• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General complaint thread

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just stood on the same upturned plug twice in 5 minutes. The 2nd time it penetrated the skin. Why did my girlfriend leave a plug in the middle of the livingroom floor? and why didnt I pick it up after I stood on it the 1st time. I can swear my cat is laughing at me.

Susan Westemeyer said:
That reminds me. We have an electical outlet in the dining room, right at Kitty's face level. Every single time after she eats, she sits next to it, cleans herself and sniffs the outlets. Every single time we yell at her not to do it.

Has this become a ritual or what?

Susan

There complex creatures I don't think I will ever fully understandtmy 2. Sometimes I think.they really care about me then I realise they have just worked out that's the best way to get what they want.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Apparently my work wasn't good enough to meet the expectations of the company I was working for and I was shown the door this morning. I was still in my 3-month trial period so they had the option of letting me go at any stage, likewise I had the option of leaving at any point as well.

The thing that annoys me, is apart from getting my employment terminated is that they could have told me this yesterday afternoon, as I drove to work (which takes me 45 minutes on average), and I was at work for only 30 minutes before I was told to go to the office (which I sort of expected that it wasn't going to be good news) before getting told the bad news before I went home. If they told me this yesterday afternoon I would have saved putting $40 of petrol into my car and a drive up to work and back. At least all my (now former) co-worker's said it was BS that I got the sack and supported me and wished me well, which was nice.

I rang my mum to tell her the bad news and she was more upset than what I was, more with how I got told the news. I guess you win some, and you lose some.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Damn dude sorry to hear that. They build a lot of boats in San Diego if you could hang with crossing the border everyday, I'll give you a place to stay, all you need is................. OK lots of paperwork. Your standard Australian living in Mexico working in USA form. I'm sure it would be all routine:rolleyes:

Mar 16, 2009
krebs303 said:
Water is off. And me with all these wild and crazy ideas like taking a shower and flushing the toilet. I'm a party animal.

52 inch water main broke in TJ.

297972_10150887334935012_507150011_21225838_2099346435_n.jpg

WATER! Flushing was so nice I did it twice.

Mar 16, 2009
It took several tries before it came back on for good:D

November 1 at 8:48am
OK water is back on again. It came on for about 2-3hrs yesterday then went back off till 6am this morning.

Wednesday at 8:08am
OK water is back on again for a few hours. Should come on for good this afternoon or tomorrow morning. After they fixed the broken main they found a leak repaired that. There is some seal that was scheduled to be replaced the end of the month so while the system is down they will replace it today. I was in the middle of a shower when it went off yesterday.

Yesterday at 3:17pm
the water has been on for 36hrs. with the wind and rain the electricity however has gone on and off several times today.

Sorry to hear about that Craig. Keep your chin up.

I am bored to death at my job most days. I'm like the guy in Office Space. LOL! But almost every day something elsewhere reminds me that I'm lucky to even have a job, let alone one in my field that pays okay.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
krebs I can't find any super cool photos of the NYC watershed system but the tunnels are really huge and the tunnels are from@1900 or 1910. It is really amazing.
I am also curious to see photos of this big metal and concrete flume system that I used to take a swim in near Calexico. I rode a couple of time from SD to Phx and a couple of times to Denver via AZ first hugging the border to Mexicali. I wonder how many millions of gallons flow per day in a 52in main

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Sorry to hear about that Craig. Keep your chin up.

I am bored to death at my job most days. I'm like the guy in Office Space. LOL! But almost every day something elsewhere reminds me that I'm lucky to even have a job, let alone one in my field that pays okay.

it is sad to hear how bad the job market is in America. :(

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
krebs303 said:
It took several tries before it came back on for good:D

November 1 at 8:48am
OK water is back on again. It came on for about 2-3hrs yesterday then went back off till 6am this morning.

Wednesday at 8:08am
OK water is back on again for a few hours. Should come on for good this afternoon or tomorrow morning. After they fixed the broken main they found a leak repaired that. There is some seal that was scheduled to be replaced the end of the month so while the system is down they will replace it today. I was in the middle of a shower when it went off yesterday.

Yesterday at 3:17pm
the water has been on for 36hrs. with the wind and rain the electricity however has gone on and off several times today.

water off for several hours a day, no hot water at all, random electricity cuts through out the day. sounds very familiar

TRENDING THREADS