• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Ahw, sucks.

He's one of the reasons I got hooked on cycling. And when I was totally mesmerised with the sport already, he then treated me to 1980 with the (just about all Dutch) TI Raleigh lot (with some help from Hinault's dodgy knee).

My dad used to rave about the track cycling days of "de keizer", having seen him often in the flesh. A bit before my time, alas.

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Every team competing in the Tour Down Under will auction off a signed jersey during the Tour with all proceeds going to the QLD Flood Relief.

I believe from today, through eBay

News circulating on twitter that HTC-High Road rider Carla Swart has been killed in an accident involving a truck while out training. The young South African had been making quite a name for herself of late, most notably with top 10s in the Ronde van Drenthe and the World Championship RR. If it's true, then it's a tragedy to hit an already-fragile cycling world, and a disaster for her friends and family. RIP.

Carla was 23.

A

Anonymous

Libertine Seguros said:
News circulating on twitter that HTC-High Road rider Carla Swart has been killed in an accident involving a truck while out training. The young South African had been making quite a name for herself of late, most notably with top 10s in the Ronde van Drenthe and the World Championship RR. If it's true, then it's a tragedy to hit an already-fragile cycling world, and a disaster for her friends and family. RIP.

Carla was 23.

http://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/Cycling/Top-SA-cyclist-killed-20110119

The invitations to Stade Bianche are listed and some glaring ommisions can be found.

ACQUA E SAPONE
ANDRONI GIOCATTOLI
BMC RACING TEAM
COLNAGO – CSF INOX
DE ROSA – CERAMICA FLAMINIA
FARNESE VINI – NERI SOTTOLI
GEOX - TMC
HTC - HIGHROAD
LAMPRE - ISD
LIQUIGAS - CANNONDALE
OMEGA PHARMA - LOTTO
TEAM GARMIN - CERVELO
TEAM LEOPARD - TREK
TEAM TYPE 1

Missing are Astana and Sky who have the past two years winners in Iglinsky and Löfkvist (who was also 2nd last year). Saxo-Bank is also missing which is a surprise to them.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ingsve said:
Missing are Astana and Sky who have the past two years winners in Iglinsky and Löfkvist (who was also 2nd last year). Saxo-Bank is also missing which is a surprise to them.
Ehhh.

They're not in the list, because they weren't invited? Or because teams hadn't asked for invitation.

Either way it's weird.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:

Carla was 23.

That is so sad. RIP.

:(

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
CYCLINGNEWS SAYS... said:
A French newspaper has reported that Pat McQuaid is "angry" at Alberto Contador for having tainted the image of cycling

damn that contador, tainted our beloved sport which looked like roses and rainbows before this year's tour :mad:

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Tirreno – adriatico

acqua & sapone (ita)
ag2r la mondiale (fra)
bmc racing team (usa)
euskaltel-euskadi (esp)
farnese vini - neri sottoli (gbr)
htc-highroad (usa)
katusha team (rus)
lampre-isd (ita)
liquigas-cannondale (ita)
movistar team (esp)
omega pharma-lotto (bel)
pro team astana (kaz)
quick step cycling team (bel)
rabobank cycling team (ned)
saxo bank sungard (den)
sky procycling (gbr)
team garmin-cervelo (usa)
team leopard – trek (lux)
team radioshack (usa)
vacansoleil - dcm pro cycling team (ned)

TRENDING THREADS