• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General complaint thread

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure where to begin. As a forty something divorced guy, renting a room to a friend who is also a forty something divorced guy. I come home tonight to my old Klein Pulse Comp (pre-trek). And I find a flat tire and a destroyed rim from being ridden on flat. Seem Dumas has been ridding my bikes when he goes out with new girlfriends from gym so he is not embarrassed by his bike. Oh well, just out a tire and a rim. Will give the wheel to rebuild to my son he needs more practice under supervision anyway.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
For sure. He broke it, he fixes it.

Susan

If he had money he would not be living with me. He is going back to school to get a nursing degree and is work night security. What he does pay is not enough to cover his impact on the utilities. As an ex-bike shop service manager and a local wheel builder, I either have the parts and access to everything I need at cost. My rant was more about the frustration of coming home and finding the mess unsuspectingly. And the fact that he is trying to give an appearance of something he is not by riding my bikes with women he meets at the gym on my membership card. So that is the discussion I need to have with him. IMO. Feel free to add whatever.

Oh PS, why cant kids of any age figure out if the tire is low on air you are getting a flat????

L29205 said:
If he had money he would not be living with me. He is going back to school to get a nursing degree and is work night security. What he does pay is not enough to cover his impact on the utilities. As an ex-bike shop service manager and a local wheel builder, I either have the parts and access to everything I need at cost. My rant was more about the frustration of coming home and finding the mess unsuspectingly. And the fact that he is trying to give an appearance of something he is not by riding my bikes with women he meets at the gym on my membership card. So that is the discussion I need to have with him. IMO. Feel free to add whatever.

Oh PS, why cant kids of any age figure out if the tire is low on air you are getting a flat????

At least someone is impressed by your bike! Last time I rode my bike to meet a girl she was barely civil, probably thinking I can't afford a car. It didn't seem to matter that it was a beautiful summer morning and I lived maybe 5 minutes away :confused:

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I hate my bank!!!

My bank owes me $2070. The adjustment from the vendor may take up to 5 days to show up in my account. Amazed as the money left the account in less than a day.

Here is the background--Went to physical therapy for my knee. My healthcare doesn't offer physical therapy as often as I want it, so I pay for additional sessions out of pocket. When the receptionist was running my debit card thru her machine to pay for the extra sessions I purchased. She puts the total for approval in manually. She put in $2300.00 not $230.

My bank "made a note of the error" but can't do much more than wait for the credit come thru. Said I should have used a credit card not the debit card tied to the checking account. They can't fix it being tied to the checking account. The total amount of the error is still showing up as taken from my account and it is the end of day 4. Hope for good news on Monday.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Apparently I have gout. In my knee. Doctor gave me a lecture on diet and went through all causes. I do not really eat any of them. Not much red meat, no shell fish, do not drink etc etc.

so apparently bad genes. or i was evil (well more evil) in a previous life. or it is my punishment for being a sky fan.

what it does mean is lots of pain and no bike.

trying to see positive side. must be improving my pain threshold. intervals will seem much easier after this.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've really been looking forward to my 22nd birthday after what has been a miserable 21st year. A few months ago, I was bashed up by 7 drunk ****s which resulted in a couple of broken teeth and also a broken jaw (which I was somehow blissfully unaware of). Things were going fine for a couple of months when I was getting my tooth healed. Around early to mid June (which amazingly around the time of my last examination) the jaw got infected and pus started collected in my chin (ludwig's angina). The chin swelled up from being like an ostrich neck to a triple chin, all this swelling happened in a space of three days and that too after the first day was pretty innocuous. After 3 days it clogged my food pipe and couldn't eat anything for a couple of days (lived on milk). The day after the exam I had an emergency operation and around 100cc of pus were removed (dr's claim). After a successful operation (in which I had a plastic tube 1cm wide inserted in my chin to draw out residual pus) things were looking up only for my voice to go slurry after a couple of days (the jaws did not align properly). They had to tie up my jaw which confined me to a liquid diet for a month, which I discovered is sickening. After a month, I returned to my normal diet and the recovery was complete.

Sept 25th, I had come over to Mumbai to meet my bother who was in transit and surprise, I catch a virus and am unable to sleep and am on a forum at around midnight on what is going to be my 22nd. ****.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
daveinzambia said:
Apparently I have gout. In my knee. Doctor gave me a lecture on diet and went through all causes. I do not really eat any of them. Not much red meat, no shell fish, do not drink etc etc.

so apparently bad genes. or i was evil (well more evil) in a previous life. or it is my punishment for being a sky fan.

what it does mean is lots of pain and no bike.

trying to see positive side. must be improving my pain threshold. intervals will seem much easier after this.

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. Went to an Internist near my house and he gave me the same lecture. Thing is, I don't drink (or didn't back then, anyway), and I don't eat any of the foods he was talking about. He was clueless.

Two doctors and some weeks later, I figured out my problem: an overdose of B vitamins combined with too much Red Bull. I cut out both completely and the problem went away. Just to confirm the correlation, six months later I tried the B vitamins again and the problem began to recur immediately. Doctor isn't always right.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
ramjambunath said:
I've really been looking forward to my 22nd birthday after what has been a miserable 21st year. A few months ago, I was bashed up by 7 drunk ****s which resulted in a couple of broken teeth and also a broken jaw (which I was somehow blissfully unaware of). Things were going fine for a couple of months when I was getting my tooth healed. Around early to mid June (which amazingly around the time of my last examination) the jaw got infected and pus started collected in my chin (ludwig's angina). The chin swelled up from being like an ostrich neck to a triple chin, all this swelling happened in a space of three days and that too after the first day was pretty innocuous. After 3 days it clogged my food pipe and couldn't eat anything for a couple of days (lived on milk). The day after the exam I had an emergency operation and around 100cc of pus were removed (dr's claim). After a successful operation (in which I had a plastic tube 1cm wide inserted in my chin to draw out residual pus) things were looking up only for my voice to go slurry after a couple of days (the jaws did not align properly). They had to tie up my jaw which confined me to a liquid diet for a month, which I discovered is sickening. After a month, I returned to my normal diet and the recovery was complete.

Sept 25th, I had come over to Mumbai to meet my bother who was in transit and surprise, I catch a virus and am unable to sleep and am on a forum at around midnight on what is going to be my 22nd. ****.

Sorry to hear that. I know you're happy to get that behind you! Happy birthday!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
ramjambunath said:

Well happy (belated) birthday anyway :)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ramjambunath said:

you poor *******!:D I feel like giving you a hug though something bad may happen to you if I do that! :p

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
you poor *******!:D I feel like giving you a hug though something bad may happen to you if I do that! :p

Thank goodness you thought better of it, I may have been strangled or broken some ribs:D.
Thanks Maxi and Craig.

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Kitty just threw up again, but at least on the patio and not the rug.

Susan

My cat did the same earlier today... But got the carpet...after cleaning it, realized he has had more incidents like this lately... Old age is not being good to him.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a complaint, when i was a child watching star wars and tommorows world the future was suppossed to be hover cars,personal jet packs and holidays on mars. Instead we get mybebotwitterspacebookface.Im not right happy.

User Guide said:
I have a complaint, when i was a child watching star wars and tommorows world the future was suppossed to be hover cars,personal jet packs and holidays on mars. Instead we get mybebotwitterspacebookface.Im not right happy.

hahaha, well done. social networking sites sometimes looks like the land of the living dead.

TRENDING THREADS