• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GC Power Ranking

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I want to wait till after the Vuelta for a completely updated list.
GT
1. Pogacar
2. Vingegaard
3rd. Roglic/Eveneloel
5th Almeida
6th Adam
After that it can be a toss up with everyone else but I think I’d drop Mas, Thomas, and Hindley lower. But this can change after the Vuelta. Once past the big 4 it could be anyones chance to win but I think Almeida has improved even more.
GTs
1. Pogacar
2. Vingegaard

3. Roglic/Evenepoel

5. Almeida

6. Landa/Adam
7. Mas/Carapaz/Hindley/Jorgenson/C Rod/Ayuso/TGH/Thomas/Simon
16. Skjelmose/Cian/Kuss/Vlasov/The rest

Pogacar and Vingegaard are undisputed one and two. Then we have a gap to Roglic and Evenepoel who are even and with their own ups and downs. Then another gap to Almeida who has progressed every year and is a solid all rounder who knows how to ride within himself, he just gets sick a lot. Then a smaller gap due to Almeida being a better all arounder to Landa and Adam. After that it’s a free for all depending on the route and race for 7-15 but I think those are a little better than 16 down but that could change next year.

For week stage racing I’d have:
1. Pogacar
2. Roglic
3. Vingegaard
4. Evenepoel
5. Jorgenson/Skjelmose/Almeida/Adam/Vlasov/Ayuso
11. The rest

1. Vignegard
2 Tadej pogacar
3. Remco
4. Primo Roglic
5. Adam Yates
6. Almida
7. Jay hindley
8. Simon Yates
9. Landa
10. Enrick mas
11. Tiberi
11. Carapax
12. Martinez
13. Gaudu
So many random spainish guys to list now

14. Juan ajuso
15. Daniel Felipe martines
16. C Rodieigues
17. Ben o connor
18. BERNAL

19. G Thomas (lol)
20. If there's decents then Caruso
21. Alexandre vlasov
22. Ciccone

• Haha
Reactions: Cassirer
I would actually put Evenepoel ahead of Roglic, before the latter crashed out of the Tour the former was the stronger on San Luca, Galibier, the gravel sectors and in the TT, with the two of them equal only in Le Lioran.

As always, GT-only ranking:

5) Almeida (this one is pretty clear, IMO)
6) Mas (him, DFM and Ayuso are definitely the hardest to rank for me)
7) Landa
8) DFM
9) Ayuso
10) Carapaz
11) O'Connor (a power ranking is a predictive ranking of who would do best if everyone started an average-route GT in usual form right now, not a ranking of best performances this year - if anything 11th feels a bit high)
12) Thomas
13) Rodriguez
14) A Yates
15) Tiberi
16) Jorgenson
17) Hindley
18) S Yates
19) TGH
20) Gaudu
Putting hindley in 17 this is some good trolling. If you were in a comma from November 2020 onwards and only woke up for 3 wweeks in may 2022, you would rank him above pogacar

GT GC:

1. Froome (7 GT) with a double
2. Roglič (5 GT)
3. Pogačar (4 GT) with a double
4. Vingegaard/Bernal (2 GT)
6. Evenepoel/TGH/Thomas/Carapaz/Simon/Kuss/Hindley(1 GT)

People saying things like i will put Evenepoel above Roglič and both at the end of the list, well, lets just burst that bubble, shall we.

P.S. For week long stage racing i feel it's somewhat the same.
Maybe next year you can give us a power ranking instead of a GT winners list.

"We knew that Primož was going to act today because he likes stages with only one climb," Mas said, but no amount of forewarning could really prepare the other podium contenders for the astonishing violence of Red Bull's collective effort on the climb itself.

"Very few people in the peloton or in the world can do that kind of effort. Jonas [Vingegaard] and Tadej [Pogačar] are at the same level, but the rest of us have to manage ourselves a bit more."

GT GC:

1. Roglič (5 GT)
2. Pogačar (3 GT)
3. Vingegaard (2 GT)
4. Evenepoel (1 GT)

People saying things like i will put Evenepoel above Roglič and both at the end of the list, well, lets just burst that bubble, shall we.

Pogacar has 4 GTs (including 3 TdF), not 3. You are not in top form today!

GT GC:

1. Roglič (5 GT)
2. Pogačar (3 GT)
3. Vingegaard (2 GT)
4. Evenepoel (1 GT)

Which of Pog's Grand Tours doesn't count and why?

And how have you still not understood what this thread is about?

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Pogacar has 4 GTs (including 3 TdF), not 3. You are not in top form today!
That's only because you count 2020 TdF as a Pog victory ;) Where Abi made mistake was Roglic at 5 instead of 6... Which conveniently brings me to the next topic:

Only way it’ll change is if Pogacar wins another 2 and Roglic 0 next year.
Since Abi has 6-3 scoring, it will take a bit more than that.

Across all the times that this thread has popped up down the years, Abi has been fed enough to reach morbid obesity...

Actually, no. Last couple of years BMI is under control. Especially in the winter season it's important to keep normal BMI. Rogla being role model and hence it's a tad easier. I do agree, though, that in western countries this is getting out of control. As a consumer in western type of society one has to go to great lengths, not to gain excessive weight. On top of that if you have normal BMI a lot of such people don't eat healthy.

Reactions: abbulf
Putting Evenepoel ahead of Roglic seems to require putting am extreme amount of emphasis on 1 week of racing in the past 2 years.
Quite the opposite. Roglic has been the better in two of the three one-week races they've raced against each other in this period (Catalunya 2023, Paris-Nice 2024, Dauphiné 2024), but was the worse in this year's Tour prior to crashing out. In a one-week ranking, rather than a GT ranking, I would actually have Roglic comfortably ahead of Evenepoel.

Reactions: Sandisfan