• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 63 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Where? Some local crit race?

NSW Grand Prix Cycling Series. The link to the race is generally the yellow ad on the side or the top of the forum pages. results in CN. Blaxland went to the race leg in bathurst.

Riders who are in it are Gerrans, Brown, B Sulzberger, Meyer, Bobridge, Hayman, Sutton, Matthews, Kersten, Dean, Wilson, Hunter, Henderson, Clancy and some decent local talent.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Have to agree and you have even missed some results. Though the track at the comm games has less competition than on the road imo. And about Cam's future, he made a comment on Bike Shorts that he would like to become a rider like Brad Wiggins or Michael Rogers. He was talking about just making the transition from the track to the road but I personally think that he is interested in becoming a guy who rides for overall in stage races and grand tours. I personally see a lot more in Bobridge than I do in Cam. Bobridge imo could become a cobbled classics rider and I personally think he will do very well.

btw, i met the australian road rider of the year today.:):):)

oh, your knees must hurt :p
but no, congrats must have been fantastic for you.

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
NSW Grand Prix Cycling Series. The link to the race is generally the yellow ad on the side or the top of the forum pages. results in CN. Blaxland went to the race leg in bathurst.

Riders who are in it are Gerrans, Brown, B Sulzberger, Meyer, Bobridge, Hayman, Sutton, Matthews, Kersten, Dean, Wilson, Hunter, Henderson, Clancy and some decent local talent.

Sutton won again today. Hoping eventually to have some bloody highlights when channel 9 decide to show them

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
oh, your knees must hurt :p
but no, congrats must have been fantastic for you.
Yes, it was great. Chiara (Cadel's wife) was also there.
TeamSkyFans said:
Sutton won again today. Hoping eventually to have some bloody highlights when channel 9 decide to show them

You mean yesterday? Today's leg (4) has not started. Women's starts at 2pm.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
new Katusha team bike

KatushaTeamBike.jpg

Here’s a sneak peak at the beautiful new Focus Izalco that Pippo Pozzato and Team Katusha will be riding in 2011. I don’t know about you, but I hope they make it available to the public! Notice the co-sponsors–it looks like SRAM’s bagged another Pro Tour squad!

Delivered yesterday complete for 2011 in the CCCP colours. :eek:

katusha-bike.jpg

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, it was great. Chiara (Cadel's wife) was also there.

You mean yesterday? Today's leg (4) has not started. Women's starts at 2pm.

Highlights of the first four races on teamskyfans now. Race five tommorow. If crits is your thing. Wont give away the result

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Sutton won the 5th race of the NSW Grand Prix and secured overall.

I went to Coogee & Cronulla races, about to look through my pics to see if I got any decent shots

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
CDC and Nippo to merge

According to the Japanese site Cyclowired the deal was formalized in recent weeks.

D'Angelo Antenucci (CDC)-Nippo Corporation 2011
gruppo2.jpg

Team Roster
From CDC-Cavaliere:
1) ----------------------------
2) Miguel Ángel Rubiano Chávez (Colombia)
3) Maximiliano Richeze (Argentina),
4) Luca Ascani,
5) Giuseppe Muraglia,
6) Bernardo Riccio,
7) Davide Torosantucci,
8) Fortunato Baliani,
9) Danilo Andrenacci
10)Simone Campagnaro (ex-Miche),
11)Henry Frusto (neopro).

From Nippo:
12)Masaaki Kikuchi,
13)Junya Sano,
14)Kohei Uchima,
15)Ryohei Komori,
16) ---?---

Debut will be at the Tour de San Luis, in Argentina (17-23 Jan) 2011.

[http://cyclowired.jp]

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Saxo Bank-Sungard will not race the SkodaTour de Luxembourg next year, as Laurent Didier reveals in this interview (German).

His race program for the first half of the season will be similar to the one last year, including:

Trofeo Mallorca, Paris-Nice, Amstel Gold Race, Flèche Wallonne, Liège-Bastogne-Liège, Giro d'Italia, Dauphiné Libéré.

I think he had a really good first season last year and Riis & Co were happy with his performances. It seems he will not be part of the Tour de France team, but who knows, maybe the Vuelta.

Also Maxime Monfort talks about his goals with Team Leopard in this interview (French):

"In the Tour, we'll all work together to get the yellow jersey, so I'll have my specific role as a domestique. I will, however, get my shot at one-week stage races."

"I will be in good shape for the Ardennes Classics, since my objectives will be just before (Pais Vasco) and just after (Tour de Romandie). But I'm not specifically preparing for the Ardennes."

I also wonder if he could go for the win in the Tour de Luxembourg. He won it in 2004, and it must obviously be one of Team Leopard's objectives to do well in their home Tour. In the last years Fränk Schleck has been their leader (2nd in 2010, 1st in 2009), but maybe this year Monfort could take over for him

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
CDC and Nippo to merge

According to the Japanese site Cyclowired the deal was formalized in recent weeks.

D'Angelo Antenucci (CDC)-Nippo Corporation 2011

Team Roster
From CDC-Cavaliere:
1) Miguel Ángel Rubiano Chávez (Colombia)
2) Maximiliano Richeze (Argentina),
3) Luca Ascani,
4) Giuseppe Muraglia,
5) Bernardo Riccio,
6) Davide Torosantucci,
7) Fortunato Baliani,
8) Danilo Andrenacci
9)Simone Campagnaro (ex-Miche),
10)Henry Frusto (neopro).

From Nippo:
11)Masaaki Kikuchi,
12)Junya Sano,
13)Kohei Uchima,
14)Ryohei Komori,

Debut will be at the Tour de San Luis, in Argentina (17-23 Jan) 2011.

[http://cyclowired.jp]

italie.png
addon.php

D'Angelo Antenucci-Nippo Corporation Bike - 2011

for the no no's Old Greek word> Kyklos = Cycle

May 28, 2010
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
3b8aff1909.jpg

Can someone tell me if it is just my eyes or not......but Burgharts bike looks like it is equipped with Shimano????

Campagnolo is coming out with a new electric drivetrain somewhat similar to Di2 in the next year or so (I believe it will be available to their ProTeams this year). Could this be that new system? I'm not sure that its in production yet, but they could be testing an early versio.

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
:eek: more proof Di Luca is coming ......?

I dont think that he is going to came to this team , he has negotiations with pro-teams . He just salled his bike to this team , and thats all what connect Di Luca and this team .

TRENDING THREADS