• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1320 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
bigcog said:
King Boonen said:
pastronef said:
chatting and laughing with Thomas in the last km today. would you do that if there was some inner feud going on? (remember Lance vs Alberto 2009)
Do you know many British people..? ;) :D

Are you calling us two faced ? That's a bit of a generalisation ain't it :D
No, I would never dream of doing such a thing. There is absolutely no evidence that this would ever be the case... ;)

King Boonen said:
bigcog said:
King Boonen said:
pastronef said:
chatting and laughing with Thomas in the last km today. would you do that if there was some inner feud going on? (remember Lance vs Alberto 2009)

No, I would never dream of doing such a thing. There is absolutely no evidence that this would ever be the case... ;)
Perhaps, either way, you should set a better example to impressionable youngsters here. :rolleyes:

SeriousSam said:
pastronef said:

There should be

Surely Froome won't give up the historic quadruple that easily

G is the favourite now but Froome isn't out of it yet

Yet, he claims he doesn't mind "sacrificing his possible 5th tour win, to help Thomas win".

Sure Chris, we totally believe you :lol: :rolleyes:

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
SeriousSam said:
pastronef said:

There should be

Yet, he claims he doesn't mind "sacrificing his possible 5th tour win, to help Thomas win".

I am sure Richie Porte had a good laugh when he read that comment.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
JosephK said:
MartinGT said:
Takes some heat off him I suppose. Can hold his hands up and say 'Look the Giro Tour double is too hard' :lol:

No worries. Tomorrow (stage 17), we will see the true nuclear Froome pop out of hiding to do a Giro v. 2.0. GT will play the good soldier, picking Froome's dust out of his teeth. :lol:

The problem is Giro 75mile plunge was a surprise for everyone. Froome had not been known for doing long range attacks, he sticks to the Sky train and then lets go maybe 10-15mile down the line if it is "long" range. Now the long range thing is part of his profile like Contador and this 65km stage is suited for that sort the ride. Does it mean other teams will cope? If he brings out the magic keg then there is nothing anyone can do. Unless someone now have access to the same Keg. I think that is what we will find out tomorrow. Is it still ONLY Froome that has access to the super juice?

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
wrinklyvet said:
King Boonen said:
bigcog said:
King Boonen said:
pastronef said:

Perhaps, either way, you should set a better example to impressionable youngsters here. :rolleyes:

He may have just been thinking about time when dawg was leading wiggo up a mountain and caused all sorts of ego-driven chaos. But that's just a statement on froome's nature, not that of brit's in general.

86TDFWinner said:
SeriousSam said:
pastronef said:

There should be

I'm surprised everyone is so sceptical of this.

Considering where Froome was a month ago, I can totally see him agreeing to give Thomas the TDF, either as a price for getting off or perhaps as part of his eternal battle to come off like a nice guy in the media.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I guess Froome reserved the Keg? I am thinking stage 19, perhaps this stage was too obvious or too short to crush the opposition. I am not buying all that "tired" look. Usually fake news to throw off folks

The Hitch said:
86TDFWinner said:
SeriousSam said:
pastronef said:

There should be

I'm surprised everyone is so sceptical of this.

Considering where Froome was a month ago, I can totally see him agreeing to give Thomas the TDF, either as a price for getting off or perhaps as part of his eternal battle to come off like a nice guy in the media.

so now froome is bribing WADA so Thomas can win a grand tour....ok then!!!!!!!

Re:

jilbiker said:
I guess Froome reserved the Keg? I am thinking stage 19, perhaps this stage was too obvious or too short to crush the opposition. I am not buying all that "tired" look. Usually fake news to throw off folks

I agree. Faking being tired is Froome's new go-to strategy to make fans believe that he's riding clean. Riding up Mount Ventoux at a normal rider's resting heart rate while crushing the opposition didn't seem to work well. He'll throw it down on one of the next few stages.

IMO Team Sky could easily be 1-5 on GC if they felt like rubbing it in...

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Re:

King Boonen said:
Mod hat on:

Final warning about this. I’ve just removed several posts that were not clinic related. From now on this kind of posting will be considered trolling and is likely to lead to a forum holiday.

Cheers,

KB.

Ban all non Froome supporters, and you can start with me.

Your logic seems to be the same as the one of DB, everyone who has opinion not matching with the standpoint of you (cycling news) will be banned for trolling. The best way to force people to love team Sky and all its members with intellectual capacity of Winnie-the-Pooh.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
We could get Froome does Landis 2: Tourmaloo after the transition day, peeps. I'm not expecting it to be honest. It seems like Froome is willing a share around the undeserved victories since they're going cheap for Sky these days. But just dream for a moment. Wouldn't it be magical to get one more Landesque-not-normal-mutant-yolo raid? Bring it on.

Re: Re:

lartiste said:
King Boonen said:
Mod hat on:

Final warning about this. I’ve just removed several posts that were not clinic related. From now on this kind of posting will be considered trolling and is likely to lead to a forum holiday.

Cheers,

KB.

Ban all non Froome supporters, and you can start with me.

Your logic seems to be the same as the one of DB, everyone who has opinion not matching with the standpoint of you (cycling news) will be banned for trolling. The best way to force people to love team Sky and all its members with intellectual capacity of Winnie-the-Pooh.
I have no idea what you are talking about?

Blanco said:
TourOfSardinia said:
:confused: What went wrong with the program yesterday?

Nothing went wrong. Thomas is designate to win this Tour, Froome will be a hero for helping his mate out (although he didn't help him at all).

He might not have helped Thomas physically.....but neither has he held him back in anyway with diva demands or strops. Considering past scenarios within Team Sky which have negatively impacted Froome this is a contribution to Thomas' win (should it happen) which is not insignificant...

pastronef said:
TourOfSardinia said:

nothing. he´s feeling the Giro in his legs a bit more than Dumo.
but Dave got the Plan B dialled and they could bring yellow home anyway with Thomas
that ain´t bad
But aren't there any margin gains to cure that?
Or may be a TUE?
A bb or similar?
Who messed up?
Aliens don't feel their legs, do they?

TourOfSardinia said:
pastronef said:
TourOfSardinia said:

nothing. he´s feeling the Giro in his legs a bit more than Dumo.
but Dave got the Plan B dialled and they could bring yellow home anyway with Thomas
that ain´t bad
But aren't there any margin gains to cure that?
Or may be a TUE?
A bb or similar?
Who messed up?
Aliens don't feel their legs, do they?

grasse risate eh

I think the Dawg has conceded. The world hates him as it is, if he went on a long range attack on Friday I think he’d be lynched by the British as well. He needs to pull on the front for Thomas and show what a lovely guy he is :) The French would warm to him.

TRENDING THREADS