• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 467 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They do it twice, first time the same side that was in the 2016 ITT.

If they are going to do Arrate twice, I'd prefer something like this:

n5X1F0t.png

Instead of going down to Eibar, you can descend down to Etxebarria and go over Urkaregi (San Miguel).

Last edited:
Also the route for the 2021 Tour de Suisse is known. Two ITTs, one of which is a MTT up and over OberalpPass :

Reactions: Sandisfan
AGR will be raced in a closed circuit.

I was going to ask, how does the new route difficulty compare to the old one, but I'm going to rephrase the question. Does anybody beside MvdP, WvA or AlafPolak stand a chance?
Clearly easier, it's the WC circuit of 2012 with a different final lap. That race featured a thirty-man sprint for third just behind Gilbert. So I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else take it in a sprint due to positioning or the big names cooking themselves in a failed attack, if it does come to a sprint that is.

Clearly easier, it's the WC circuit of 2012 with a different final lap. That race featured a thirty-man sprint for third just behind Gilbert. So I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else take it in a sprint due to positioning or the big names cooking themselves in a failed attack, if it does come to a sprint that is.

I don't believe the 2012 Worlds circuit had the Geulhemmerberg

Edit: but then again I am not sure if a circuit with Geulhemmerberg can fit the 17km length as I think the one without it is 16km

I don't believe the 2012 Worlds circuit had the Geulhemmerberg

Edit: but then again I am not sure if a circuit with Geulhemmerberg can fit the 17km length as I think the one without it is 16km
The lap does include Geulhemmerberg, I'm apparently just bad at remembering routes in my own country. Still think it's easier than normal though, especially with the race also being almost 50k shorter than both that WC and the 2019 race (267.4 and 265.7 respectively versus 218.6).
Ev-BthmXMAE7tYq.jpg

Also the route for the 2021 Tour de Suisse is known. Two ITTs, one of which is a MTT up and over OberalpPass :

Yeah, the final 2 stages are pretty hard and interesting.

The Baby Giro will feature a Campo Moro MTF, the stage will start in Sondrio and feature 2 laps on a circuit around the vineyards in that area before the final ascent. Fans of Women's cycling will know the climb from the 2018 Giro Rosa, where the 2nd half was used as a MTT and AvV destroyed all life on earth. Apparently there won't be a Mortirolo stage this year, so fingers crossed that they'll test the Fauniera/Granfondo Fausto Coppi stage in the U23 Giro before using it in th real one.
Source: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article...selleri-gigi-negri-campo-moro-bagioli-lanzada
The climb:
CampoMoro.gif

So the route for the 2021 Mont Ventoux Challenge has been revealed, and it's the toughest one yet. It's shorther than the first two editions, but with two ascents of the Ventoux it has more elevation gain. It has obviously been modeled after the 11th stage of this year's Tour, which also features the Ventoux double.

The organisers has also announced plans for a women's race to be held alongside the men's in 2022. Now that La Course has moved away from the mountain stages they had in 2017 and 18, it'll be great to have a similar one-day race on their calendar too.

VoGjYkisY9MPGwt5JRTQFU-970-80.jpg.webp