• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Forunculo said:
Is baldness a signal of doping?

Iniesta and Zidane have been linked to doping.
So has Pozzato.
Filippo_Pozatto.jpg

Show me studies pointing at baldness being more prevalent among elite athletes, and then we'll talk.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
We just saw why Froome would have won this Tour by 3 minutes if he wasn't under team orders. He could have dropped Wiggins and everybody else on the climb of his choosing at any point in this race.

Anybody still think its even remotely possible the guy is clean?

Not a chance.

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
UlleGigo said:
We just saw why Froome would have won this Tour by 3 minutes if he wasn't under team orders. He could have dropped Wiggins and everybody else on the climb of his choosing at any point in this race.

Anybody still think its even remotely possible the guy is clean?

Not a chance.

Well, without using conspiracy theories, like they will bust him if he don't do as told etc and just being doped to the gills.. then we can atleast say one thing

Froome just lost his only chance at ever winning the tour... I look forward to see Froome at Astana next year..

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Dr.Sahl said:
Froome just lost his only chance at ever winning the tour... I look forward to see Froome at Astana next year..

Definitely. Bertie will come back with the rage of half of Spain's bovine population in his belly and destroy Sky.

In all seriousness though Froome could have absolutely destroyed this race. I don't think we saw half of his capabilities in this tour. It's shame though. If I'm going to be lied to I'd at least like to be entertained at the same time.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
zigmeister said:
In fairness to Froome on his weight loss, his parasite infection would play a big part in that I would assume and treatment.

He clearly is much leaner/lighter that previously.

Oh another <insert Sky rider's name> was a plodder because they were tubby excuse.

Froome is amazing, he actually has no limit whatsoever. Id love to see him and ricco one on one, in full flight. At the end of a gruelling stage they can just chat casually without even needing to catch a breath, while experienced climbers struggle to the line

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
UlleGigo said:
Definitely. Bertie will come back with the rage of half of Spain's bovine population in his belly and destroy Sky.

In all seriousness though Froome could have absolutely destroyed this race. I don't think we saw half of his capabilities in this tour. It's shame though. If I'm going to be lied to I'd at least like to be entertained at the same time.

I get the impression, could be wrong, you revere Contador (a proven doper) over Froome (possible doper). I mean if Contador was clean as whistle and out this year due to injury i can see why you might say our white knight is returning. Are you saying their all doped lets pick our fav dopers?

I think it's fair to say, after what we all witnessed, that this year's Tour was disigned for Sky to win, and specifically for Wiggins to win, given the London Olympics and the publicity Sky would do for cycling and all.

It's not sincere, but then again we've become accustomed to watching pro cycling for years.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
observer said:
Froome is amazing, he actually has no limit whatsoever. Id love to see him and ricco one on one, in full flight. At the end of a gruelling stage they can just chat casually without even needing to catch a breath, while experienced climbers struggle to the line

when will they get caught?

UlleGigo said:
In all seriousness though Froome could have absolutely destroyed this race. I don't think we saw half of his capabilities in this tour.

I agree. We've no idea what Froome was capable of on this tour over and above winning it. At no point has he been permitted to show his full potential so has looked less superhuman than the Vuelta.

If people want to see what Froome is capable of and are willing to hold your nose and watch the telly, check out the Vuelta with him, Contador and a Cobo who is unlikely to be in the shape where he is consistently getting dropped by EBH. It could be a circus as I think they are unlikely to be able to dominate eachother, so they'll push eachother to the limit, likely gapping the rest by minutes on individual stages.

Wiggins couldn't possibly let him go today. He could have got 30-40+ seconds and then who knows what he might do in the ITT with less than 90 seconds to make up.

I see it the same way. If you look at the mountains (none too extreme), and long TT's, and few stages for long escapes, it was certainly set-up to be Wiggins vs. Evans.

zigmeister said:
In fairness to Froome on his weight loss, his parasite infection would play a big part in that I would assume and treatment.
Yes, parasitic infections also apparently increase one's power output as well.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
rhubroma said:
I think it's fair to say, after what we all witnessed, that this year's Tour was disigned for Sky to win, and specifically for Wiggins to win, given the London Olympics and the publicity Sky would do for cycling and all.

It's not sincere, but then again we've become accustomed to watching pro cycling for years.

The notion that the French care about the London Olympics is very difficult for me to believe. That the French would have designed a course specifically for Sky and Wiggins is even harder for me to believe.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Turner29 said:
The notion that the French care about the London Olympics is very difficult for me to believe. That the French would have designed a course specifically for Sky and Wiggins is even harder for me to believe.

They care about the £'s being generated from cycling kicking off in the UK. Have we not seen this somewhere before - oh yes LA and the American market.

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
zigmeister said:

He clearly is much leaner/lighter that previously.

you should go read up on it and then you should look at similar cases in cycling (I've seen many forms of illness being used as a reason for bad form before super form)

Most of the time they used PED's anyway.

I can't say Froome is doping, but he sure looked suspect this tour (many do in every tour) but if he is legal this was his big one time peak as a GC contender... sadly he wasted that :)

But well, its not that I don't like Sky "I like a few of the riders alot" but I can't have faith nor respect for any team with GL on it.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Lol that would be one way..can another rich team buy out his contract?

No SKy said no f****** way, plus SKY does not want to leak their secretes out so fast if Froom is smart enough to know what and when he took

TRENDING THREADS