• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Scott/Marcondes César/São José dos Campos ¡Adiós!

They throw the towel - Brazilian biggest team is no more - more then a 1000 victory's were their share in 13 years ...

http://prologo.uol.com.br/scripts/materia/materia_det.asp?idMateria=4634&idCanal=1&stCanal=Estrada

Scott2.jpg

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
:eek: Focus bikes for Katucha in 2011 and Ridley teams up with Vancansoleil

so we will get a R3 bike called Cobra next year ... Ricardo/Ricco/Ridley :cool:

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi Susan I guess were being played here, it is enlisted bit by bit on Tuttobici...

:
Originally Posted by DAOTEC
They are teasing us Susan damn ...

You know, sometimes I really think that.

I do know that Schumacher expected to start in the race, but have not heard any more as to whether all his paperwork has gone through yet.

Susan

This is what I have thus far Susan:
http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_idd=MTk5NTM=

LAMPRE - FARNESE VINI
BUTS Vitaliy Ukraine
CUNEGO Damiano Italy
GAVAZZI Francesco Italy
LORENZETTO Mirco Italy
MALORI Adriano Italy
PONZI Simone Italy
SAPA Marcin Poland
ULISSI Diego Italy

LIQUIGAS DOIMO
SAGAN Peter Slovakia

MICHE
SCHUMACHER Stefan Germany

VACANSOLEIL PRO CYCLING TEAM
RICCO Riccardo

337-2010.jpg

A

Anonymous

theyoungest said:
According to Biciciclismo, Team Sky masseur Txema González died as a result of the mysterious virus affecting the team. Very shocking and tragic news. May he rest in peace.

very very sad news. I know from our guy who was out at Tirreno with Txema he was a lovely guy, and incredibly popular among the team. Very very sad day.
wp2a8518dc_05.jpg

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Is there already any rumour about what the cause of the illness is?
I do hope it is not an airborne virus, or else we will see a lot more sick pros and supporting staff. But it certainly is a nasty illness if it kills a person this quickly.

Susan Westemeyer said:
According to the Team Sky press release, it was a bacterial infection that was in way related to the intestinal virus affecting the riders.

Susan

I think you mean "not related" ?

Team Sky's Head of Medical Dr Steve Peters said: "Txema contracted a bacterial infection which entered the bloodstream and developed into sepsis. The toxins from this had damaged the organs in his body and he went into septic shock and unfortunately succumbed to that.”

"I should also clarify that this bacterial infection has nothing to do with the viral infection which many of the team have suffered with in Spain, causing stomach upset."

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Begin August: Bernaudeau has revealed that he is close to reaching an agreement with a potential new sponsor for next season. The team’s deal with Bbox Bouygues Telecom finishes at the end of the current season, but Bernaudeau says that he is on the verge of signing a new partnership agreement with “a foreign” company.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today in l'Equipe: Le sponsor de Bernaudeau bientôt dévoilé

Jean René Bernaudeau a déjà assuré qu'il serait bien dans le peloton l'an prochain. De nombreuses rumeurs ont été évoqué pour reprendre la structure vendéenne comme la Poste, Super U ou un même une continuation de Bbox. Le sponsor principal devrait être dévoilé entre le 12 et 14 septembre. D'ici une dizaine de jours on saura donc si les rumeurs sont confirmées ou s'il s'agit d'un tout autre projet. On sait d'ores et déjà que le conseil général de Vendée financera une partie du budget de l'équipe.

^
! So within 10 days Jean René Bernaudeau will tell the world who is to replace Bbox, if it isn't leaked earlier. ;)

May 6, 2009
Visit site
icefire said:
After 2 years off the Vuelta a la Comunidad Valenciana has got a spot in the UCI calendar in February between the Challenge Mallorca and the Vuelta a Andalucía-Ruta del Sol

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2010/09/04/ciclismo/1283605442.html

Now they need to find the sponsors who put the money.

Nice to see the race come back again. Now we somehow have to bring back the Tour of Germany and all the smaller German races that have disappeared.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Good news.

Remember Timofey Kritskiy?

In the past two years, he finished on the podium or won several major youth races (GP Tell, Euro Champs both RR and TT, Côte Picarde).

Then he went to the Tour de l'Avenir as the major favourite. Came into the final stage TT almost two minutes behind Sicard and was on course to win the TT, quite likely by more than that and win the GC....when he crashed.

One broken leg later and he was told there was a very likely chance he'd never ride again.

Well, after spending a full year recovering, he's back on wednesday to ride a few belgian classics with Katusha.

Personally I'm hoping the injury hasn't killed his potential as he's a very intriguing rider. Intriguing simply because his development can go anywhere. From a crappier version of Marc Lotz, to a Cancellara who can climb, or anywhere in between.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
Cyclismag claims to have information that Garmin Transitions is planning to terminate some contracts of existing riders to make room for the newcomers.

http://www.cyclismag.com/article.php?sid=6081#ancre1

English/google translation:

The compulsory transfer of seven runners at Cervélo Team Garmin-Transitions in 2011 will not only block the arrival of neo-pros like Ramunas Navardauskas (VC La Pomme Marseille), but also lead to the departure of riders, even under contract. According to our information, the direction of Garmin to make a clean, prompted several teammates to terminate their contract and is currently studying the conditions of their departure. In all, nearly a third of the workforce will be reshaped since Le Mevel (JDF) is also expected to join the American team.
According to a press release issued last week by Garmin, the seven recruits from Cervélo will Hushovd, Haussler, Hammond, Klier, Lancaster, Lloyd and Rasch.

TRENDING THREADS