• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geert Leinders

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The Tasmanian Devil Ritchie said:
he was no different to any other team doctor that we&#8217]Funny guy, like Saxo/CSC's doctors were/are above suspicion?

Not even to talk about their soigneurs with links to great teams like the Manolo boys ONCE/Astana and PDM.

Dear Wiggo said:
I don't have the quotes of Brailsford's reasoning for hiring Leinders, but if all Porte is getting out of it is

caffeine, strepsils and paracetamol, then the whole "any GP who rides a bike a bit or works with athletes" would seem to have fit the bill?

Whoopee do indeed.

I don't get the sky hate out here, you think it's easy to find a doctor to give out paracetamols and strepsils without a massive history of doping scandals? I actually would only trust Ferrari for that.

coinneach said:
At least Porte answered the question: we need to hear from all Sky riders what he did for them. That's in lieu of Braisfords investigation into Lienders, which he seems to be keeping to himself.

I'd like Sky to publish all the drugs proscribed to their team (even if its for a previous year) Otherwise, we've every right to be suspicious.

Dazed and Confused said:
Teams often employs 3-6 doctors. One hell of an expense just to issue caffeine, strepsils and paracetamol.

I'd really prefer it if they said nothing, because pretending that NOONE knew about Geert and that all he's done is play pharmacist... it actually makes me sort of angry at how much they're taking a ****.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
I don't have the quotes of Brailsford's reasoning for hiring Leinders, but if all Porte is getting out of it is

“If you had a problem you went and saw him but to me he was no different to any other team doctor that we’ve had at Saxo Bank or Sky. When I was sick he helped me. I didn’t know anything about his past, I had no idea. I heard him talk about Rabobank once or twice but whoopee do he’s the ex-Rabobank team doctor. He gave me caffeine maybe but that’s about it. He gave me Strepsils and Paracetamol.”

caffeine, strepsils and paracetamol, then the whole "any GP who rides a bike a bit or works with athletes" would seem to have fit the bill?

Whoopee do indeed.

He's simply taking the **** with the public.

Does anyone here actually belief that a Profesional Cyclist is NOT interested in his doctor? If only for the potential fallout. If this is true it only shows how big the issue is... because of course he should care!

Nice to see he feels a little bit waryabout caffeine as he is really evasive. Once again it's strange a pro wouldn't know the medicinces he's prescribed. I'm not a pro and I sure keep track of what drugs I'm prescribed.

I think it shows that riders are still over-medicated.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a strange thing recently about a paper I read and their on line comment section. It would appear that any mention of Sky's choice of doctor of the last 2 seasons sees your comments removed. I'm sure I'm not imagining this, and find it strange that the paper remove comments on Geert. Am I to think that the Guardian is ran by news corp? I thought it wasn't myself. And why would they need to remove Geert related comments?

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
I've noticed a strange thing recently about a paper I read and their on line comment section. It would appear that any mention of Sky's choice of doctor of the last 2 seasons sees your comments removed. I'm sure I'm not imagining this, and find it strange that the paper remove comments on Geert. Am I to think that the Guardian is ran by news corp? I thought it wasn't myself. And why would they need to remove Geert related comments?
same thing with ST
...no doctors

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Haven't Guardian been mega strict on Sky threads for ages (since July anyway)?

Wouldn't want to overshadow that Fotheringam guy.

I would have thought that the UK's libel laws was enough to make them wary, and who knows what pressures Sky and their lawyers are imposing on the media in the background.

I also can't help thinking that Kimmage's habit of asking difficult questions cost him his job at The Times.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
It's extremely silent on this guy. So how long would it be until he returns to the sport again? :rolleyes:

Or would he pop up in another sport (Tennis? Skating? Soccer?)?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
why aren'T Dutch prosecutors (or the Dutch ADA) on this guy's tail?
he committed most of his crimes on Dutch soil, didn'T he?
plenty of testimonial evidence gathered against this guy.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Walsh, in this thread too?
So, what would interviewing Rasmussen reveal that has not been covered?

How exactly he applied the cream onto the saddle sore.

Novitsky and Tygart interviewed Landis for eight hours. I guess Walsh could learn a thing or 2 interviewing Rasmussen.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
How exactly he applied the cream onto the saddle sore.

Novitsky and Tygart interviewed Landis for eight hours. I guess Walsh could learn a thing or 2 interviewing Rasmussen.

So when Walsh wrote in the Sunday Times about Leinders advising the riders on Rabo to use the blood of family members - you prefer he talks about cream?

I guess you could learn a thing or 2 if you actually read his articles.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
So when Walsh wrote in the Sunday Times about Leinders advising the riders on Rabo to use the blood of family members - you prefer he talks about cream?

I guess Novistky and Tygart decided it was better to go to the source then read Kimmage's full unedited article on Landis.

So Leinder's advised use a family members blood. Wow, wonder what else he did for the years of doctoring at Rabo.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

so indeed he never attempted to interview dekker or rasmussen, the point from which you deflected away.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I guess Novistky and Tygart decided it was better to go to the source then read Kimmage's full unedited article on Landis.
Novitzky and Tygart are investigators - no idea why you bring them up.

Benotti69 said:
So Leinder's advised use a family members blood. Wow, wonder what else he did for the years of doctoring at Rabo.
Walsh wrote about it earlier in the year- why don't you actually read what Walsh wrote about Leinders?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

Walsh wrote about it earlier in the year- why don't you actually read what Walsh wrote about Leinders?
link please...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:

As a comparison, you know to i n t e r v i e w someone to get f a c t s. :rolleyes:

Dr. Maserati said:

I would not give Murdoch a penny, nor I do not have access to a hard copy on any given Sunday.

Why not post a link to a download that you made ;) and then we can all read what the great fan with a type writer had to say about the best saddle sore doctor in the business?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I would not give Murdoch a penny, nor I do not have access to a hard copy on any given Sunday.

Why not post a link to a download that you made ;) and then we can all read what the great fan with a type writer had to say about the best saddle sore doctor in the business?

Then do not complain when your ignorance is displayed time and again.

In fact - why do you continue to post your commentary when you admit you have no intention of reading Walshs pieces?

It is against forum rules to download the full copyrighted material.
Although I may be able to quote a passage from the article later (unless a mod rules otherwise).