• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General Doping Thread.

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Frantically googling 'Letrozole', as he is denying all knowledge, I'm interested to see the route he goes down with this one.

Letrozole is a potent aromatase inhibitor licensed for use in women with breast cancer. It is also used by body builders for reduction of gynecomastia when taking anabolic steroids.

No. See the translation in my previous comment. The website clearly states that these theories come from the RUSADA hearing, which took place on February 9, the day after the positive case was announced - https://dossier.center/kamila/

As far as I know, there is no public information about the CAS hearing, what was said and what Valieva's lawyer argued there.
Could be, WADA states no scenario for contamination was given in their application though.

If Errati got away with her mother's diuretic pills falling in her Tortelli while the mother was making them everything is possible.
My grandfathers medicine fell into my Borshtsh, now that would be a proper excuse.
Jokes aside, the whole thing is just messed up.
Considering Toon Aerts has just tested positive for the same drug as Errani I’m going to ask if you can predict the lottery numbers for me please.

Ah, ok, good to know—I wasn’t aware of that.
I think they’re desperate to keep the news cycle going, so they’ve gone with something no one had really mentioned and tried to make a big deal out of it. Neither is banned and while I can’t comment on hypoxen, carnitine is an extremely common supplement most athletes have probably used at one time or another.

I think they’re desperate to keep the news cycle going, so they’ve gone with something no one had really mentioned and tried to make a big deal out of it. Neither is banned and while I can’t comment on hypoxen, carnitine is an extremely common supplement most athletes have probably used at one time or another.
Good points—they certainly sucked me in! It doesn’t help that I’m looking for engagement that keeps me from focusing on my work today :(

Could be, WADA states no scenario for contamination was given in their application though.

Is that what you are referring to? Since it says there was no specific scenario.

XdRwxZT.jpg

Her lawyer only listed different wild theories, so it's a correct statement in the WADA application.

"There could be absolutely different ways how it [trimetazidine] got into [Valieva's body]," said lawyer Kozmenko. - For example, her grandfather drank something from a glass, some saliva got into it, and the glass was somehow used by the athlete afterwards. Or the medication was placed on a surface, traces were left, then the medication was placed on this surface, which the athlete then drank.

Reactions: King Boonen
I’ve commented several times on this forum about how ridiculous the NFL and NBA with obvious PED use and so little testing and penalties. But because they’re not even trying to address the issue, there’s nothing to analyze or debate. It’s in the sports where there ARE attempts to restrict doping that these arguments/debates come up.
Nothing screams "cleans" like a 290 lb. guy running a 4 second 40 yard dash.

Reactions: glassmoon
Frantically googling 'Letrozole', as he is denying all knowledge, I'm interested to see the route he goes down with this one.

Letrozole is a potent aromatase inhibitor licensed for use in women with breast cancer. It is also used by body builders for reduction of gynecomastia when taking anabolic steroids.

That's not a drug you would accidentally ingest, let's put it that way.

Aerts is, I think, the biggest star popped in the men's peloton in a while, no? On a side note, CX seems particularly ripe for PEDs.

Regarding Toon Aerts, two weeks before worlds, someone who has been always a contender for the podium but far away from dominators like WVA and MVP and suddenly sees them not going, giving him a chance he could not have again, and with him, Iserbyt and Pidcock being more closer in terms of odds, looking for that extra % is much more plausible than some lame excuse he could find.

TRENDING THREADS