General News Thread

Page 74 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
3,171
0
0
event_vuelta.gif


Teams for Vuelta a Andalucía

Saur-Sojasun (Casper), Movistar, KTM-Murcia, Euskaltel-Euskadi (S. Sánchez), Sky (Urán, Rogers), Vacansoleil-DCM (Mosquera), Rabobank (Freire), Omega Pharma-Lotto (Van den Broeck), Katusha (Karpets), Leopard-Trek (Schleck bros.), RadioShack (Zubeldia, Brajkovic), Andalucía-Caja Granada, Skil-Shimano, Team NetApp, Geox-TMC, Caja Rural, Orbea CT.
 
Aug 18, 2009
4,993
1
0
DAOTEC said:
event_vuelta.gif


Teams for Vuelta a Andalucía

Saur-Sojasun (Casper), Movistar, KTM-Murcia, Euskaltel-Euskadi (S. Sánchez), Sky (Urán, Rogers), Vacansoleil-DCM (Mosquera), Rabobank (Freire), Omega Pharma-Lotto (Van den Broeck), Katusha (Karpets), Leopard-Trek (Schleck bros.), RadioShack (Zubeldia, Brajkovic), Andalucía-Caja Granada, Skil-Shimano, Team NetApp, Geox-TMC, Caja Rural, Orbea CT.

Phew. Geox in.
 

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
3,171
0
0
taiwan said:
Phew. Geox in.

I hope for you them put on a show cause there will be more teams eager for a win >

Feb 15 → Seven World Tour Teams still without a victory.
Rabobank in the Tour of Oman won their third ticket of the season with Theo Bos. Garmin-Cervélo is on top of the game. In both 2009 and 2010 was Belgium's Omega Pharma-Lotto for the longest time waiting for their first victory. Despite them strengthening with German sprinter André Greipel, who last year was King wolverene with 21 victories, is the team with six other teams yet still empty-handed.

-1) Garmin-Cervélo 8
-2) HTC-High Road 4
-3) MoviStar 3
-4) Vacansoleil-DCM 3
-5) Rabobank 3
-6) Ag2R-La Mondiale 2
-7) Lampre-ISD 2
-8) Liquigas-Cannondale 2
-9) Sky Pro Cycling2
10) Radio Shack 2
11) Quickstep-Innergetic 1
12) Omega Pharma-Lotto 0
13) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0
14) Astana 0
15) Leopard-Trek 0
16) Katusha 0
17) Saxo Bank-Sungard 0
18) BMC 0
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
DAOTEC said:
I hope for you them put on a show cause there will be more teams eager for a win >

Feb 15 → Seven World Tour Teams still without a victory.
Rabobank in the Tour of Oman won their third ticket of the season with Theo Bos. Garmin-Cervélo is on top of the game. In both 2009 and 2010 was Belgium's Omega Pharma-Lotto for the longest time waiting for their first victory. Despite them strengthening with German sprinter André Greipel, who last year was King wolverene with 21 victories, is the team with six other teams yet still empty-handed.

-1) Garmin-Cervélo 8
-2) HTC-High Road 4
-3) MoviStar 3
-4) Vacansoleil-DCM 3
-5) Rabobank 3
-6) Ag2R-La Mondiale 2
-7) Lampre-ISD 2
-8) Liquigas-Cannondale 2
-9) Sky Pro Cycling2
10) Radio Shack 2
11) Quickstep-Innergetic 1
12) Omega Pharma-Lotto 0
13) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0
14) Astana 0
15) Leopard-Trek 0
16) Katusha 0
17) Saxo Bank-Sungard 0
18) BMC 0

:eek::eek: asif !!!!
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
DAOTEC said:
I hope for you them put on a show cause there will be more teams eager for a win >

Feb 15 → Seven World Tour Teams still without a victory.
Rabobank in the Tour of Oman won their third ticket of the season with Theo Bos. Garmin-Cervélo is on top of the game. In both 2009 and 2010 was Belgium's Omega Pharma-Lotto for the longest time waiting for their first victory. Despite them strengthening with German sprinter André Greipel, who last year was King wolverene with 21 victories, is the team with six other teams yet still empty-handed.

1) Garmin-Cervélo 8
2) HTC-High Road 4
3) MoviStar 3
3) Vacansoleil-DCM 3
3) Rabobank 3
6) Ag2R-La Mondiale 2
6) Lampre-ISD 2
6) Liquigas-Cannondale 2
6) Sky Pro Cycling2
6) Radio Shack 2
11) Quickstep-Innergetic 1
12) Omega Pharma-Lotto 0
12) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0
12) Astana 0
12) Leopard-Trek 0
12) Katusha 0
12) Saxo Bank-Sungard 0
12) BMC 0

it is all good and well to have 8 wins now but if you can't win when it really counts in the season then who really cares?

It is funny how posters don't rate teams and their riders yet they get stuck into them when they don't win.

Expert trolling by Timmy.
 
auscyclefan94 said:
it is all good and well to have 8 wins now but if you can't win when it really counts in the season then who really cares?

It is funny how posters don't rate teams and their riders yet they get stuck into them when they don't win.

Expert trolling by Timmy.
Wouldn't it be more painful to you when people say "well, BMC haven't won, but then again, who really expected them to?"
 
Mar 13, 2009
5,245
2
0
Just realized LEOPARD TREK is sending a team to the Quiznos Pro Challenge in August. It looks like a pretty cool race; snd they have a really nice video on the website.

I wonder what this "highest altitude any cyclist has ever endured" means?
 
Christian said:
I wonder what this "highest altitude any cyclist has ever endured" means?

They mention 12 000 feet on their site.

I'm not used to measuring altitude in feet, but an online conversion calculator tells me that's 3657m.

Pretty damn high.

Some climbs in the Tour of Qinghai Lake go above that figure, but I'd be very surprised if the altitude of the QPC is a nice, round 12 000 feet - so they may have a claim to the highest altitude a cyclist has endured within a high level pro race (subject to Ryo giving us details of climbs used in Chile, Bolivia, Peru or Colombia of course, as I wouldn't be at all surprised if they top out at more).

Quiznos Pro Challenge said:
Never before have professional cyclists had to endure a course this difficult
This made me laugh though.
 
Mar 13, 2009
5,245
2
0
Andy Schleck - driver's license taken away by police?

According to Luxembourg's weekly satirical newspaper "Den neie Feierkrop", Andy Schleck had to hand in his driver's license on February 11th, shortly before midnight in Hesperange. He had been stopped by a speed control of the police (in his car, not on his bike).

Den Neie Feierkrop is comparable to French satirical newspaper "Le Canard Enchainé", and even though their articles are humorous and satirical, their informations are usually accurate. Unfortunately I couldn't find the article online, maybe it'll be online next week. It was in their latest issue from 25/02.

Here is the original text in German:

Andy Schreck,

unser aller Leopard und Radsportprofi, musste am 11. Februar, kurz vor Mitternacht, in Hesperingen seinen Führerschein abgeben, nachdem er bei einer Verkehrskontrolle der Polizei wegen Geschwindigkeitsübertretung gestoppt worden war. Wohlvertanden: Andy war mit dem Auto unterwegs - nicht mit dem Fahrrad.

note: You only have to turn in your driver's license directly if you drive at least 40 km/h above speed limit in Luxembourg. In the other cases, there will still be consequences, but you won't have to hand your license in right away. Since this seems to have taken place in a village, Andy might have been going 90 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.
 
Oct 20, 2010
31
1
8,580
Riis improving Contadors TT

Saxobank Sungard was away on a training camp last week.

Riis is talking about how he is slowly gaining Contadors confidence.

(snipped from this article
http://www.feltet.dk/nyheder/riis_forbedre_contadors_enkeltstart/
and tranlated by Google)

"I said, 'Alberto, I have an idea of how I think we can do better, we can just go back again if not it works. " So I moved around a bit on him, and he improved with 1.75 seconds per kilometer. Such things help to open him, "adds Bjarne Riis.

Pretty significant if true... Riis is definetly a TT fanatic, so I'm sure he can make some improvements.
 
One of the guys that had people muttering "who?" as he came in in the front group all week in the Ruta del Sol, Pello Bilbao López de Armienta, has been promoted from the Orbea Continental team to the Euskaltel-Euskadi ProTeam to cover for Koldo Fernández being injured.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=36185

The 21-year-old has been nestled in the Fundación Euskadi program for a while, coming to Orbea in the offseason from the Fundación's amateur team, sponsored by Naturgas Energía.
 
That would be me, as I really had no idea who he was.
Then again, it's very hard to see Spanish talent coming since they usually only ride in their own country in youth categories and often miss the big U23 races, or simply don't figure in them.
Only the real obvious ones I spot (especially in circuito montanes and vuelta al eon etc, like pardilla in the past)