• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
And maybe we can get LLoyd back aswell.....he cant be happy at Omega/lotto???Is anybody happy there??

I doubt anybody is happy there. Gilbert will be hoping to do something this weekend. Gent was a big embarrassment for them.

auscyclefan94 said:
I doubt anybody is happy there. Gilbert will be hoping to do something this weekend. Gent was a big embarrassment for them.

+1 agreed....but Gilbert cant possibly carry the whole omega/lotto team this year too can he?I mean Jurgen van breakaway???Cadels replacement leader..What has he done this year??

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
eurosport.fr reports that armstrong will race in the tour of switzerland instead of the usual dauphiné libéré to avoid facing contador.

According to De Telegraaf, Rabobank has pre-selected five riders for the Tour de France, these five are Denis Menchov, Robert Gesink, Laurens ten Dam, Juan-Manuel Garate and Lars Boom.
1 condition to their preselection is that they have to show form prior to the Tour.
In may, Gesink and Ten Dam will recon all Pyrenees stages, and from 18 may the five preselected riders will do a training camp in Sierra Nevada. What will follow later is not entirely clear, except that Boom, Gesink and Ten Dam will ride the Tour de Suisse as last preperation. And possible Menchov/Garate will do the Dauphiné.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I depends really on Friere.

Think my nine would be..

Gesink
Menchov
Garate
Boom
LTD

Clement
Posthuma
Weening
Moerenhout

Though I like having friere at the tour, I'd leave him home this time. Apparently Niermann works like crazy on the flats for the team, But i dunno... think I would prefer weening and koos in the sqaud.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I depends really on Friere.

Think my nine would be..

Gesink
Menchov
Garate
Boom
LTD

Clement
Posthuma
Weening
Moerenhout

Though I like having friere at the tour, I'd leave him home this time. Apparently Niermann works like crazy on the flats for the team, But i dunno... think I would prefer weening and koos in the sqaud.
Niermann is the best domestique they have. He's invaluable. And he's Gesink's best friend in the squad. 1+1=2.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Chicken's bad results this season are explained by mononucleosis.

Another case to add to the metric f***ton of mononucleosis cases in the recent past . Mollema, Vermeltfoort, Reus (see a pattern yet?) Rogers, Cunego, Deignan, Wurf, de Ketele.

And a ton more I'm surely forgetting right now. Not really surprising once you remember continued EPO use puts you at a much higher risk of contracting the disease.

issoisso said:

Another case to add to the metric f***ton of mononucleosis cases in the recent past . Mollema, Vermeltfoort, Reus (see a pattern yet?) Rogers, Cunego, Deignan, Wurf, de Ketele.

And a ton more I'm surely forgetting right now. Not really surprising once you remember continued EPO use puts you at a much higher risk of contracting the disease.
I think those three are due to team orgies rather than EPO use.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:

Maybe naive, but I though Mono is/can be a sign of over-training/over-exhaustion...

Chicken is back, Reus comeback, Mollema and Vermeltfoort newbies trying hang with the pros... :eek: