• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Froome Vs. Contador

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will you cheer for?

• Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
looks pretty even atm according to the polls. I say contador has the better abilities but this year froome has better form. If it was 100% contador vs 100% froome, contador would destroy him; but this isn't the case this year. So for me unless contador brings the form that won him the 2009 tour and 2011 giro, he'll be on the second step come paris. But i still have no clue of either riders form.

I could be wrong but I have a feeling that it just won't be Froome going head to head with Contador. I think the race is more open than that this year. Froome as leader in a grand tour for the first time. Contador knowing he needs to improve but how much will he ? Then you have questions about three of four other riders. I think it will be much better than last year.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I could be wrong but I have a feeling that it just won't be Froome going head to head with Contador. I think the race is more open than that this year. Froome as leader in a grand tour for the first time. Contador knowing he needs to improve but how much will he ? Then you have questions about three of four other riders. I think it will be much better than last year.

I'm also thinking that. Rodriguez is going along quietly up to now and Quintana has some devastating power. The mountain stages might be a lot more interesting than Sky would like them and that will make for good viewing.

Netserk said:
I cannot make a new poll, but I can edit the question and answers and cancel the votes, but then those that have already voted won't be able to vote.

So basically no.

You can create a new thread with a new poll, and move all the posts from here into that thread including Afrank's opening post as the OP. Then delete this thread. Everything will then appear exactly as desired and everyone will have a vote.

When you put your mind to things, there is nothing you can't achieve.;)

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I read somewhere he had stated he will be in the same form as giro 2011 or better. It could be smoke, but considering his somewhat weird season so far, something special has to happen.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I like Hitch's suggestion.

theyoungest said:
I think the 'neither' option is quite interesting. They'll share a spot on the podium?

Yeah, doesn't go with the poll question. :eek: Neither is assuming it will be one of them will win the Tour, i.e. If someone thinks neither will win.

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
if it was purely Froome vs. Contador, I would be completely neutral. But as Froome rides for team sky who destroy any excitement in a race and any breakaways by non GC riders i tend towards contador more.

I prefer Contador as a rider but I hold no grudge against Froome and I'm dying to see what he can do when he really gets going. Would like to see Froome do a great race but Contador winning in the end. I hope that Sky won't be too strong otherwise the mountain stages might be a bit dull.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
kingjr said:
I prefer Contador as a rider but I hold no grudge against Froome and I'm dying to see what he can do when he really gets going. Would like to see Froome do a great race but Contador winning in the end. I hope that Sky won't be too strong otherwise the mountain stages might be a bit dull.

Sky don't need to be too strong because Froome is too strong.

I root for a demonstration of the alien capacities, 5+ min gap just to see the forum which will languish for alleged injustice of it.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I love Contador, this is true. However, if Froome gives us some beautiful racing, I will be much more inclined to like him. I don't dislike everything that comes out of sky, just everyone that turns a beautiful sport into a dull affair. I love the columbians.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
Polls are not anonimous?
I dont mind here...I was close to be neutral, but I will be more with Froome, but in others polls I will ask before if they are anonimous.

Some are anonymous, others not. You can choose whether to make it anonymous or not when you make the poll.

Just click the number of votes to find out if it's anonymous or not.

Afrank said:
Some are anonymous, others not. You can choose whether to make it anonymous or not when you make the poll.

Just click the number of votes to find out if it's anonymous or not.

Thank you ;)

Well, at least in this Forum not everybody hates Froome, that is very nice for me. I dont understand, after to watch Oman or La Gallina last year in La Vuelta, or Peña Cabarga... how people can say the dont like him as a rider. He dont have a strong aceleration as Contador, but he attack and he is like crazy and unexpected...

The team is other way...maybe it is the best way for the team results, so I understand, at the end is to win, but that kind of cycling is normal people dont like

I saw Fignon or Hinault ride, so...but anyway anytime has his good things, SKy as well has amazing and nice things, and everything in world change, and cycling is still very hard despite all.

TRENDING THREADS