• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gee I think it's awful that a DOPER won LBL

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Oh no..... my favorite rider should have won because he never does anything wrong and his farts smell like Megan Fox.

1197719256m7G3kH.jpg

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Thought I'd save ACF (and others) the effort and open this thread first. You know you want it.

No need to complain yet. Wait a few weeks. Maybe he did win, maybe he didn't. Patience. Even TdF wins often need months and years to be sorted out.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The poll is:

- Tricycles are actually souped up bicycles and are therefore correctly on the UCIs banned substances list:

1) Agree
2) Disagree
3) I love Vino
4) I don't know
5) My mom tells me it is time to go to bed, so i'll respond later with the paperwork submitted in threefold, after having analyzed the situation into the greatest detail

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Besides being a fan of Vino in general, I get a certain Schadenfreude over the frustration and outrage of the various ill-informed fans here who think that any of the other riders in the Top 10 of LBL are clean. If Gilbert or Kolonev had won....guess what folks a doper still would have won!

This sport will never have a shot at cleaning up its act until it cleans house...that means McLame, Bruyneel, Riis...all of em need to go. Otherwise it's just talk.

LBL final* result is in.

1. Convicted doper, served his time.
2. Soon to be implicated in Italian drug ring.
3. Convicted doper out on parole?
4. Says he would win everything but he is the only one that doesn't dope.
5. Says he doesn't either, but a teammate just got pinched this week.
6. Brother paid a gynocologist for "training tips".
7. Couple teammates busted in the past year, besides he's Spanish
8. Consorts with known dopers.
9. The brother from above.
10. Implicated in the gynocologist's little legal problem, then "cleared", but he is Spanish as well.

And thats your top ten folks!
* for now

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I "prayed" that Vino wins. It´s a win over all hypocrites (TV-Stations, Newspapers, ASO etc. etc.) who celebrate Contradoper, Valv-Piti and Epo-Lance and also ignore their doping history.

In contrast to the above listed, Vino was banned for 2 years.

His win is also a win for Ulle, the Chicken and other scapegoats who weren´t covered up by corrupt organisations like UCI, Spanish Cycling Union etc.

Thank you Vino for that revenge, it couldn´t have been any better.

P.S.: I am not a Fan-Boy of Vino, but for justice. And justice was made today :)

ludwig said:
Besides being a fan of Vino in general, I get a certain Schadenfreude over the frustration and outrage of the various ill-informed fans here who think that any of the other riders in the Top 10 of LBL are clean. If Gilbert or Kolonev had won....guess what folks a doper still would have won!

I have to say I think Gilbert is clean. At least I hope he is. Certainly the rest of the top 10 aren't (not sure about Kolobnev).

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I "prayed" that Vino wins. It´s a win over all hypocrites (TV-Stations, Newspapers, ASO etc. etc.) who celebrate Contradoper, Valv-Piti and Epo-Lance and also ignore their doping history.

His win is also a win for Ulle, the Chicken and other scapegoats who weren´t covered up by corrupt organisations like UCI, Spanish Cycling Union etc.

P.S.: I am not a Fan-Boy of Vino, but for justice. And justice was made today :)

Right on :D:D:D:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Has a non-doper won LBL in the las 15 years?

1994 Eugeni Berzin (RUS) Gewiss-Ballan
1995 Mauro Gianetti (SUI) Team Polti
1996 Pascal Richard (SUI) MG Maglificio
1997 Michele Bartoli (ITA) Maglifico MG
1998 Michele Bartoli (ITA) Asics
1999 Frank Vandenbroucke (BEL) Cofidis
2000 Paolo Bettini (ITA) Mapei-Quickstep
2001 Oscar Camenzind (SUI) Lampre-Daikin
2002 Paolo Bettini (ITA) Mapei-Quickstep
2003 Tyler Hamilton (USA) Team CSC
2004 Davide Rebellin (ITA) Gerolsteiner
2005 Alexandre Vinokourov (KAZ) T-Mobile Team
2006 Alejandro Valverde (ESP) Caisse d'Epargne-Illes Balears
2007 Danilo Di Luca (ITA) Liquigas
2008 Alejandro Valverde (ESP) Caisse d'Epargne
2009 Andy Schleck (LUX) Team Saxo Bank
2010 Alexandre Vinokourov (KAZ) Astana

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Hugh, you forgot the POLL!

Here. Knock yourself out.

graham-poll-with-cards.jpg

Hugh Januss said:
LBL final* result is in.

1. Convicted doper, served his time.
2. Soon to be implicated in Italian drug ring. Wrong. Already implicated in spanish drug ring.
3. Convicted doper out on parole?
4. Says he would win everything but he is the only one that doesn't dope.
5. Says he doesn't either, but a teammate just got pinched this week. And a bunch before. And he rode for Telekom. And Saeco. And Mapei. And Lotto. None of those are exactly shining endorsements.
6. Brother paid a gynocologist for "training tips".
7. Couple teammates busted in the past year, besides he's Spanish
8. Consorts with known dopers.
9. The brother from above.
10. Implicated in the gynocologist's little legal problem, then "cleared", but he is Spanish as well.

Race Radio said:
Has a non-doper won a monument or GT in the las 15 years?

No

I'm not bitter, I'm realistic

r.avens

BANNED
Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
The poll is:

- Tricycles are actually souped up bicycles and are therefore correctly on the UCIs banned substances list:

1) Agree
2) Disagree
3) I love Vino
4) I don't know
5) My mom tells me it is time to go to bed, so i'll respond later with the paperwork submitted in threefold, after having analyzed the situation into the greatest detail

6) I am never watching cycling again and semi-suicidal if the winner is not repentant enough for my Catholic sensibilities on sin and guilt.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Vino and Valv are such dominant riders today, it makes me wonder why they ever bothered to dope in the first place. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

I love a race with Vino in the peloton, his style brings that anything-could-happen quality to the race. But come on, he sits out for two years and at 36 years old is about as good as when he was blood doping? I can't buy into that. But I don't believe we have a clean peloton anyway, so it might as well be Vino who wins.

As for Kolobnev, come on he's Russian. I saw Rocky IV, I know what they're up to ;). I don't trust anyone on that podium.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Damn - I do not want to agree with you but I cannot fault your logic.

What a sad state of affairs this great sport is in.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
But come on, he sits out for two years and at 36 years old is about as good as when he was blood doping?

But that´s nothing compared to Epo-Lance: Every time he sits out, he gets "better" ... :mad:

By the way, it would be great if Vino gets as good as he was in 2007. Slap, slap, slap ... right into the face of the hypocrites of the UCI, WADA and Spain Cycling.

Every win is a revenge. In this context, Vino should win the Giro. I would LMAO...

:):):)

TRENDING THREADS