• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 440 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So I didn't know where to post this. Anyways the UCI thinks the new E3-publicity poster is inappropriate. Basically the the picture features two bodypainted women hugging and the paint forms a frog. Anywayz the UCI thinks it's inappropriate and degrading towards women I guess? Which is a bit rich coming from an organisation actively helping countries like UAE or Oman with polishing up their image...

Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
According to the Belgian Cycling Federation, all 144 Belgian pro cyclists combined earn 12,4 million euro, which is about 50% less of what Eden Hazard earns :)
Hazard earns circa 25M?
If it's right only Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo have a bigger paycheck than him.
He earns roughly 18.7 million. So i should have said 33% less. But the difference is 50% of the 12,4 million the cyclists earn.

Karakate! Finally!

First half of the race is pretty lame, mind. For the short Eibar stage I'd have liked Karabieta -> Elosua -> Azurki via Endoia -> Karakate ( -> Karabieta?) but if they were going from that side I guess I'd have preferred Karabieta to Asensio as the last climb, but with the last intermediate sprint where it is I guess their hands were tied.

Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
So I didn't know where to post this. Anyways the UCI thinks the new E3-publicity poster is inappropriate. Basically the the picture features two bodypainted women hugging and the paint forms a frog. Anywayz the UCI thinks it's inappropriate and degrading towards women I guess? Which is a bit rich coming from an organisation actively helping countries like UAE or Oman with polishing up their image...
Of course the main issue isn't this poster in particular but rather that E3 year in year out has had posters that weren't that friendly towards women. A pattern is showing and apparently UCI already reprimanded the organizers a few times.

LaFlorecita said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Of course the main issue isn't this poster in particular but rather that E3 year in year out has had posters that weren't that friendly towards women. A pattern is showing and apparently UCI already reprimanded the organizers a few times.
I am so not sure what to think of this.

Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Tbfh I only noticed it were two bodypainted ladies when I read this on sporza. Before I just taught they chose a badly photoshopped frog.

GenericBoonenFan said:
Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Tbfh I only noticed it were two bodypainted ladies when I read this on sporza. Before I just taught they chose a badly photoshopped frog.
I googled it and saw posters from previous years and they were way 'worse'.

It's just an unnecessary battle to pick imo.

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Karakate! Finally!

First half of the race is pretty lame, mind. For the short Eibar stage I'd have liked Karabieta -> Elosua -> Azurki via Endoia -> Karakate ( -> Karabieta?) but if they were going from that side I guess I'd have preferred Karabieta to Asensio as the last climb, but with the last intermediate sprint where it is I guess their hands were tied.
Just looked at Karakate on street view. Do you know whether that climb has been resurfaced?

TRENDING THREADS