• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1323 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Knutsen said:
The Hitch said:
Cycling is like wwe you are right. Difference is in wwe its mostly children that think its real and they'll learn better soon. In cycling there is a small group of middle aged lycra warriors who still think it's real

You are wrong. You should get out among people and the general cycling fans more. Will do you good.
The last time I saw someone on here offer an argument for why they believe sky, without at least one personal insult or shot at those who dont believe, was probably 2013

Coincidentally and to argue the point, the last time I had or heard a discussion about cycling, that didn't involve - but they all dope, was 2012. It was box hill and the hill was full of extremely patriotic bits who were too invested in wiggins to accept that cycling and doping went together. They did later start to talk about doping when a brit didn't win but vinoukurov did.
Of course the cheer when the commentator mentioned David Millar with 30k to go was deafening. Which made the commentary of vino quite hypocritical.

Anyway I think it will be very hard for you to make the argument that most ppl don't doubt froome and sky. 80%of Danes asked said thye doubted him and that was back in 2013 before the jiffy bag, the failed test and the 3 other tour wins

Where did you pull that one out from....80% of Danes?

That's a great stat; right up there with the 8 out of 10 cats who preferred whiskers :lol:

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
292-20180727_MS_TDF_012.jpg

Nature, severe diet and exercise, or AICAR?

Elagabalus said:
Merckx index said:
Don't know if this has ever been posted before, but here's a really detailed attempt to determine if Froome doped to win the 2013 TDF (and this is only Part 3 of the analysis):

https://powerful-problem-solving.com/did-chris-froome-dope-to-win-the-2013-tour-de-france-part-3-conclusion/

This guy makes everyone in the Clinic look like a slacker.

What?! No tailwind analysis?!!

the Science of Sport!

How the Race Was Won?

brownbobby said:
The Hitch said:
Knutsen said:
The Hitch said:
Cycling is like wwe you are right. Difference is in wwe its mostly children that think its real and they'll learn better soon. In cycling there is a small group of middle aged lycra warriors who still think it's real

You are wrong. You should get out among people and the general cycling fans more. Will do you good.
The last time I saw someone on here offer an argument for why they believe sky, without at least one personal insult or shot at those who dont believe, was probably 2013

Coincidentally and to argue the point, the last time I had or heard a discussion about cycling, that didn't involve - but they all dope, was 2012. It was box hill and the hill was full of extremely patriotic bits who were too invested in wiggins to accept that cycling and doping went together. They did later start to talk about doping when a brit didn't win but vinoukurov did.
Of course the cheer when the commentator mentioned David Millar with 30k to go was deafening. Which made the commentary of vino quite hypocritical.

Anyway I think it will be very hard for you to make the argument that most ppl don't doubt froome and sky. 80%of Danes asked said thye doubted him and that was back in 2013 before the jiffy bag, the failed test and the 3 other tour wins

That's a great stat; right up there with the 8 out of 10 cats who preferred whiskers :lol:

Well, I am one of the 80% of Danes. And if I had a cat, it would prefer Whiskas (danish name):)

On a more serious note, I would postulate, that most Danes find the domination of Sky far fetched. Our beloved commentator/cycling enthusiast Jørgen Leth commented at the beginning of the Tour, that accepting Chris Froome with his akward style and Sky was a necessary and given task. Of course Leth does not mind doping, and is finding it hard to like Froome from an aesthetic point of view only, but anyone (Danes or otherwise) who have witnessed previous dominating teams and riders know what is going on.
This is not only a dominating team with one talented rider, but a dominating team with three different riders able to win the Tour. That is not normal, and the most likely explanation is that they have access to some sort of 'bulletproof' doping regime.

$$$$

ahsoe said:
brownbobby said:
The Hitch said:
Knutsen said:
The Hitch said:

Well, I am one of the 80% of Danes. And if I had a cat, it would prefer Whiskas (danish name):)

On a more serious note, I would postulate, that most Danes find the domination of Sky far fetched. Our beloved commentator/cycling enthusiast Jørgen Leth commented at the beginning of the Tour, that accepting Chris Froome with his akward style and Sky was a necessary and given task. Of course Leth does not mind doping, and is finding it hard to like Froome from an aesthetic point of view only, but anyone (Danes or otherwise) who have witnessed previous dominating teams and riders know what is going on.
This is not only a dominating team with one talented rider, but a dominating team with three different riders able to win the Tour. That is not normal, and the most likely explanation is that they have access to some sort of 'bulletproof' doping regime.

$$$$

Re: $$$$

TubularBills said:

You are wrong. You should get out among people and the general cycling fans more. Will do you good.[/quote]

Anyway I think it will be very hard for you to make the argument that most ppl don't doubt froome and sky. 80%of Danes asked said thye doubted him and that was back in 2013 before the jiffy bag, the failed test and the 3 other tour wins[/quote]

That's a great stat; right up there with the 8 out of 10 cats who preferred whiskers :lol:[/quote]

This is not only a dominating team with one talented rider, but a dominating team with three different riders able to win the Tour. That is not normal, and the most likely explanation is that they have access to some sort of 'bulletproof' doping regime.[/quote]

$$$$[/quote]

Que? Please elaborate :)

Re: $$$$

ahsoe said:
TubularBills said:

Anyway I think it will be very hard for you to make the argument that most ppl don't doubt froome and sky. 80%of Danes asked said thye doubted him and that was back in 2013 before the jiffy bag, the failed test and the 3 other tour wins[/quote]

That's a great stat; right up there with the 8 out of 10 cats who preferred whiskers :lol:[/quote]

This is not only a dominating team with one talented rider, but a dominating team with three different riders able to win the Tour. That is not normal, and the most likely explanation is that they have access to some sort of 'bulletproof' doping regime.[/quote]

$$$$[/quote]

Que? Please elaborate :)[/quote]

Moderators.

The initial quote is not mine. Though attributed as such.

I would hope that libel results in a lifetime ban?

Merckx index said:
Don't know if this has ever been posted before, but here's a really detailed attempt to determine if Froome doped to win the 2013 TDF (and this is only Part 3 of the analysis):

https://powerful-problem-solving.com/did-chris-froome-dope-to-win-the-2013-tour-de-france-part-3-conclusion/

This guy makes everyone in the Clinic look like a slacker.
And this was written in 2013. It doesn't even factor in his or Team Sky's results after that, the Jiffy Bag case, the TUE scandals, the salbutamol positive or any other dirty laundry that has surfaced since then.

But all of that will be swept under the rug by the Sky fans that post here, for sure.

Gee, that is some amaze-balls recovery to go from a stage of 'beginning to fade' (2 stages out of 3) to suddenly bouncing back when there's no one to pace you. Ya ya, there's a bunch of silly excuses why, but that is some priceless recovery going on there.

Off topic:

Hi TubularBills

I tried to send you a PM, but was not able to.

Regarding your request to the moderators on my quoting techniques, I am sorry, if I have offended you in any way. It was certainly not intended, and only due to a technical constraint on this forum on the number of embedded quotes the posts can contain.
If I therefore have quoted you in a clumsy way and changed your original message, I did not mean to, and again, I apologise. I hope we can end this here without the need to involve moderators.

Best regards

On topic:

I still need some elaboration on your '$$$$' post in order to respond with a proper answer.

the weirdest thing about Froome is, that sometimes he is clearly going worse and worse, and then suddenly the next day he is good again.

This time trial is another example. He was running on fumes the last mountain stage, and suddenly he almost beats the world ITT champion. I cannot place this.
Same as with the Giro he was going worse and worse after his fall, and then the last week he was flying

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
the weirdest thing about Froome is, that sometimes he is clearly going worse and worse, and then suddenly the next day he is good again.

This time trial is another example. He was running on fumes the last mountain stage, and suddenly he almost beats the world ITT champion. I cannot place this.
Same as with the Giro he was going worse and worse after his fall, and then the last week he was flying

He just saved all his marginal gains for the last day, bundled them into one gain.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

Yup, this is one of the areas where I would love it if the curtain were fully pulled up. It's not like he was having a bad day. Sliding on Wednesday, Thursday was flat so who knows, Friday still sliding, so not recovered on Thursday - this is digging a bit of a whole. It would be one thing to have a great TT and come in 3-6th. That'd still be pushing it. But basically on par with winning it? WTF?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site

Ripper said:
why wtf ? it's classic blood doping 101. a 1/4 unit likely. still undetectable by ANY profiling yet enogh to kick in. the logistics is a problem for the less moneyed, not the sky nor froome :rolleyes:

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

Yes, that is where Sky have succeeded where others have failed. Synchronised Marginal Gains. Or SMG as they call it.

python said:
Ripper said:
why wtf ? it's classic blood doping 101. a 1/4 unit likely. still undetectable by ANY profiling yet enogh to kick in. the logistics is a problem for the less moneyed, not the sky nor froome :rolleyes:

So what happened...Sky are towing blood bags around France for 3 weeks for their star rider who they’ve doped with impunity for the last 6 years...so when do they do it?

Just before the Alps, when the big time gains can be made?

Just before the Pyrénées, when he’s clearly struggling and needs something special to save his race?

Nah...let’s wait until the race is over, it’s all about that 3rd place, can’t let that slip :confused:

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site

brownbobby said:
python said:
Ripper said:

So what happened...Sky are towing blood bags around France for 3 weeks for their star rider who they’ve doped with impunity for the last 6 years...so when do they do it?

Just before the Alps, when the big time gains can be made?

Just before the Pyrénées, when he’s clearly struggling and needs something special to save his race?

Nah...let’s wait until the race is over, it’s all about that 3rd place, can’t let that slip :confused:

Very true. A late bag ain't it. Froome's performance in the TT was utterly bizarre though. He looked tired all the last week, understandably so, and then put in a stonking TT ride. As with so many things with Froome, it makes zero sense. Almost always when a rider is fading in the third week of a GT, that weakness is exposed all the more in the 'race of truth'. Roglic reminded us that even seemingly strong riders can still come up a bit short.

But not Froome. How?? The greatest mystery in the history of cycling strikes again.

TRENDING THREADS