• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 462 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
5 o'clock Wanty-Groupe Gobert press conference. According to Christophe Vandegoor it's not a new rider or new partner that will be announced.
Neither Wanty nor Groupe Gobert really suffered during the lockdown, so let's hope it will be positive news?
They bought the license of CCC and will become WT next year.

The Norwegian conti-team Joker Fuel of Norway is history after this season. Before UNO-X they were the team who developed the best talents in Norway and many of the pro's have been a part of the team since it was founded in 2005 as Maxbo-Bianchi. Boasson Hagen, Kristoff, Stake Laengen, Jansen are some of the still active cyclists who raced for Joker before they signed for a pro-team.

https://www.procycling.no/joker-fuel-of-norway-legger-ned-satsinga/

English version of the article at the bottom.

(and just move the post if it is in the wrong thread or forum)

Question: if a team has a wide variety of nationalities, like Quick-Step for instance, how can they send team cars to all the different national championships that come at virtually the same time in June? Firstly does a team even own the 12 cars necessary for Quick-Step to send one to every race (and that's not including the Aus/NZ and Colombian championships which are earlier in the year)? Secondly, if so, they don't have 12 DS available. Do they just paint a car for the week and let some local guy in the country look after things? Do teams make agreements to look after riders from other teams?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Question: if a team has a wide variety of nationalities, like Quick-Step for instance, how can they send team cars to all the different national championships that come at virtually the same time in June? Firstly does a team even own the 12 cars necessary for Quick-Step to send one to every race (and that's not including the Aus/NZ and Colombian championships which are earlier in the year)? Secondly, if so, they don't have 12 DS available. Do they just paint a car for the week and let some local guy in the country look after things? Do teams make agreements to look after riders from other teams?

The simple answer is; they don't. Sometimes riders flying solo use neutral cars - no need to pain them - sometimes they make an agreement with another team.

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
COMPETITIVE CYCLISTS NEEDED FOR RESEARCH STUDY!

Hi everyone,

I hope I am allowed to post on here... As you can imagine, recruiting participants during this pandemic is proving very difficult so I thought I would try recruiting on cycling forums such as this to see if I can get any better luck!

I am recruiting competitive cyclists (and runners/swimmers) for a qualitative research study that I am conducting as part of my PhD. The study aims to explore athletes' experiences leading up to upper respiratory tract infection (common cold) symptoms, and the direct/indirect impact such symptoms may have had on your sporting performance.

As a participant, all you will need to do is attend a one-off interview via video call with myself - these typically last between 40-60 minutes. To be eligible, you need to be competing at a regional or higher level and have experienced common cold symptoms (e.g., sore throat, runny/blocked nose, coughing, sneezing) on two or more consecutive days in the past month. However, if you have not experienced such symptoms but are still interested in taking part and meet the other inclusion criteria, please let me know as you may experience these symptoms at a later date and we can keep in touch regarding this.

This research study will provide you with a good insight into how research is conducted at a University and give you a good opportunity to reflect on your experiences - previous participants have found this surprisingly helpful! Please let me know if you are interested in taking part by contacting me: M.Simms@bath.ac.uk

Thanks,

Max

As RHD says they use the neutral car or team up with another one and use their support. For example, whereas UAE have a couple of Slovenian riders and Slovenian ds, Jumbo visma only have Roglic. Therefore, Pogacar had a Ds and proper UAE team car, but Roglic had another car following. I know riders at the British national like Alex Dowsett, Harry Tanfield and the Barnes Sisters had support from Canyon DHB Last year as they all had the connection through Canyon (Katusha, Canyon Sram and Canyon DHB).

As RHD says they use the neutral car or team up with another one and use their support. For example, whereas UAE have a couple of Slovenian riders and Slovenian ds, Jumbo visma only have Roglic. Therefore, Pogacar had a Ds and proper UAE team car, but Roglic had another car following. I know riders at the British national like Alex Dowsett, Harry Tanfield and the Barnes Sisters had support from Canyon DHB Last year as they all had the connection through Canyon (Katusha, Canyon Sram and Canyon DHB).

Thank you!

Thank you!

For example, whereas UAE have a couple of Slovenian riders and Slovenian ds, Jumbo visma only have Roglic. Therefore, Pogacar had a Ds and proper UAE team car, but Roglic had another car following.

And of course this year - apart from the practical issues of getting a car from (I pressume) the Netherlands to Slovenia, especially with the travel restrictions - there weren't really any multiple-races issue, since the Slovenian Championships were at a completely different time from all the others.
But it does prove that you don't need a big set-up to win.

And of course this year - apart from the practical issues of getting a car from (I pressume) the Netherlands to Slovenia, especially with the travel restrictions - there weren't really any multiple-races issue, since the Slovenian Championships were at a completely different time from all the others.
But it does prove that you don't need a big set-up to win.
I wouldn't call Jimbo Visma a small setup! But I know what you mean. Unless it's the 20million man leadouts of French teams, nationals (certainly in the uk) seem to be a free for all. Therefore team tactics with 3 or 4 riders is still hard.

I wouldn't call Jimbo Visma a small setup! But I know what you mean. Unless it's the 20million man leadouts of French teams, nationals (certainly in the uk) seem to be a free for all. Therefore team tactics with 3 or 4 riders is still hard.

Assuming that Roglic did indeed fly solo, and didn't have a support team join him in Slovenia for the national championships.

Reactions: lemon cheese cake

TRENDING THREADS