• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Rabobank for the Tour de France:

Denis Menchov, Robert Gesink, Oscar Freire, Lars Boom, Koos Moerenhout, Laurens ten Dam, Maarten Tjallingii, Juanma Garate, Grischa Niermann.

Reserves: Pieter Weening, Bram Tankink.

Happy for Tjallingii!! He has been riding hard and is a deserving rider!!

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
TRDean said:
Happy for Tjallingii!! He has been riding hard and is a deserving rider!!

Definitely. Also if your team leaders are Menchov and Gesink, it's not a bad idea to take some riders with you that are good at descending.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Ballan's internal suspension at BMC is over, and he will be back to racing this weekend. I really like the guy, I hope he is riding clean and I hope this cloud of suspicion does not haunt him.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Do any of the my dutch friends know when THE GREAT Bauke Mollema will be riding next? They should put him in the tour team as Gesink and Menchov have no chance of making it to the finish.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
MY TAKE ON RECENT CYCLING COMEDIES (news?) !!

APRIL FOOLS DAY was 2mths ago! BP are polluting the Gulf of Mexico and the Media are short of ideas so even here in Austria this nonsense is surfacing!
Pascal the mechanic sticks his head out of the sunroof of the team car and we have sensationalism! Boonen gets his derriere kicked and there is "Conspiracy"! Lance has even been tied to this in some articles as some "jokers" reckon he lent the bike out!" Correct me but doesn't Radio Shack ride Trek and didn't "Specialized" stop supplying a team because they want Kids to respect thier body and avoid "Substance abuse"?
Athletes train for events and F C trained for this with Stewie & co pulling him to the point where he could use all his energy to get the desired result, Victory. Basso didn't win the Giro alone Silvo Smyzd pulled him , Nibali & Evans et al up the climbs to the point that Liquigas were able to determine the result.
Yesterday after 140k i jumped on the back of a family group of 3 and they towed me 30k at over 40+kph, it was sad they were not going the rest of the way as i went thru 2 speed signs at 37 & 38 after they heded west to Innsbruck and i went south to Zillertal.
Robbie McEwen reported 68kph on twitter training recently and Cippo was booked on the SuperStrada at 90+ behind a M/bike!

SILLY SEASON IS OVER! Back to the real world PLEASE?

BY THE WAY my take on the CHEATING RACERS

FACT is these UN CONSCIENABLE CHEATS deserve to be locked and tagged in their homes for the full period of their suspension and NOT allowed to work in any "CYCLING related activity" whether with teams or travel or speaking engagements.

IN ADDITION on return from Suspension they must only race in a league 2 steps below their departure point, thus we will not see the PROTOUR polluted by the poison that they were infected with! Professionals faced with this situation will think about "Short cuts" to success when they forsee the consequences!

Pat Mc Quaid may be Irish and be portrayed as a lightweight but i am sure he is "SAVVY enough "to make the CHEATS sweat at night when he uses the power that is at his disposal more effectively!

DO THE CRIME , SERVE THE TIME ! Tired of hearing how some of these adults were misled !

PARIS — Cervelo Test team have ended speculation about Carlos Sastre's inclusion in this year's Tour de France by telling their former champion to get ready for the July 3-25 event.

*** edited by mod ***

Put in a link please.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Do any of the my dutch friends know when THE GREAT Bauke Mollema will be riding next? They should put him in the tour team as Gesink and Menchov have no chance of making it to the finish.

Menchov should have focused on the Giro with it's extremely weak field.

Bauke will dominate the Tour de Suisse next week.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
They've recently decided to leave both of them at home and instead take Bauke, the Falcon of the Flatlands.

When Contador heard this news, he decided to chuck in his TdF towel and make the Dauphine a season make or break must-win instead. Bookies are considering paying out on a Falcon TdF victory the moment he shows up on the Rotterdam start line. Tour Directors were initially insisting they wouldn't hand him the trophy until Bauke reached Paris, but since this Tour will be yet again totally overshadowed by the Hey It's Cycling, let's Talk about Lance Baby sideshow, they posted the yellow jersey and yanked all stages after all. Not that anyone will notice that there is no actual racing this July, as Eurosport is showing back to back episodes of Planet Armstrong between Sidi commercials, with the premier of the show's replacement for 2011 on the final race day: Planet Bauke.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
That link doesn't work. Facebook tells me it doesn't exist. Facebook is also not a reliable source.

Susan

Oops, I copied the link from another post I wrote and didn't get the full link should work now. As for reliability I agree, which is why Iclearly stated that it might not actually be Riis' page, if it is his page then clearly it is reliable whether it's facebook or not, if it's a fake then...

ETA: I send an e-mail to the Saxo Bank homepage asking if the page is authentic. I'll share the answer when and if I get one.

ETA2: just got a auto-generated mail saying the webmaster is on vacation until the 20th. I think we'll have an answer from other sources before then...

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Australia's long list for the World's (OAM means Medal of the Order of Australia)
Elite men long list

Graeme Brown OAM, Simon Clarke, Baden Cooke, Allan Davis, Cadel Evans, Simon Gerrans, Matthew Goss, Adam Hansen, Mathew Hayman, Brett Lancaster OAM, Matthew Lloyd, Robbie Mcewen, Cameron Meyer, Travis Meyer, Stuart O'Grady OAM, Richie Porte, Mark Renshaw, Luke Roberts OAM, Michael Rogers, Wesley Sulzberger, Chris Sutton, Matthew Wilson

U23 men long list

Nick Aitken, Rohan Dennis, Luke Durbridge, Ben Dyball, Michael Hepburn, Benjamin King, Patrick Lane, Joseph Lewis, Michael Matthews, Timothy Roe, Malcolm Rudolph, Nicholas Walker

TRENDING THREADS