• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GEOX will take over Footon a 50 mil bonus for Gianetti

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Official: GEOX is born - 11 de agosto de 2010

Nace Geox: “Un nuevo proyecto competitivo”

Geox shoe firm has made official its entry into cycling from next year, with an agreement between the chairman Mario Moretti Polegato and manager Mauro Gianetti. In a press release aimed at "achieving a new project in the world of competitive cycling."

"The ambition is to be more than a cycling team. The objectives are not only important to achieve sporting success, the promotion of international brand, discovering and launching young talent, but also the application of patented technology in Geox the level of perspiration, "they explain.

"To achieve its objectives, the equipment consists of two high-level international riders, and talent, to ensure sports scores and the Geox brand promotion worldwide," they add.

"The commitment of the Group is expected in the medium term to enable the development and achievement of the objectives," they conclude.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=29358

Might be a couple of Colombian talents be involved.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd sign Rujano any day!

They should sign him inmediatly and take him for La Vuelta... with the tons of mountains that La Vuelta has and the pretty nice form that Rujano will has after La Vuelta a Colombia, He will has an amazing performance! I think that they are not going to sign Cunego to be the absolute leader but for Leader in the Spring Classics and as a rider to look for stages in Le Tour and try a good spot in Giro's GC...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the team will be italian based. I doubt he will get rujano although I;'m sure he will try anything to get henao. he tried last year but didn't have enough money.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
the team will be italian based. I doubt he will get rujano although I;'m sure he will try anything to get henao. he tried last year but didn't have enough money.

mmm Rujano was in conversations with Footon before Geox takes the command... mmmm I think that He is still on the table as a possible sign... Also He is showing a quite good form in La Vuelta a Colombia, not the best but a good form...

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki his whole list of COL talented climbers is on the table ;)

Gianetti want to play a big role in the mountains again, cause all/most of the media expose (hours of broadcasting) are being done during mountain stages.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
That's number 1

_0_

Fabio Duarte confirmed for 2 years to GEOX

Fabio: "I have several offers from the best elite seven teams in the world's, and all are quite tempting. I want to race the Giro d'Italia, my wish is there to enlist in the great cycling. This is my goal.
25, Duarte fits into the team philosophy Gianetti to sign and train new talent.

Last year it announced a move to Footon but was denied later.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=29424

Think the moment has come that Colobians will start flooding Europe.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
well i hope so.it's possible a team with henao,duarte and rujano?it would be insane:D

I see it for me now.

The only thing that that team should include is Vino, it would be attack, attack ATTACK!!!!
As soon as the road goes up, one of those would go, if catched the other. Ah, what a dream that would be, it would completely destroy those trackstanding, whining wusses :p

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
nah Barrus - let Vino retire with Astana, then have him take over as DS. Could you imagine his tactics? "I need you to attack yesterday!" "What, Vino?" "Only if you go back and attack in the past can you get enough attacking in to satisfy me!"

Allright, but get those three Colombian guys on board as well :p

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Right Barrus but maybe we can settle for the top 3 of the VaC at the moment, that will do fine don't you all agree ...

1.- 32 HENAO,Sergio Luis INDEPORTES ANTIOQUIA 47:25:44
2.- 31 ESP SEVILLA,Oscar INDEPORTES ANTIOQUIA a 2:30
3.- 1 VEN RUJANO,Jose LOTERIA DE BOYACA a 2:50

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
Ricco ? the Cobra and Gianetti team-up again ?

Why do you say that?? :confused:

Quick Step or Vancasoleil are the most likely... Team Geox is an option but I think that would be the last... I don't know...

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
CN: Carlos Sastre to ride for GEOX next year :)

'Carlos Sastre ficha por el nuevo Team Geox de Gianetti"

2008 Tour de France winner, Carlos Sastre, has announced that he will leave Cervelo TestTeam at the end of the season in order to join Team Geox for 2011. The Italian shoe manufacturer has taken over the sponsorship of the Footon-Servetto outfit and Sastre is their first major signing.

“We met each other and signed a contract in just two days," said Team Geox's General Manager Mauro Gianetti.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/carlos-sastre-signs-for-geox

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
DAOTEC said:
CN: Carlos Sastre to ride for GEOX next year :)

'Carlos Sastre ficha por el nuevo Team Geox de Gianetti"

2008 Tour de France winner, Carlos Sastre, has announced that he will leave Cervelo TestTeam at the end of the season in order to join Team Geox for 2011. The Italian shoe manufacturer has taken over the sponsorship of the Footon-Servetto outfit and Sastre is their first major signing.

“We met each other and signed a contract in just two days," said Team Geox's General Manager Mauro Gianetti.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/carlos-sastre-signs-for-geox

I wonder what this means for the Cervelo Test Team. The team needs to find a real GC contender or go back to only sponsoring bikes.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
ManInFull said:
I wonder what this means for the Cervelo Test Team. The team needs to find a real GC contender or go back to only sponsoring bikes.

Not sure what Xavier Tondo would have been able to do if: a) He hadn't been working for Sastre at the Giro, b) he hadn't broken his collarbone just before the Vuelta. In any case he's not to be dismissed entirely.