• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 558 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
juRIS1G.png

With the chances of a wet Ronde disappearing at the horizons, let us start the road of copium and hopium once more.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Do we have any news on the Paris-Roubaix course? A few years ago there were articles and fb posts by Amis de Roubaix, that the new to be build sector Willems à Château d'Hem would be ready this year. On the map you can see the sector 2 of the race, which has ***. They want to put asphalt on it. And for that there would be a new one.

12022485_898503853537581_6206027107222817536_o.jpg

Still no sign of the mythical new sector. Has the plan been abandoned?

The route of the Österreich Rundfahrt (still refusing to use the English name as the official one) has been revealed
2. JuliPrologSt. Pölten (3 km)
3. Juli1. EtappeBad Tatzmannsdorf - Bad Tatzmannsdorf (174,9 km)
4. Juli2. EtappeMaria Taferl - Steyr (179 km)
5. Juli3. EtappeSchladming - St. Johann/Alpendorf (153,1 km)
6. Juli4. EtappeSt. Johann/Alpendorf - Kals (151,5 km)
7. Juli5. EtappeKufstein - Kühtai (143,8 km)

The official stage profiles:
prolog-24diagramm.jpg

etappe1-24diagramm.jpg

etappe2-24diagramm.jpg

Once again the Steyr stage features the Porscheberg near the final.
etappe3-24diagramm.jpg

The Alpendorf upill finish. The biggest climb of the day is the Dietner Sattel
DientnerE.gif

The Penultimate stage features the Glockner from North.
etappe4-24diagramm.jpg

Imo a finish in Lienz after the Islsbergpass would have been better, but whatever. The final climb is the one where MAL won ahead of Pinot in the TotA 2 years ago.
etappe5-24diagramm.jpg

The penultimate climb goes up to Igls, but the big climb of the day is the Kühtai Sattel
KuhtaiE.gif

That one km is actually 12.9% on average. I've done this climb multiple times when I still lived in Innsbruck.

Overall clearly an improvement from last year, Konrad Senior made an acceptable route.

The route of the Österreich Rundfahrt (still refusing to use the English name as the official one) has been revealed

prolog-24diagramm.jpg

etappe1-24diagramm.jpg

etappe2-24diagramm.jpg

etappe3-24diagramm.jpg

DientnerE.gif

etappe4-24diagramm.jpg

Imo a finish in Lienz after the Islsbergpass would have been better, but whatever. The final climb is the one where MAL won ahead of Pinot in the TotA 2 years ago.
etappe5-24diagramm.jpg

The penultimate climb goes up to Igls, but the big climb of the day is the Kühtai Sattel
KuhtaiE.gif

That one km is actually 12.9% on average. I've done this climb multiple times when I still lived in Innsbruck.

Overall clearly an improvement from last year, Konrad Senior made an acceptable route.
Beautiful profile for the prologue, looking like a real Tappone.

prolog-24diagramm.jpg

etappe1-24diagramm.jpg

etappe2-24diagramm.jpg

etappe3-24diagramm.jpg

DientnerE.gif

etappe4-24diagramm.jpg

etappe5-24diagramm.jpg

KuhtaiE.gif

It's alright, but I would have prefered an easier mountain stage on the last day. Oh well, it's not like it matters that much in a race this small.

Reactions: Mayomaniac
Alexei Tsatevich has passed away for undisclosed reasons. He was just 34 years old.

Former pro for several seasons with Katusha and also with Gazprom, he was a winner of Le Samyn (with a different finish back then) and the Montjuic stage on 2016 Volta Catalunya, defeating none other than Primoz Roglic.

As many countrymates, he was a brilliant prospect for hilly and reduced bunch sprints that did not live up to expectations.

Rest in Peace.

Alexei Tsatevich has passed away for undisclosed reasons. He was just 34 years old.

Former pro for several seasons with Katusha and also with Gazprom, he was a winner of Le Samyn (with a different finish back then) and the Montjuic stage on 2016 Volta Catalunya, defeating none other than Primoz Roglic.

As many countrymates, he was a brilliant prospect for hilly and reduced bunch sprints that did not live up to expectations.

Rest in Peace.
Read he was in the Russian Army. May have died in Ukraine.

Meanwhile, Tour de Romandie route is out.

Guess what? Red Rick not likey

2km meme prologue, usual short hilly ITT, and this time 2 weak MTFs

Marecottes.gif

Leysin.gif

Leysin is climbed to about 3km from the top. The only hard climb that is 9km 9% is pointlessly placed at near the start of the stage. Finally, there's everyone's favorite thing. Romandie sprint stages. Yay.

To top it all off with my signature sunny disposition, the fight for the win is gonna be an absolute cracker with Ayuso racing and bringing by far the strongest team in the race.

Meanwhile, Tour de Romandie route is out.

Guess what? Red Rick not likey

2km meme prologue, usual short hilly ITT, and this time 2 weak MTFs

Marecottes.gif

Leysin.gif

Leysin is climbed to about 3km from the top. The only hard climb that is 9km 9% is pointlessly placed at near the start of the stage. Finally, there's everyone's favorite thing. Romandie sprint stages. Yay.

To top it all off with my signature sunny disposition, the fight for the win is gonna be an absolute cracker with Ayuso racing and bringing by far the strongest team in the race.
Would you complain about a route you designed yourself?

British Cycling are gearing (sorry, not sorry) up for an announcement tomorrow 15th, at 5pm about the Tour(s) of Britain, though I can't help note the Women's Tour of Britain is absent on the UCI calendar again, if you can find it that is, which probably means it's still there but they've just lost the will to update the mess of a site they've got now.

• Wow