• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 483 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I read most of what was available on Cycling News..Sagan getting in trouble with cops. Roche retiring saying in the interview that he often back talks to his boss, but on race day he follows the plan, has an opinion if 3-5 days more of altitude training is really necessary and says so to his superiors..read articles about @25 year olds having stressful years and looming talented younger riders pushing them out. Read that better women's race commentary could be a major benefit to the sport..and speaking of interest or not..almost 300 riders apply for a few spots..very cool.. Tom Boonen saying racing and winning in a Volkswagen beetle is better than a pro bike win..and Can and Quickstep..kicking around contract talks..1-2 seconds too long and now Cav has a collapsed lung and broken ribs..let's see what that does for negotiating power.
when I read a 2 year pro rider was surprised at how cut throat professional cycling is..and it surprised him..well everything I read surprised me..

But what surprised you about the possible improvement of women's races?

I have known a few crushing women pro bike racers, so I know that the talent is there. The depth of the bunch is an issue in my opinion. I think a big lure of men's racing is the spectacle..to use the overused..size matters. I think that women's racing needs to do everything and anything it can to grow the field size..I think that they should go to running clubs and get high level competitors on bicycles, I think that they should do whatever they can for exposure.And I think that economics is going to really,really hurt cycling if not kill it. @$4000usd for an entry level competitive bike and clothing is too much to ask of any young racer and especially a young girl that wants to give bike racing a try..there are a few other mainstream sports that are expensive even to dabble, but women's bike racing is right up there with motorcycle, or something involving a horse..decent equipment and clothing is cost prohibitive for an athletic experiment for most..you can get a few computers,surfboards,snowboard,basketball,tennis racquet, ball gloves,soccer,volleyball,ect and try things out..a young athlete can get into a pick up basketball or soccer game at a park for next to nothing.
All the other stuff, I was just complaining..I hope Cavendish, Sagan and Valverde have great seasons with the recognition that they are winding down.
I think that the more I read about Jullian Alafillipe the more I like him and his racing style and way of thinking.sorry about spelling. I also think that it's absolutely out of this world crazy that the UCI does not have an absolute position on supplements..The sport and it sponsorship structure really can't afford another scandal..and ketones are going to present a problem if it's in the debate stage between riders and teams..absolutely crazy..
also crazy is how random and arbitrary Covid bombs can effect bike racing, w events being cancelled..

Reactions: BlueRoads
Tour de Pologne 2022

TdP2022-1-768x362.jpg.webp

TdP2022-2-768x362.jpg.webp

TdP2022-3-768x362.jpg.webp

TdP2022-4-768x362.jpg.webp

TdP2022-5-768x362.jpg.webp

TdP2022-6-768x362.jpg.webp

TdP2022-7-768x362.jpg.webp

• Love
Reactions: Sandisfan
240km flat stages are just stupid, they add nothing of value.
They put fatigue because they have to stay six hours on the bike and the more the stage last the less time to recover you have. I'm pretty sure that without 250 kms the day before we wouldn't have had the same carnage in Le Grand Bornard (just to cite the most recent example). Like I said in the thread about the perfect GT flat stages should always be extremely long to be useful, if you put a short flat stage is just an extra rest day.

They put fatigue because they have to stay six hours on the bike and the more the stage last the less time to recover you have. I'm pretty sure that without 250 kms the day before we wouldn't have had the same carnage in Le Grand Bornard (just to cite the most recent example). Like I said in the thread about the perfect GT flat stages should always be extremely long to be useful, if you put a short flat stage is just an extra rest day.

The Le Creusot stage was hardly a regular flat stage but seven hours of complete carnage.

I don't buy what you say in the least. Unless you have some data to support that view it honestly just seems like some home-spun theory by a grumpy person who thinks everything was better in the old days.

The Le Creusot stage was hardly a regular flat stage but seven hours of complete carnage.

I don't buy what you say in the least. Unless you have some data to support that view it honestly just seems like some home-spun theory by a grumpy person who thinks everything was better in the old days.
I can't deny the highlighted part...
But I think it's also undeniable that the more they have to stay on the bike and the less time they have to recover/sleep the more fatigue they get and the more likely is to have big gaps, domestiques done early and riders crack. Belli when is at the comment always says that nowadays they are too fresh and is a different sport already compared to when he was riding and they had 7+ hours stages that started at 9/10 AM and so they had to wake up at 5/6 AM.

news from Premier Tech

• Dylan Bibic, 19 ans, champion du monde junior de la course aux points 2021
  • Charles-Étienne Chrétien, 22 ans, 12e au général du Tour Herald Sun UCI 2.1
  • Matisse Julien, 18 ans, vice-champion junior du Canada
  • Francis Juneau, 20 ans, participant du contre-la-montre des Championnats du monde U-23 2021
  • Carson Miles, 20 ans, champion du Canada U-23 2021
  • Robin Plamondon, 21 ans, 5e des Championnats du Canada U-23 2021
  • Nicolas Rivard, 19 ans, champion du Québec U-23 2021
  • Riley Sheehan, 20 ans, champion junior américain du contre-la-montre
  • Florient Carpentier, 19 ans, 4e des Championnats de France élite en poursuite
  • Guillaume Dauschy, 22 ans, deux sélections en Équipe de France U-23

Last edited:
Prologue
1 ??? › ???
2 ??? › Marburg
3 ??? › ???
4 Schiltach › Stuttgart

The race will finish like 2018 on the Theodor-Heuss-Straße. So my guess is, that they will do the same lap.

The route is now known.

Prologue Weimar
1 Weimar › Meiningen
2 Meiningen › Marburg
3 Freiburg › Schauinsland
4 Schiltach › Stuttgart

We don't know the detailed routes yet. Stage 3 should be for the climbers (which means rolling climbs for Schachmann o_O )

The route is now known.

Prologue Weimar
1 Weimar › Meiningen
2 Meiningen › Marburg
4 Schiltach › Stuttgart

We don't know the detailed routes yet. Stage 3 should be for the climbers (which means rolling climbs for Schachmann o_O )
There are nice hills around Marburg. The Murito up to the old town of Amöneburg would be something that I'd love to see.

The route is now known.

Prologue Weimar
1 Weimar › Meiningen
2 Meiningen › Marburg
4 Schiltach › Stuttgart

Seems like a route, which is a lot hillier than the last times..

Are Meiningen, Freiburg and Schauinsland already confirmed?
From Marburg to Freiburg it´s 350 km transfer..

TRENDING THREADS