• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gent - Wevelgem in Flanders Field 2023 March 26, 260.9 km (1.WT)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was just going to post this very thing; he was always one of my favorite riders but at this point I'd rather see him retire than continue like this. I know he was sick earlier last week but even at full strength there is no way he's competitive with the big guns any longer.
it is sad. but he is 37 now, and time waits for no man. that 2017 season was a great memory in that gold lined bmc jersey, winning omloop, e3, gw, roubaix and would have probably won flanders if it wasn't for the crash.

it is sad. but he is 37 now, and time waits for no man. that 2017 season was a great memory in that gold lined bmc jersey, winning omloop, e3, gw, roubaix and would have probably won flanders if it wasn't for the crash.
That Flanders crash is one of my saddest ever cycling memories; I really believed that one was his to lose. Watching him win Roubaix was great but you know he'd trade it for a Ronde win in a minute.

Reactions: Strawberry_Jams

TRENDING THREADS