• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 161 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
lol. I think you can school this moron here.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/j...rt-stars-of-2011/story-e6frfglf-1226230279198

Dont need to sign up. Just tell the guy how little he knows about sports and write your name.

Edit: To shut cycling fans up the guy "admits" on the private chat which about 10 people will read that Gilbert should be in the top 50, then no doubt smiles privately that he has gotten away with it.

Post a message Hitch!

The moderator is taking a while to post the messages through.

auscyclefan94 said:
Did you post "You have no clue"?

lol nah. I was Alberto who asked nicely Wtf Van persie was doing ahead of Mutai and was given a dumb "he scored goals" response. Its like justifying Renshaw over Djokovic by saying "he won races".

While Im very impressed with your strong principles stand against Gilbert unfortunately one of your ilk, a spotzchik like character just said that cadel has done what "no one has ever come close to achieving". - " Winning Tour from outside established cycling nations."

Cycling historian he is not. Its like the people I was arguing with 1 week ago who were saying that the green jersey is as important as the yellow one.

Morons coming in to defend individual heroes gets to me sometimes I guess.

Ps, I am also Nicholas who defended Cadel's honour at 1.11;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
lol nah. I was Alberto who asked nicely Wtf Van persie was doing ahead of Mutai and was given a dumb "he scored goals" response. Its like justifying Renshaw over Djokovic by saying "he won races".

While Im very impressed with your strong principles stand against Gilbert unfortunately one of your ilk, a spotzchik like character just said that cadel has done what "no one has ever come close to achieving". - " Winning Tour from outside established cycling nations."

Cycling historian he is not. Its like the people I was arguing with 1 week ago who were saying that the green jersey is as important as the yellow one.

Morons coming in to defend individual heroes gets to me sometimes I guess.

Ps, I am also Nicholas who defended Cadel's honour at 1.11;)

Lol, I wonder who holds the record for most Tour wins :rolleyes:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't call Ireland a major cycling country, and an Irishman won the Tour before an American did, and a long time before an Australian did. Hell, why not go all the way back to Charly Gaul.

El Pistolero said:
Lol at Yohan Blake being so high in that list. The guy won the 100 meters only because Bolt got DQ. And Usain Bolt ain't even in it even though he's WC of 200 meters and run the fastest 100 meters of the year.

And what's up with all that baseball? Isn't that a sport no one does outside the US except some Asian countries(I think South Korea and some others)?

And lol at him trying to diminish an event because it is held yearly. Then why is Djokovic on that list? Surely it isn't prestigious to win Grand Slams that are held every year and so many Europeans won Grand Slams before him :rolleyes:

Blake very nearly took out Bolt's 200m record this year - looks like the rest of the Island is on the same stuff now.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Lol at Yohan Blake being so high in that list. The guy won the 100 meters only because Bolt got DQ. And Usain Bolt ain't even in it even though he's WC of 200 meters and run the fastest 100 meters of the year.

And what's up with all that baseball? Isn't that a sport no one does outside the US except some Asian countries(I think South Korea and some others)?

And lol at him trying to diminish an event because it is held yearly. Then why is Djokovic on that list? Surely it isn't prestigious to win Grand Slams that are held every year and so many Europeans won Grand Slams before him :rolleyes:

baseball is the topsport in the whole caribean, venezuela, asia. japan, taiwan and south korea alone have same amount of citizens as germany, france and italy combinrf :rolleyes:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
And more importantly, the Dutch are the current world champions :p

(well, more like the Netherlands Antilles)

they aren't really world champions. they are world champions in wc organised by the international baseball federation or whatever it;'s called the real wc baseball is every 4 years and is organised by the mlb. only 2 wc's we've had and both were won by japan and netherlands could never get to 2nd round although they beat dominica. netherlands isn;'t anywhere near top ten baseball countries

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yes the british islands there have cricket. but most people don'tlive there in caribean but live in mexico, cuba, dominica, panama, puerto rico, venezuela

and some countrys cycling is the biggest like guatemala, belize