• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 410 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
In 2 days the Giro del Trentino route will be unveiled in Milano (last year RCS started promoting the race, that's probably the reason for haiving the presentation there).
A few months ago I heard the rumour that they want to use the finishing circuit of the WC RR, or at least the climbs, in a stage.
They probably want to use the WC to get a few big names that usually ride Romandie, guys like Froome, Quintana, Porte and maybe Dumoulin.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok, the route of the Giro del Trentino has been published:
1) Arco - Folgaria 134,6 km 2530 m of altitude gain ***
2) Lavarone - Fiemme / Alpe di Pampeago 145,5 km 2900 m of altitude gain****
3) Ora / Auer - Merano 138,3 km 2600 m of altitude gain **
4) Chiusa /Klausen - Lienz 134,3 km 2300 m of altitude gain***
5) Rattenberg - Innsbruck 161,6 km 2770 m of altitude gain***

The profiles:
DOBpGRWWkAA04l8.jpg

DOBptsHWAAEaQut.jpg

DOBqEwXW4AAV4JD.jpg

DOBqgboWsAISfBa.jpg

DOBq7LGX0AAgpX9.jpg

https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/races/view/2018/66

They use the Innsbruck circuit, probably because they want to attract guys like Froome, Quintana and Porte who usually ride the Tour de Romandie when they ride the Tour.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of short stages, but it's prep race for the Giro with nothing but mountains, I can understand why they went for short stages, even if it's a bit extreme.

Next edition of Tour La Provence will feature a prologue on a Formula One circuit and a double ascent of Col de l'Espigoulier (11,3k at 5,2%)

Jeudi 8 février : Prologue sur le circuit Paul Ricard, 5,8km
Vendredi 9 février : 1e étape, Aubagne > Istres, 184km
Samedi 10 février : La Ciotat > Col de l’Espigoulier (Gemenos), 153km
Dimanche 11 février : Aix-en-Provence > Marseille, 167km

Het nieuwsblad reported on the felt-bikes from wout van aert today.

Here are some shocking facts:

Riders started complaining about the bikes even before they had raced, the frames were to stiff.
Nuyens (I could tell you a lot about him) said they just weren't motivated enough.
The team rode "de Omloop het Nieuwsblad" on cross frames.
During the Tour of Belgium four riders rode frames used by skil-shimano between 2011-2013. Thimoty Dupont rode one who was 2 seizes to big but still preferred it to the current one. The other riders were Dries de Bondt, WvA and Huub Duijn.
Gaetan Bille bought himself the latest model of Felt Bikes but Nuyens didn't allow him to race on it. After that Bille raced the bar minimum, once every five weeks.
Only in August did some riders get a new bike.
Because of the situation many riders don't want to continue with the team (Dupont) or are sacked by Nuyens (Bille, Cordeel, Vergaerde...)

Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:

Riders started complaining about the bikes even before they had raced, the frames were to stiff.
Nuyens (I could tell you a lot about him) said they just weren't motivated enough.
During the Tour of Belgium four riders rode frames used by skil-shimano between 2011-2013. Thimoty Dupont rode one who was 2 seizes to big but still preferred it to the current one. The other riders were Dries de Bondt, WvA and Huub Duijn.
Gaetan Bille bought himself the latest model of Felt Bikes but Nuyens didn't allow him to race on it. After that Bille raced the bar minimum, once every five weeks.
Because of the situation many riders don't want to continue with the team (Dupont) or are sacked by Nuyens (Bille, Cordeel, Vergaerde...)

many riders notb wanting to continue means the FELT deal with the team lasta a few year from 2017 om. you know for how long?
thanks

speaking about team bikes, it looks like Orbea changed French team, from Cofidis (Kuota from 2018) they will partner with Vital-Concept (Coquard and co)

Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:

That's a really weird mess. I can't work out from Google Translate if the riders had problems with cross bikes too or only with the road frames?

It's been quite a while since I can recall open strife in a team about equipment. Usually if there's a problem, some quiet substitutions and rebadgings are carried out and complaints about a sponsor's products are kept out of the press.

Re: Re:

Maaaaaaaarten said:
tobydawq said:
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad will change its finale to the old Ronde finale with the Muur, the Bosberg and finish in Meerbeke.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.3011529

While I really like the old finale of the RVV and dislike the new route, completely changing another race which was a great race in its own right is really not the right solution for me. :eek:

Omloop had a unique dynamic with flat cobbles after the hill section, that will now be lost. :(

This is really a new race now.

Screenshot_2017-12-05-14-54-04-958_com.facebook.katana.png

Re: Re:

Max Rockatansky said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
tobydawq said:
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad will change its finale to the old Ronde finale with the Muur, the Bosberg and finish in Meerbeke.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.3011529

While I really like the old finale of the RVV and dislike the new route, completely changing another race which was a great race in its own right is really not the right solution for me. :eek:

Omloop had a unique dynamic with flat cobbles after the hill section, that will now be lost. :(

This is really a new race now.

Screenshot_2017-12-05-14-54-04-958_com.facebook.katana.png

I saw this on Twitter yesterday and was surprised about the changes.

Then I saw your post and was more surprised about the quotations :lol:

I must be getting old.

TRENDING THREADS