General News Thread

Page 59 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 18, 2010
882
0
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I think Quinziato is deluded.
A team that did nothing in the cobbles this year + 2 riders whom did nothing is clearly the team to beat.
Idem. Bunch of second division players.
 
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I think Quinziato is deluded.
A team that did nothing in the cobbles this year + 2 riders whom did nothing is clearly the team to beat.
Well, theit team is not bad on paper if they all performed at the best of their ability but based on what we have seen the last couple of years from these riders it could perhaps be said that some of them are passed their prime.

It's also not clear which rider they could possibly ride collectively for. If one of them steps up and can be up there with the strongest riders then I think the team itself is very solid as support but as stated they would need someone to step up as a leader to support. Perhaps Ballan can get back to some old form.

On paper I think they are one of the top 5-6 strongest teams as is.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!


I am longing for next season to start as that is when the mighty BMC will start pouring on the wins which they didn't get last year.
Who from BMC should pull off the great wins? Indeed BMC is looking good and deep in strength next season, but it's not exactly proven winners.

Quinziato a winner? A guy whos best placing the last two years has been fourth?

Hincapie? Has one victory in the same span, the American Championship.

Burghardt? He's shown no development in the classics the last couple of seasons. Should focus on stages, like he did in Switzerland this year.

Kristoff? The ever-so-ACF94-hyped sprinter?

BMC's best cards must be Ballan and Kroon, but both their new "conditions" are rather unknown after a year without results for various reasons.

Granted, BMC looks great on paper to be competitive, but the big victory feast has a loooong way to go IMO.
 
Sep 24, 2009
80
0
0
tgsgirl said:
Idem. Bunch of second division players.
true, I'm seeing a lot of riders who didn't show themselves in the classics last years and who risk being added to the "too old to still make it" or the "just seeming to lack that little bit of extra punch"-group...

I'm curious to see what van avermaet will do though, failed to live up to the expectations in the classics but had a very good end of the season with a very good vuelta working for gilbert and a good WC. A boy that was predicted a golden future a few years ago but who will have to show something next season if he doesn't want to end up as a superdomestique instead of a leader..
 
auscyclefan94 said:
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!


I am longing for next season to start as that is when the mighty BMC will start pouring on the wins which they didn't get last year.
Your faith in BMC is touching, considering what you were saying about them last year when someone (blackcat?) revealed that evans would be joining the team.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
1
0
zapata said:
Your faith in BMC is touching, considering what you were saying about them last year when someone (blackcat?) revealed that evans would be joining the team.
Well who would of really thought cadel would of gone there? I saw the light and now I am a big fan of them. A big portion of my support of them is because of CE but there are some other reasons I do support them.
cobblehead said:
I'm curious to see what van avermaet will do though, failed to live up to the expectations in the classics but had a very good end of the season with a very good vuelta working for gilbert and a very good WC. A boy that was predicted a golden future a few years ago but who will have to show something next season if he doesn't want to end up as a superdomestique instead of a leader..
I hope he has a go at Amstel Gold race. I think he has a good shot there with his strong sprint and power on the shorter rolling climbs.
Kazistuta said:
Who from BMC should pull off the great wins? Indeed BMC is looking good and deep in strength next season, but it's not exactly proven winners.

Quinziato a winner? A guy whos best placing the last two years has been fourth?

Hincapie? Has one victory in the same span, the American Championship.

Burghardt? He's shown no development in the classics the last couple of seasons. Should focus on stages, like he did in Switzerland this year.

Kristoff? The ever-so-ACF94-hyped sprinter?

BMC's best cards must be Ballan and Kroon, but both their new "conditions" are rather unknown after a year without results for various reasons.

Granted, BMC looks great on paper to be competitive, but the big victory feast has a loooong way to go IMO.
You are a glass half empty person when looking at BMC! In quinziato's first two attempts at PR he got 13th and 9th. Been held back by pozzato.

Hincapie will always be up there in the cobbled classics.

I agree Burghardt needs to start peforming...

Need to give kristoff a break. He will be very good but needs a bit of support.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
You are a glass half empty person when looking at BMC! In quinziato's first two attempts at PR he got 13th and 9th. Been held back by pozzato.

Hincapie will always be up there in the cobbled classics.

I agree Burghardt needs to start peforming...

Need to give kristoff a break. He will be very good but needs a bit of support.
Well, someone has to push the "realism pedal" on BMC once in a while ;)

Please note that I don't neglect the quality of the classics part of BMC, but it does lack a pure winner.

Quinziato only drove with Pozzato in 2008, and this season has been one disappointment after another. I had high hopes for him this year, but he's been practically invisible.

Hincapie is rock solid, but his time in the front seems over. The neverending runner-up is old and not Museeuw/Van Petegem old. Capitain De Route seems appropiate at most.

I will give Kristoff a rest when you stop over-hyping him, okay? You seem to destine him for Cavendish-like stardom, but he might end up like Ivan Quaranta instead:)

Fun fact: I actually had Kroon, Burghardt and Quinziato on my team in a fantasy manager game this season (and Timothy Roe) - next year I'll only have Kroon & Roe (and my new addition Ballan). So it's not like I don't appreciate the riders on BMC....
 
Jul 14, 2009
2,498
0
0
ISDfan said:
Lampre-ISD bike for next season : Wilier Cento Uno SL .
which is it? yes or no to racism to get this bike hurry and get back to me I am flexible..That seat mast is stupendous
 
The chicken is back in da house!


http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/505744/rasmussen-to-join-saxo-bank-a-danish-dream.html


Dane Michael Rasmussen is reportedly close to joining his country's top team, Saxo Bank. Team Manager Bjarne Riis launches his autobiography on Sunday in Copenhagen, but his mind is on filling the gap that Alberto Contador may leave.

Rasmussen has not raced for a top team since Rabobank forced him to abandon the 2007 Tour de France while wearing the yellow jersey. During the race, the Danish cycling federation and the International Cycling Union (UCI) showed that he missed out-of-competition anti-doping controls. After a two-year ban, Rasmussen made his comeback with second division, Italian team Miche.
 
Aug 27, 2010
970
0
0
thehog said:
The chicken is back in da house!


http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/505744/rasmussen-to-join-saxo-bank-a-danish-dream.html


Dane Michael Rasmussen is reportedly close to joining his country's top team, Saxo Bank. Team Manager Bjarne Riis launches his autobiography on Sunday in Copenhagen, but his mind is on filling the gap that Alberto Contador may leave.

Rasmussen has not raced for a top team since Rabobank forced him to abandon the 2007 Tour de France while wearing the yellow jersey. During the race, the Danish cycling federation and the International Cycling Union (UCI) showed that he missed out-of-competition anti-doping controls. After a two-year ban, Rasmussen made his comeback with second division, Italian team Miche.
Now excuse me, but I need to nag a bit.

Hog, do you EVER read the previous lets say 5-10 posts before posting yourself? That article is like all the others floating around the past day based on an italian article posted here yesterday. Nothing new about it, and we won't know how much of a crazy roumer it is until Riis' bookrelease.
 
Ney the Viking said:
Now excuse me, but I need to nag a bit.

Hog, do you EVER read the previous lets say 5-10 posts before posting yourself? That article is like all the others floating around the past day based on an italian article posted here yesterday. Nothing new about it, and we won't know how much of a crazy roumer it is until Riis' bookrelease.
Stop wasting my time.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
So the hog arguably wastes on post putting up something already posted, while you guys waste 3 posts telling him that hes double posted..

grow up all of you.
 
Mar 11, 2009
5,841
3
0
TeamSkyFans said:
grow up all of you.
Says the man who stormed off the forums in a huff because people don't like Brad Wiggins?

Man, I am in a BlTCHY mood this afternoon
 
Aug 27, 2010
970
0
0
TeamSkyFans said:
So the hog arguably wastes on post putting up something already posted, while you guys waste 3 posts telling him that hes double posted..

grow up all of you.
What annoyed me was the post itself almost stating for a fact that Rasmussen is joining SBS when the cited source is not the original source of the roumor and when the original source has already been discussed with the conclusion that nothing at all is a fact other than Riis will have a book presentation soon.

But if TheHog is happy with that kind of rumor postings then fine, I think the rest of us should just be aware of the seriosity of them ;)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Jamsque said:
Says the man who stormed off the forums in a huff because people don't like Brad Wiggins?

Man, I am in a BlTCHY mood this afternoon
Actually that wasnt the reason. It was constant incidents like the above that put me off visiting here. Now ive learnt to a) ignore it b) ignore it or c) act with a modicum of dignity. (part of the reason for using the website addy as my nickname, it forces me into acting with a vague degree of maturity)..

Anyway.

Rasmusson rumours been going on for the last few months. Will believe it when I see it. (and i think we all know to take Hogs posts with the proverbial pinch of salt from time to time - but at the same time, he takes the trouble to post, the forum would be much quieter if people didnt bother)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY