• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
New Omega Pharma-Lotto kit
4089914893.jpg

:confused: :confused:

A

Anonymous

can this thread be stickied.. cos sometimes it drops down the page and a lot of new threads get started that just duplicate whats already in this thread..

i think the thread has proved its worth...

zapata said:
francesco chicchi, according to his twitter http://twitter.com/Chicchi80 was out training today with, among others, one kessler, can only assume it was matthias?

anybody know if kessler has a contract for next year? His suspension is done, isn't it?

That is very interesting, assuming it is Matthias Kessler. His suspension should be done by now.

He absolutely dropped off the screen after his positive doping control. He has been totally out of sight. Which also means there is no word as to whether he will be riding anywhere next year.

Susan

May 6, 2009
Visit site
BMC Racing for 2010 Tour Down Under: Cadel Evans (Aus), George Hincapie (USA), Karsten Kroon (Ned), Danilo Wyss (Swi), Alexander Kristoff (Nor), Mauro Santambrogio (Ita) and Thomas Frei (Swi).

Maybe it's me, but I do enjoy the fact that Mike Turtor announces the riders taking part, describes the riders achievements and how happy he is to have them at his race.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
BMC Racing for 2010 Tour Down Under: Cadel Evans (Aus), George Hincapie (USA), Karsten Kroon (Ned), Danilo Wyss (Swi), Alexander Kristoff (Nor), Mauro Santambrogio (Ita) and Thomas Frei (Swi).

Maybe it's me, but I do enjoy the fact that Mike Turtor announces the riders taking part, describes the riders achievements and how happy he is to have them at his race.

+1
He gives a insight into each of the riders outlining their goals of the race and their prior acheivements. i think they will try to set up a sprint for Krisstoff and i think gc will be for Santambrogio as he came 6th last year and could get away on Wilunga Hill.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
+1
He gives a insight into each of the riders outlining their goals of the race and their prior acheivements. i think they will try to set up a sprint for Krisstoff and i think gc will be for Santambrogio as he came 6th last year and could get away on Wilunga Hill.
Rogers came sixth.

Willunga is a pimple, and it's a long way from the finish. It's a complete joke that it is supposed to be the decisive climb on a pro tour stage race. I understand why they would want to finish the race in a town, rather than a hilltop finish, but the parcours ruin the race as a GC spectacle, particularly with no ITT.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Runitout said:
Rogers came sixth.

Willunga is a pimple, and it's a long way from the finish. It's a complete joke that it is supposed to be the decisive climb on a pro tour stage race. I understand why they would want to finish the race in a town, rather than a hilltop finish, but the parcours ruin the race as a GC spectacle, particularly with no ITT.

Sorry, he was 8th. I think badboybertie lives in Wilunga so ask him if it's possible to have a hill finish. Personally, i don't think it's an overly wide road and goes down hill straight at the top. if the organisers make it too hard then the riders will complain.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Sorry, he was 8th. I think badboybertie lives in Wilunga so ask him if it's possible to have a hill finish. Personally, i don't think it's an overly wide road and goes down hill straight at the top. if the organisers make it too hard then the riders will complain.

There's a ridge at the top. It's flat for seven kms. Definitely possible. It's just that the town is back down the hill.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Cogombre said:
I disagree. I think that this is the best punishment possible beyond the life ban. I don't think that it's hard enough though, and I think that it could include a monetary sanction for the team. Maybe that way the "internal controls" could begin to fulfill their theoretical target.

and he should only be allowed to use one crank arm...

TRENDING THREADS