, you need to put pressure ion WADA to explain it. If what they have explained so far, is not enough to believe them, clearly they need to explain more don't they.

Re:

samhocking said:
As I said, ask WADA. Nothing Sky can do to show you why WADA reached the decision at explanation stage. WADA Results Management clearly shows rider Explanation is the first part and if that explanation isn't believed, only then the AAF amounts claimed caused the AAF, are either confirmed or not by the CPKS urine.

If anyone is not pleased with WADA's decision-making and existing results management flow, you need to put pressure ion WADA to explain it. If what they have explained so far, is not enough to believe them, clearly they need to explain more don't they.

so you are pleased with the element of self-reporting in this process?

you would trust a study where one of the main inputs was self-reported data by a person who had millions of pounds at stake?

or let's ignore Froome and treat it as 'study' (as WADA did)...do you think that during peer review such a study might come under considerable scrutiny?

that's three yes/no questions ;)

What has self-reporting got to do with WADA's decision making?

WADA/UCI have a 36 page report explaining their decision, which one assumes include a conclusion? That should be enough regardless of anything Sky can add. If that's not enough as the anti-doping authority governing Froome's AAF decision, then why is that not enough?

Re:

samhocking said:
What has self-reporting got to do with WADA's decision making?

WADA/UCI have a 36 page report explaining their decision, which one assumes include a conclusion? That should be enough regardless of anything Sky can add. If that's not enough as the anti-doping authority governing Froome's AAF decision, then why is that not enough?

Can't you read, from the decision summary above??? Because the variation from the high reading at the Vuelta was explained away using the data from his other Vuelta test results - the input of these (the number of puffs) is self reported

my three questions stand..... ;)

Re:

samhocking said:
I'm not the one confused, you are, you need to get WADA to explain it more.
As far as the rules explain it to me and what both UCI and WADA have explained so far matches their rules.

WADA have explained...that's the problem

so, no answers...I'll assume you're happy with principle of unverifiable data in studies?

further, you're happy with unverifiable data in studies where the data comes from a subject with millions of pounds at stake....first class

Why bother with the palaver of testing at all...just ask the top 3 riders did you dope today?

:D :D

What previous anti-doping cases out of the previous several thousand that have concluded under UCI & WADA over the last couple of decades would you also like to see the unverifiable data for? Would you also be demanding to see the unverifiable data had Froome's AAF been confirmed and an ADRV decision?

You're missing the point that the management of an AAF result doesn't require the CPKS. That is only required, if WADA don't believe your initial explanation. It would seem Froomes team have proved WADA's rules are flawed, the inventer of the rules say they are flawed since 2007 and submitted his support of Froome. One of the best Pharmo doctors at GSK proved the WADA rules allow false positives using Froomes urine and WADA accepted it was a false positive.
The only thing missing for you, is you don't believe WADA considered Froomes explanation and those experts being truthful, therefore YOU require WADA to explain why they were to reach their decision.

Re:

samhocking said:
What previous anti-doping cases out of the previous several thousand that have concluded under UCI & WADA over the last couple of decades would you also like to see the unverifiable data for? Would you also be demanding to see the unverifiable data had Froome's AAF been confirmed and an ADRV decision?

eh...there isn't any...they use verifiable data...otherwise there is a problem...they've re-written their rules for Froome

Yes, of course...if their conclusions were based on it...it is of significant interest.

the more info out there the better.....but of course...it's of limited use if its unverifiable...the only point of interest is knowing its unverifiable and so should not be relied on......well....unless you're WADA :lol: :lol:

Re:

samhocking said:

You're missing the point that the management of an AAF result doesn't require the CPKS. That is only required, if WADA don't believe your initial explanation. It would seem Froomes team have proved WADA's rules are flawed, the inventer of the rules say they are flawed since 2007 and submitted his support of Froome. One of the best Pharmo doctors at GSK proved the WADA rules allow false positives.
The only thing missing for you, is you don't believe WADA considered Froomes explanation and those experts being truthful, therefore YOU require WADA to explain why they were to reach their decision.

They did a de facto test using the existing self-reported data...based on that they were able to conclude that, in combo with the issues with the test, dehydration, illness, dodgy kidneys etc etc there was a chance that he might have hit 2000 whilst keeping the puffs under the limit.........it would not have been possible to reach that conclusion without the data from the de facto test....they explain this

keep up

those with enquiring minds might wonder why you wouldn't want verifiable data

WADA bent over backwards to clear him

TRENDING THREADS