• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 499 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The route of the Giro U23 will feature a MTF to Fauniera. It will also use the Passo Guspessa (another road to the Mortirolo) for the first time
https://cyclingpro.net/spaziociclismo/altro/ciclismo-giovanile/giro-ditalia-u23-2022-il-percorso/

it's a shame that the rest of the stages do not look particularly selective

unless there is something that I have missed about them

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Slovenia route looking good. Stage 2 might be a bit ambitious, but Pog can sweep the rest easily

FQN4739WYAMh6uT

Reactions: Lui98

Stage 5 could be fun with a big climb at the start and a hilly circuit at the end, but sadly it comes right before the big Fauniera MTF.

• Wow

The final stage ends with three laps of the little cobbled wall in Pinerolo used in 2016 and 2019 by the real Giro, finishing at its summit. But yes, the amount of selective stages is a bit disappointing.

• Wow
The founder and main host of The Cycling Podcast, Richard Moore, passed away two days ago. It is not public knowledge how it happened.

What a sad and shocking piece of news, he seemed like such a nice and very knowledgeable guy.
The Guardian Obituary

Slovenia route looking good. Stage 2 might be a bit ambitious, but Pog can sweep the rest easily

FQN4739WYAMh6uT

If I am not mistaken stage 3 is the same as last year where Pogačar decided the race with a long range attack. Since UAE should be by fsr the strongest team its likely that he gifts one stage like he did last year to Ulissi and wins stage 4 and probably either stage 1 or 3 as well.

If I am not mistaken stage 3 is the same as last year where Pogačar decided the race with a long range attack. Since UAE should be by fsr the strongest team its likely that he gifts one stage like he did last year to Ulissi and wins stage 4 and probably either stage 1 or 3 as well.
I haven't looked at the startlist, but I think Pog can win all but stage 2 literally at will.

But if I were him I'd gift as much as possible. Maybe they should bring Ayuso to buy him some loyalty hehehe

TRENDING THREADS