• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 320 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BigMac said:
The white is probably because it simbolizes not only peace but also inocence. It makes sence since it were children on that bus.

My mother puts white roses on my sister's grave who died only aged 3.

Oh. I see.

HSNHSN said:
It answered the question by RedheadDane on the previous page. Where he already admits that it might be somewhat off-topic, even. It sounds like it deserves a place here, as long as we move on to cycling now that we all know the tragedy that took place.

Actually, it didn't really, BigMac answered my question.
I knew it was because of the bus tragedy, just wondered if there was a special Colombian significance to those white flowers
BTW, I'm a she...

Parrulo said:
Why does it deserve a place here? I believe there is a general news topic on the café section. This topic is for General road racing cycling news.

Sorry...

The Hitch said:
Its a continuation of the discussion about why Colombian riders were wearing the flowers. Michele was not initiating a new discussion but contributing to a slight digression.

Yes its not cycling, but its spawning off a discussion about cycling, no harm really.

I'm grateful it came up becuase I didn't know about the tragedy, and now I do. Very sad.

Damn, that is sad :(
Sorry for your loss.

Thanks Hitch, It was before I was born though.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Guybrush said:
4-72 Colombia and Team Stölting will move up to Pro Conti ranks in 2015

amazing news. they were pct as colombia es passion and unlike coldeporte3s they have an AMAZING trainer in saldarriaga. I hope within 2 or 3 years they will d a gt with rtheir current selection of young riders. their 1995 generation is especially amazing

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Very good news.

I've heard that both Austrian continental Team Gourmetfein Simplon Wels and Irish continental An Post - Chainreaction want to also move up to Pro Conti in 2015. I'm interested to see how all the rankings work out and how UCI decides who fits where in terms of divisions next year since lots of teams are looking to move up to either Pro Conti or WT for that matter.

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Guybrush said:
4-72 Colombia and Team Stölting will move up to Pro Conti ranks in 2015

I've heard that both Austrian continental Team Gourmetfein Simplon Wels and Irish continental An Post - Chainreaction want to also move up to Pro Conti in 2015. I'm interested to see how all the rankings work out and how UCI decides who fits where in terms of divisions next year since lots of teams are looking to move up to either Pro Conti or WT for that matter.

Tour 2015 is going to have major echelons early on

BoZvyQfIEAAczxR.jpg

if there's even a hint of wind on the 2nd day....

Libertine Seguros said:
omg! A Prologue! Thank christ! I thought they were extinct thanks to race organisers' love affair with the awful affront to fair competition that is the TTT.

What's wrong with TTTs?
Also, it's been 43 years since the Tour last started with a TTT, so not exactly something which happens all the time.
(What they do in other races doesn't exactly have anything to do with the Tour.)

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Looking forward to seeing what they categorise to give out the mountain jersey on that second stage though.

That sounds like a hopeless affair. As far as I know, there's hardly anything around that stage that would even classify as a minor hill. Maybe they'll decide some bridge deserves the status of a cat4 hill?

RedheadDane said:
What's wrong with TTTs?
Also, it's been 43 years since the Tour last started with a TTT, so not exactly something which happens all the time.
(What they do in other races doesn't exactly have anything to do with the Tour.)

TTTs belong on the track, and the sooner they go back there, in the events where, you know, the TEAM wins rather than the individual, and give us a fair competition in the road events, the better.

I've only started paying close attention to the sport again in the last month or so, so I'm admittedly behind on some (apparently) big stories. In the piece about a Formula 1 driver trying to get a ProTour team together for 2015 that was just posted on the main CyclingNews site, I read this line...

...Alonso's title sponsor from the United Arab Emirates may have doubts about backing the team because of the complex UCI WorldTour application process, and the radical overall of professional cycling expected for 2017...

...and scratched my head. I mean, I know they presumably mean "overhaul" instead of "overall," but what exactly are they talking about? What's the big overhaul due in 2017?

Edited to add: Ah, never mind. I did some searching of old news articles and found out about sixteen 1A teams and 1B teams and so on. All as clear as mud to me from a cursory reading, but now I know more than I did before!

TRENDING THREADS