• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General Doping Thread.

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
EroicaStradeBianche said:
Why is the UCI communicating this finding now? 18 months after the control...

Presuming there's a need to monitor subsequent tests following the anomaly to prove that it was indeed an anamoly...
It's because of how it is identified as an anomaly - by comparison with subsequent tests. Then you need to go through the back and forth between UCI and athlete (cf Kreuziger) and only then do you hit the public status stage.

pastronef said:
fmk_RoI said:
EroicaStradeBianche said:
Why is the UCI communicating this finding now? 18 months after the control...
Because it's the ABP, not a test. JTL II.

first poster that writes Movistar doped Roson while at Caja-Rural wins an old Banesto jersey :D
Movistar doped Roson at Caja-Rural. Just like Sky doped JTL at wherever the *** it was they found him.

Do I have to pay for the postage or will you arrange that?

This is actually quite interesting. I'm unsure on how long an anti-doping tester is allowed to wait for someone to show up at their home when it is not a "whereabouts test". Anyone know? I would guess they can sit there all day if they want but they can't refuse to leave private property, They'd have to sit outside and wait.

Re:

King Boonen said:
This is actually quite interesting. I'm unsure on how long an anti-doping tester is allowed to wait for someone to show up at their home when it is not a "whereabouts test". Anyone know? I would guess they can sit there all day if they want but they can't refuse to leave private property, They'd have to sit outside and wait.
From a WADA DCO toolkit (PDF - emphasis added):
If the ADO requests that the DCO attempt to locate the Athlete outside of the 60-minute time-slot, the ADO will provide specific instructions for the DCO to follow during the attempt. This may include requiring the DCO to stay at location for a reasonable amount of time but no less that 30 minutes; proceeding to second specified location for that given day if provided; and continuing this process until all of the relevant specified locations for that Athlete on that day have been visited by the DCO. The attempt(s) made by the DCO outside the designated 60-minute period should also be detailed in writing.

Thanks. So it seems there's no maximum time but they must wait at least 30 minutes. Would be interesting to know the timeline then. The article says the test didn't happen but they don't say if Serena turned up while the tester was there. I'm guessing she didn't.

This was not a test under the whereabouts system - It was a surprise/unannounced test which falls outside the window of the whereabouts system - Surely if the athlete is not at their premises ( which has to be likely ), then you can't just stay at the athletes residence for hours on end - Strange indeed !

Re:

yaco said:
This was not a test under the whereabouts system - It was a surprise/unannounced test which falls outside the window of the whereabouts system - Surely if the athlete is not at their premises ( which has to be likely ), then you can't just stay at the athletes residence for hours on end - Strange indeed !
I do wish that you would bother to educate youself before chucking in your two cents. You don't appear to understand the rules, again.

Re:

King Boonen said:
Thanks. So it seems there's no maximum time but they must wait at least 30 minutes. Would be interesting to know the timeline then. The article says the test didn't happen but they don't say if Serena turned up while the tester was there. I'm guessing she didn't.
Best-case scenario here (for USADA) is that there was an eleventh hour whereabouts change which the DCO was ignorant of (or some other 'blame the DCO excuse). Otherwise, USADA should be arguing filing violation (wrong info, strike one of three) which the athlete can obvs appeal and is not revealed publicy. Or USADA can argue she was avoiding a test (whatever the baseball terminology for *** is).

fmk_RoI said:
yaco said:
I do wish that you would bother to educate youself before chucking in your two cents. You don't appear to understand the rules, again.

My post was in reference to article/s which stated it was an unannounced test - In other words not under the whereabouts system - Now if the author's are wrong please inform them.