• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 523 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Itzulia... I think the last climb on stage 5 is this from the looks of things:
Elorriaga.png

(only the green bit)

If I'm right, penultimate climb is probably the first 1300m of this:
arra%C3%B1o73.gif

While this is the main climb of stage 4:
PenasNegrasAsturiana.gif

Dauphiné: I don't like the pacing (feel like it'll be just the TT and the last weekend) but I really like the mountain stages.

Dauphiné: I don't like the pacing (feel like it'll be just the TT and the last weekend) but I really like the mountain stages.

yep, what I already mentioned. I takes awhile before the race really awakes. You have to wait for the TT for first GC action and than again 2 medium mountain stages with some, but limited GC action. So, it's mostly the pacing that's not could. Stage 3 and 5 flipped around for example, would already improve the pacing.

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
Itzulia... I think the last climb on stage 5 is this from the looks of things:
Elorriaga.png

(only the green bit)

If I'm right, penultimate climb is probably the first 1300m of this:
arra%C3%B1o73.gif

While this is the main climb of stage 4:
PenasNegrasAsturiana.gif

That's actually what I tried to say. Thanks for diving into the details, Libertine Seguros. On the profile the climbs of stage 3 and 5 looks small and unimportant. But as expected they are the typical steep bask walls. So, maybe time differences in stage 3-4-5 will be not so extreme, but they will have a significant effect on the final GC, as it looks really difficult to arrive solo in the queen stage.

I haven't watched a whole lot of Zwift racing, but I definitely didn't expect the "cameras" to miss the finish. Anywho, Adegeest was clearly the strongest among the women yet again.

The Danes played it perfectly in the men's race, where Bjørn Borreby Andreassen broke away early in the final, and Jason Osborne wasn't able catch him in the end. Similar to the Danish team in the Euro 1992, Andreassen had not originally qualified for the tournament, but was given the spot when another rider got disqualified.

Here are all the Jumbo riders on the provisional startlist for Omloop Het Volk, followed by their amount of race days in 2023:
Tiesj Benoot (0)
Edoardo Affini (0)
Christophe Laporte (0)
Jan Tratnik (0)
Dylan van Baarle (0)
Mick van Dijke (0)
Nathan Van Hooydonck (0)

Being a rider on Jumbo has to be the most boring tihs on the planet.
Perhaps they are just being traditionalists and following the old calendar in which Omloop/ Het Volk was the first race of the season ;)

Here are all the Jumbo riders on the provisional startlist for Omloop Het Volk, followed by their amount of race days in 2023:
Tiesj Benoot (0)
Edoardo Affini (0)
Christophe Laporte (0)
Jan Tratnik (0)
Dylan van Baarle (0)
Mick van Dijke (0)
Nathan Van Hooydonck (0)

Being a rider on Jumbo has to be the most boring tihs on the planet.

Het Volk, lol. I didn't think people were still pushing that name.

But quite an interesting stat. Maybe they won't relegate after all?

• Haha
Sorry now I'm sad about that time we were debating whether to build a huge mountain from scratch which never happened because it was actually ludicrous

Is it?

TRENDING THREADS