• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 91 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
jobiwan said:
Well if that's the case, do they have any just reason to be making a joke about a deceased cyclist?

Apparently they were trying to emphasize how inhumanly the UCI treats it’s cyclists...

The Hitch said:
That would explain it. Though the feelings of disgust would just have to shift towards the website in that case.

They clearly went too far. I’m sure they'll be scorned for this.

Michielveedeebee said:
sorry might've been too soon with posting this, they quote both l'equipe and sporza. nothing of this is to be found on their sites though...

Always check your sources! :)

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Apparently Langeveld will leave Rabobank and will move to Sky next year.

According to the Telegraaf.
http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/wielersport/9867159/__Langeveld_weg_bij_Rabobank__.html?p=2,1

More cobbled riders for Sky please!
Too bad he leaves Rabo though. I think together with Boom and Breschel they would be an interesting force next year.

Just a small nitpick, but they don't say he is going to Sky. He is going to leave Rabobank, and has a good offer from Team Sky (De Jongh really wants him to come), but it's not certain he is going to ride for them.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Apparently Langeveld will leave Rabobank and will move to Sky next year.

According to the Telegraaf.
http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/wielersport/9867159/__Langeveld_weg_bij_Rabobank__.html?p=2,1

More cobbled riders for Sky please!
Too bad he leaves Rabo though. I think together with Boom and Breschel they would be an interesting force next year.

Quite funny though that with Breschel rivalling Boom for leadership the only one to take a victory in a classic was Langeveld. Why Sky, though? What can he do that Flecha can't? They could more do with climbers or puncheurs than rouleurs IMO. They're stacked with sprinters and rouleurs.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
How ironic.

'The course was known since October, bla-bla-bla'.

Amateur.

:rolleyes:

I've been reading Manolo Saiz twitter and He said several times that Il Giro is the worst organized race in the whole calendar! :eek:

craig1985 said:
Good news in that Slatger can now resume training.

Nice to know that He is back... Glad his injuries werent that bad...

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Gilbert has offers from al World tour teams (except Euskaltel & Lampre), but would prefer a Belgian project. So biggest chance for Quickstep, Lotto & Omega Pharma (OPL will split next year)

Boonen has offers from 5 different team, but would prefer to stay with QS.
Too bad, I think a change of team would be good for Boonen...

TRENDING THREADS