• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1324 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
@mamil
neither of us really knows... i speculated blood doping on the basis of several factors. as i said, the logistics is a technicality though highly important. what we know from tyler, armstrong et al is old. new logistics or the variations on the old are in the pipe. to date, only a sudden increase in the rbc can provide the aerobic power surges we saw in froome. no ped i am aware of can boost overnight...his power deficit in the mountains where he was dropped was not huge. i'd say about .2-.3 watt/kg compared to those who dropped him.to catch up, jives with the amount of rbc introduced by a 1/4 unit and perhaps a very short-lived anabolic too.

of course it is a speculation but i was in the loop at some point.

Re:

Pantani_lives said:
Eddy Planckaert just said on Belgian TV that Froome shouldn't have been allowed to start. Positive A-sample and positive B-sample should mean ban.
someone needs schooled......its not a banned substance so it doesn't work that way, he had an abnormal reading, asked to explain and he did...have you and eddy missed the last month???

Re:

python said:
@mamil
neither of us really knows... i speculated blood doping on the basis of several factors. as i said, the logistics is a technicality though highly important. what we know from tyler, armstrong et al is old. new logistics or the variations on the old are in the pipe. to date, only a sudden increase in the rbc can provide the aerobic power surges we saw in froome. no ped i am aware of can boost overnight...his power deficit in the mountains where he was dropped was not huge. i'd say about .2-.3 watt/kg compared to those who dropped him.to catch up, jives with the amount of rbc introduced by a 1/4 unit and perhaps a very short-lived anabolic too.

The only thing that makes sense IMO is that Froome never got dropped. He dropped himself. The dude who can fly up Mount Ventoux like it's a climb in Florida isn't going to get dropped by anyone. GT won this year while not even having to sweat. GT and Froome both backed off in the TT. Froome almost accidentally won. Imagine Froome and Thomas riding 100% on 3+ stages. They would distance the rest by 30+ minutes. That's how far ahead they really are.

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
Re:

python said:
@mamil

Maybe. Certainly the nature of the performance was consistent with a little blood top up. But I couldn't see why he'd take it then, rather than when the race was there to be won earlier in the week. Perhaps though the idea of the podium slipping away was unpalatable, and convinced him to push the envelope a little more. Plus it would probably be easier to do so for one 35k effort than the big mountain stages. Still not convinced that's the answer, but it could be somewhere in the ball park.

Re: Re:

Mamil said:
python said:
@mamil

Maybe. Certainly the nature of the performance was consistent with a little blood top up. But I couldn't see why he'd take it then, rather than when the race was there to be won earlier in the week. Perhaps though the idea of the podium slipping away was unpalatable, and convinced him to push the envelope a little more. Plus it would probably be easier to do so for one 35k effort than the big mountain stages. Still not convinced that's the answer, but it could be somewhere in the ball park.

GW/AICAR is effectively overnight performance, you just need a 12 hour window. Froome was unlikely tested on the last two mountains stages as not in yellow, opportune time for a quick hit before the ITT. But more likely two microdoses of EPO over two days would do it peaking at the ITT.

hfer07 said:
So...

after 4 succesul consecutive Grand Tours, What's next for the Magic Kenyan? World's?

With a new proper english* homegrown champion in the form of GT the British press with a little help from SKY throw him under the bus and start to build the "Kenyan born" Chris Froome is a drug cheat narrative.

Merckx index said:
Don't know if this has ever been posted before, but here's a really detailed attempt to determine if Froome doped to win the 2013 TDF (and this is only Part 3 of the analysis):

https://powerful-problem-solving.com/did-chris-froome-dope-to-win-the-2013-tour-de-france-part-3-conclusion/

This guy makes everyone in the Clinic look like a slacker.

This sums it up quite well
froome-pt3-12.png

All of those things happened right? :cool:

Saint Unix said:
Merckx index said:
Don't know if this has ever been posted before, but here's a really detailed attempt to determine if Froome doped to win the 2013 TDF (and this is only Part 3 of the analysis):

https://powerful-problem-solving.com/did-chris-froome-dope-to-win-the-2013-tour-de-france-part-3-conclusion/

This guy makes everyone in the Clinic look like a slacker.
And this was written in 2013. It doesn't even factor in his or Team Sky's results after that, the Jiffy Bag case, the TUE scandals, the salbutamol positive or any other dirty laundry that has surfaced since then.

But all of that will be swept under the rug by the Sky fans that post here, for sure.

*never tested positive
*everyone who posts on the internet is stupid (but those who believe in sky are above this rule).

Ripper said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
the weirdest thing about Froome is, that sometimes he is clearly going worse and worse, and then suddenly the next day he is good again.

This time trial is another example. He was running on fumes the last mountain stage, and suddenly he almost beats the world ITT champion. I cannot place this.
Same as with the Giro he was going worse and worse after his fall, and then the last week he was flying
Yup, this is one of the areas where I would love it if the curtain were fully pulled up. It's not like he was having a bad day. Sliding on Wednesday, Thursday was flat so who knows, Friday still sliding, so not recovered on Thursday - this is digging a bit of a whole. It would be one thing to have a great TT and come in 3-6th. That'd still be pushing it. But basically on par with winning it? WTF?

Let's not forget the Vuelta so quickly.....He was clearly in decline, Nibali took time off him on a mtf, press + internet basically concluded 'that's it, with the tdf in his legs no way he can win', then he dropped everyone......then at this precise time he bloody got popped for having twice the legal limit of salbutamol......(whilst claiming to be sick)!

They're doing whatever they need to do to get him firing in the 3rd week of GT's. That's not even speculation - that's a drug test right on cue that was basically made to go away.

The Hegelian said:
Ripper said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
the weirdest thing about Froome is, that sometimes he is clearly going worse and worse, and then suddenly the next day he is good again.

This time trial is another example. He was running on fumes the last mountain stage, and suddenly he almost beats the world ITT champion. I cannot place this.
Same as with the Giro he was going worse and worse after his fall, and then the last week he was flying
Yup, this is one of the areas where I would love it if the curtain were fully pulled up. It's not like he was having a bad day. Sliding on Wednesday, Thursday was flat so who knows, Friday still sliding, so not recovered on Thursday - this is digging a bit of a whole. It would be one thing to have a great TT and come in 3-6th. That'd still be pushing it. But basically on par with winning it? WTF?

Let's not forget the Vuelta so quickly.....He was clearly in decline, Nibali took time off him on a mtf, press + internet basically concluded 'that's it, with the tdf in his legs no way he can win', then he dropped everyone......then at this precise time he bloody got popped for having twice the legal limit of salbutamol......(whilst claiming to be sick)!

They're doing whatever they need to do to get him firing in the 3rd week of GT's. That's not even speculation - that's a drug test right on cue that was basically made to go away.

The whole Sky Team's recovery program is something to behold.

TRENDING THREADS