• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
cobblehead said:
according to the local newspaper here they finished outside the time limit...

interview with gilbert on sporza in which he says he's gonna try and win another classic before the season ends. Paris-Tours will be difficult with the jetlag but lombardia will aparantly be his next big goal...

gotta love the guy...

I wouldn't put it past him. He was climbing well in melb. I tip him to take lombardia

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Robert Gesink will not participate in the Giro di Lombardia. His father had a mountainbike accident, he's in the hospital now, and apparently severely injured as Gesink has immediately decided to fly back to Holland.

Sad news. Hope he is alright. Sadly for gesink he was a good chance in lombardy but something like this obviously takes priority.

theyoungest said:
Robert Gesink will not participate in the Giro di Lombardia. His father had a mountainbike accident, he's in the hospital now, and apparently severely injured as Gesink has immediately decided to fly back to Holland.

Pfffffff... that family is cursed when riding on a bike.
Now Lombardia is already ruined, since whoever wins I'll always be wondering 'what if' :(

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Pfffffff... that family is cursed when riding on a bike.
Now Lombardia is already ruined, since whoever wins I'll always be wondering 'what if' :(

I like your honesty, no concern for the father it's just ruined the race for you! :p

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Machu Picchu said:
Yes, he did used to complete in his teens, but is this move really permanent or just a hiatus from cycling ?_?

He has not completely ruled out cycling, but my guess is that it is permanent.

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess they hope this will help towards the license for next year but I really don't think the Giro helps Sastre, perhaps Menchov wasn't going to do it....so Sastre rides all three and Menchov does what? Tour-Vuelta, just Tour or Giro-Tour.