• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General complaint thread

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
grafhahahhffffffffgggggggggggggggggggag.

today just made me want to drink a lot.

without going into details, it's frustrating when i know the only person to blame is myself. i see how different choices would lead to preferable outcomes, but then i still go make the wrong choice.

whenever-work-feels-overwhelming-t-shirt-shirtaday-2.jpg

May 6, 2009
Visit site
That our fridge is leaking (it happens once a week when it defrosts, in other words, it needs to be repaired), and I have nearly slipped over twice on the kitchen floor.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
That our fridge is leaking (it happens once a week when it defrosts, in other words, it needs to be repaired), and I have nearly slipped over twice on the kitchen floor.

Clogged drain? Bleach in the evaporation tray. Probably just a dust bunny caught in there or a lil' bit of mold. Bunch of how to videos on ehow.com

May 6, 2009
Visit site
It's almost certain that I have a fractured left collarbone. I go for x-ray's at 8.30am to see if it is fractured or not, either way it hurts like a mofo and I have to have next week off work.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
There is a 1/4 inch sag in my kitchen sub floor. Need to take the whole kitchen out of commission to fix it.
Cracked the carbon steerer tube again even w a Gucci torque wrench.

Cat has crystals in his track,450 vet visit, plus perscrip cat food at 2.35 a can, the big bonus is that he blasts urine out side the box every other time he has to go.
Sat thru a 2 plus hr rained delayed Red Sox/Padre game, whole 3 days cost me 500 to get soaked to the bone. Drove friends brand new turbo diesel VW,put 50 bucks in the tank, and it didn't fill it up.

This is a half complaint. ate at El Pelon in Boston,near Boston College almost Newton, food was great, no NY location, pretty far to commute for a fish taco.
VW tranny and power plant are awesome, thing drives like a go-cart, also the deceleration is instant w your foot off the gas, car gives you a sewing machine control, very impressed w the features in one of the cheapest cars they sell.

washed my favorite Primus t-shirt only to find out that battery acid dust got on it when I helped my hot neighbor jump start her car, a dozen or so lil' micro burn holes.
when BB30 goes bad the sky falls in,hassles o'plenty.outside bearing BB's you can get a decent one for 40. BB30 you pay that much to get the bad one out

Stuck @ home this whole summer...
wishing we could get out of the US to somewhere but not this time.

Our cat knows the second I'm done washing my car and makes a beeline to sleep on the hood and/or roof...kitty trax and tree sap on my windshield

Why does my sister call me when I'm working (teaching) and when I call her back go "Oh I know you're really busy, and it's just me, nothing important." Followed by a deep sigh. One day I will say "Right then" and hang up I swear I will.

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Wasted one of the nicest winter's days ever cleaning. :( Hard to believe the weather could be so nice when a week ago we had a few inches of snow on the ground.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Crap no see miss susan this trip

Me:
just got a call for an interview at larry's office on the morning of the 5th. oh its july, monday is the 4th. will you be home?

Miss Susan:
i will be home - going to be putting together a pantry unit for the kitchen. very heavy and may have some tempertantrums. :)
what time can i expect you? maybe we can BBQ ? fireworks at the park that night, but not sure if i want to go. ho hum

Me:
should be 2-3pm. fireworks might be fun

Miss Susan:
Hi, just talked to mom n my parents were planning to be here for the 4th as well. I have no problem sleeping on the recliner. U could sleep n the spare room, sadly with the litter box, either on the futon or blow up bed. The only issue we may have is mom, if she will be uncomfortable. We will approach her nicely tomorrow...lol.

Me:
does that mean I'll have to go outside to fart?

Miss Susan:
Yes!

Miss Susan:
Larry, I talked to mom and she doesn't feel comfortable having a man she doesn't know in the house. (she can't wander in her night gown). Would you be able to stay at your brothers? If not, let me know and I will have dad talk to mom. sorry. :-(

Me:
My brothers in europe. Don't worry i'll find a place

Miss Susan:
Dad says they can stay n a hotel so as not to cause problems, but I can't let them do that. I'm so sorry.

Me:
no problem

Miss Susan:
do you want to come for BBQ and then walk down to fireworks after?

Me:
I'd enjoy that
Let me find out where I'm staying.

I have nowhere to stay so far. Maybe sleeping in the Toyota Hotel

FML

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
bad day in baja

Some kind of electrical malfunction.

Here's a list of those who did not survive

Main house circuit breaker

27" TV

satellite TV receiver

digital clock

desktop computer

aux. computer speakers

3 CF light bulbs

4 surge protectors

still not sure about tv, toaster and coffee maker in kitchen.

I was lying down when the lights cut on and off real quick with a popping sound. Next everything seemed to popping and crackling. I went in the front room and smoke is billowing out of the TV and satellite receiver. I am freaked thinking the whole house is going to burn down. I unplugged the TV and receiver. Went back to my room and my 40 watt bulb is putting out about 150 watts and my fan sounds like an airplane taking off. well put in new circuit breaker and almost back to normal except for the losses.

main Breakers outside didn't trip. breakers inside didn't trip. surge protectors burnt up. and I still have no idea what happened.at least the house didn't burn down.
041.JPG

043.JPG

Grrr. Trying to get vegetarian food in smaller Australian towns can be a real PITA!

I'm in Darwin for work ATM and tried to get a falafel kebab on the way home from work earlier tonight and the girl gave me lamb instead and didn't understand my problem at all.

"Don't worry, this still tastes very good" she said.

"It's not what I asked for AND I'm a vegetarian!"

"But we don't have any falafel today"

"Why didn't you tell me when I ordered?!?!"

"I thought you wouldn't mind"

WRONG! Then she had the gall to get angry when I left without buying the kebab! It's not like I took it with me!!!

Nobody sane reads the monthly minutes of the Board of Executives Meeting with the Staff Union, right?

It's all "can we have a better coffee machine" or "new regulations on toilet paper use", right?

Well, somebody passed me June's edition the other day, with a couple of paragraphs highlighted. The gist was as follows:

The union representative asked the Board:

If the following statements issued by the Board at the end of the last quarter are true...

* Market conditions are currently 'very challenging'

* Finances are tight because we are trying to shore up the 80% loss of value in the corporate pension fund as a result of the financial crisis

* We are currently facing a high-value lawsuit from a government body which means that we have to ringfence funds to cover that risk

... how does the Board justify that, while staff salaries have decreased by 6% in real terms over the last four years, during the same period the Board's ten highest salaries have increased by over 31%?

:mad::mad::mad:

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey dude who sits across the hall from me at work... When you go take a break, come back 20 mins later with that cheap cologne smelling up the hallway, polluting the air all the way to my office, you are not covering the smoke smell! In fact the cologne/smoke smell is the worst combo! Please stop putting that cheap cologne on so strong it announces your presence 10 minutes before you arrive!

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Breakers outside didn't trip. breakers inside didn't trip. surge protectors burnt up. and I still have no idea what happened.at least the house didn't burn down.

Slow reply but you just had a simple power system over voltage event. Common causes are lightning, power system protection failures and possible incompetence of the person who did the protection design and/or settings at the substation which feeds your suburb.

TRENDING THREADS