• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 477 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Damn, I feel crushed by this.

Didn't know him personally, but I'm going to miss him badly as a commentator. He was the best, and made every race more entertaining to watch with his insight, anecdotes and wit.

Can't even imagine what the people who actually knew him are going through. All the best to them.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Chris Anker Sørensen- The biggest personality in danish cycling and a funny great guy. A great commentator and had some pretty hilarious interviews when he was a rider. Will always remember the 2012 tour, where the guy just kept going everyday, trying to carry a mediocre saxobank team to success. He was a fighter and that made him very entertaining to watch. Rip in mate. You will be missed.

Chris Anker Sørensen is much more than a stage winner at the Giro. If you rewatch the world championships where Matti Breschel won his medals - notice how crucial a role Sørensen had in those races.

Anyway, it was his job as an expert commentator that meant the most to me. I can't think of a TV personality that I would miss more than I will miss Chris Anker Sørensen. He could recognize riders hidden in big groups from impossible angels, and his analyses of the races were always on point. He had a nice down-to-earth way of talking, and yet he had a fantastic sense of humour and impressive ability to pick the right words, both on TV and in his columns.

Besides the tragedy in all this, it's also really annoying. It's annoying to not have him as a commentator in the future.

Chris Anker Sørensen is much more than a stage winner at the Giro. If you rewatch the world championships where Matti Breschel won his medals - notice how crucial a role Sørensen had in those races.

Anyway, it was his job as an expert commentator that meant the most to me. I can't think of a TV personality that I would miss more than I will miss Chris Anker Sørensen. He could recognize riders hidden in big groups from impossible angels, and his analyses of the races were always on point. He had a nice down-to-earth way of talking, and yet he had a fantastic sense of humour and impressive ability to pick the right words, both on TV and in his columns.

Exactly. I also appreciated how he always knew a lot about the history and culture of the area they were riding in. He was always prepared to his teeth. I don't think former riders often take that role.

And he was just such a nice person which can easily be seen by the reactions on social media.

Terrible news.

But absolutely avoidable, if he had adhered to the right-of-way rules. There is no doubt that he had to give way, and that he had to look before crossing the intersection. What far too few "fast" cyclists do.
Here a link to the scene of the accident :

We often joke about the Volta a Portugal and have our memes, but it's a big deal in Portugal, just look at the ratings:
file.php

Source: https://cyclingandthoughts.blogspot.com/2021/08/rtp-lidera-audiencias-com-82-volta.html

Those ratings are clearly better than what the recent Vuelta got in Spain.

Now the Lombardia route is official:
Lomb_21_alt.jpg

Lomb_21_plan.jpg

The climbs:
Lomb_21_SAL01.jpg

Lomb_21_SAL02.jpg

Lomb_21_SAL03.jpg

Lomb_21_SAL04.jpg

The final:
Lomb_21_UKM.jpg

Not as good as the 2016 route, but not a bad one for a finish in Bergamo. Now they only need to put up barriers that force the riders to ride on the "cobbles" (is there even an English word for "ciottolato"? That's like cobbles, but with round rocks), that would be awesome.

Seems like a good route. I look forward to learn why it isn't.

TRENDING THREADS