• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Paul is dead. RIP

oktopus-16733880__MBQF-1277809700,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Ich schau mich um und seh nur Ruinen,
vielleicht liegt es daran, da mir irgendetwas fehlt.
Ich warte darauf, da du auf mich zukommst,
vielleicht merk ich dann, da es auch anders geht.

Dann stehst du neben mir und wir flippern zusammen,
Paul ist tot, kein Freispiel drin.
Der Fernseher luft, tot und stumm,
und ich warte auf die Frage, die Frage "Wohin, wohin?"

Was ich haben will, das krieg ich nicht,
und was ich kriegen kann, das gefällt mir nicht.

Ich traue mich nicht laut zu denken,
ich zögere nur und dreh mich schnell um.
Es ist zu spät, das Glas ist leer.
Du gehst mit dem Kellner, und ich weiß genau warum.

Ich will nicht was ich seh,
ich will was ich erträume,
ich bin mir nicht sicher,
ob ich mit dir nicht etwas versäume.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Amets Txurruka has donated his bike and 250 euros to the victims of Typhoon Megi. Euskaltel have since multiplied by 10 Txurruka's donation, bringing it to 2500 euros. What a champ.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Guldhammer to ride for Concordia confirmed (Tweet)

Hi!

More news from "Team Concordia Forsikring - Himmerland".
Three new riders:

Ricky Enø Jørgensen (Glud & Marstrand - LRØ Rådgivning)
Andreas Frisch (Team Energi Fyn)
Rasmus Guldhammer (Team HTC Columbia)

Best regards

Mogens Kristensen

SoloMono

BANNED
Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
UCI deadline for Europe Nov 10.

9 continental teams for Germany in 2011

OLD
- Thüringer Energie Team
- Nutrixxion Sparkasse
- LKT Team-Brandenburg
- Team Seven Stones
- Team Heizomat
- Eddy Merckx-Indeland (ex- Kuota-Indeland)

NEW
- Team RAIKO: new CT from Nordrhein-Westfalen, with riders like: Belka, Tolles and Arne Hassink

- PB Sport Racing: former pro team Öschelbronn going up for a CT-licene again, many old pros in the team like: Sven Krauss, Volker Ordowski and Christoph Meschenmoser

- Team NSP: new CT from Baden-Wurtemberg, linked to Ullrich and Ghost Junior Team with riders like Mario Vogt, Bjorn Thurau, Rene Obst, Zabel jr. and many more.

(RSN)

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
TdF 2012 will start in Liege, with a prologue.
1.Liege-Liege
2.Liege-Seraing
3.Visé - Tournai

2004 TdF did also start in Liege...

If it was up to me, the stage would contain a mixture of Fleche Wallonne and L-B-L, with the finish on the Muur de Huy, and the next day they ride over the cobble stones. Should be entertaining enough.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
“In cycling, only the Tour de France counts. I would like to bring in a stage win there and ride into the top ten.” - Tony martin

Odd comment...

Then we had Yoann "we're not surprised about Contador" Offredo said last week, or the week before, that the Classics > the Tour de France.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Quinziato told Cyclingnews that, with his arrival and also the signing of Belgian finisseur Greg Van Avermaet from Omega Pharma Lotto, BMC's line-up will be the most formidable in the peloton at next year's cobbled Classics. "If you add us two to Marcus Burghardt, Karsten Kroon, George Hincapie and Alessandro Ballan, I think that, collectively, we're stronger than anyone," he explained.

I think Quinziato is deluded.
A team that did nothing in the cobbles this year + 2 riders whom did nothing is clearly the team to beat.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
A team that did nothing in the cobbles this year + 2 riders whom did nothing is clearly the team to beat.

Perhaps a tiny bit harsh on Burghardt (two consecutive stages of the Tour de Suisse), but everything else he says is just a lot of hot air, isn't it? He himself was almost invisible this year. ;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!

I am longing for next season to start as that is when the mighty BMC will start pouring on the wins which they didn't get last year.

TRENDING THREADS