• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

GEOX will take over Footon a 50 mil bonus for Gianetti

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 5, 2010
462
0
0
Visit site
meandmygitane said:
Maybe Carlos Sastre left Cervelo due to "personality conflict" with Thor Hushovd: http://translate.google.com/transla...ykkel/artikkel.php?artid=10035743&sl=no&tl=en

and http://translate.googleusercontent....&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhghDqEj1JMdavhmat7RdyU2dk08BA

I will not wait for Sastre, bohoo :(

those articles are just rubbish- Carlos has never interfered with Thor's ambitions & performance-He left the team due to the coming expiration of his contract, and wisely knowing that Cervelo seems to be more inclined to the Classics & having young crew stepping up in the same direction, he & the team realized he had no chance to ride comfortably as a GT leader...
 
Jul 5, 2010
462
0
0
Visit site
maltiv said:
Cervelo didn't even offer Sastre a new contract, so that's why he left.
It's one possible scenario, don't know if it is the whole truth.

For example Van Poppel said to Procycling.no that "it's news for me too. I was surprised when I read about it".

Possibly Sastre wanted the whole team behind him, and no feuding with a second captain with his own agenda. And when that wasn't forthcoming from the Cervelo management he decided to jump ship.

You don't seriously think that Cervelo didn't want both Sastre and Hushovd?
 
Jul 5, 2010
462
0
0
Visit site
Artemis said:
Gotta love Google translate. "Have not got a ****" :D
More accurate would be: "Hasn't accomplished squat."

It's typically Thor - honest and right to the point.
Yeah, the translation has something left to be desired.
Yeah, Sastre was only third at Giro 2009 with two stage victories.

The big point is that Thor is/was sowing discontent in the media instead of handling critique internally. Can't be good for team morale. No wonder Sastre didn't want to stay.
 
May 19, 2010
1,899
0
0
Visit site
Artemis said:
Gotta love Google translate. "Have not got a ****" :D
More accurate would be: "Hasn't accomplished squat."

It's typically Thor - honest and right to the point.

Calling Sastres podium in Giro d'Italia 09 squat is a bit rich, even when it is comming from someone who was gifted his only international win this year by Cancellara.

Next year it will probably be Hauslers fault that he isn't winning anything.
 
Jun 9, 2010
2,007
0
0
Visit site
Would be nice to see what Rafa Valls is going to learn from Carlos! Carlos come to the team to teach and keep the same work that he was doing in Cervelo... Help to grow up the young talents... also this team attacks a lot and that is compatible with the new Carlos... attack attack!

Well is nice to know that Carlos is really far away from retire!
 
Mar 11, 2009
1,005
0
0
Visit site
neineinei said:
Calling Sastres podium in Giro d'Italia 09 squat is a bit rich, even when it is comming from someone who was gifted his only international win this year by Cancellara.
Next year it will probably be Hauslers fault that he isn't winning anything.

It was classic, if you like, Cancelllara flicked his elbow for Thor to come through, Thor did not so Cancellara kept at it, then Thor has the audacity to thump his chest at the fiish like he wa sthe strong man on the day.
 
Nick C. said:
It was classic, if you like, Cancelllara flicked his elbow for Thor to come through, Thor did not so Cancellara kept at it, then Thor has the audacity to thump his chest at the fiish like he wa sthe strong man on the day.
Hushovd would have had to be a *** to cooperate that day, and he had the audacity to thump his chest like he had just won a TdF stage. Nothing to see here.

That said, Hushovd must have some pretty serious memory problems indeed.
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
1
0
Visit site
Nick C. said:
It was classic, if you like, Cancelllara flicked his elbow for Thor to come through, Thor did not so Cancellara kept at it, then Thor has the audacity to thump his chest at the fiish like he wa sthe strong man on the day.

But remember, Hushovd had reason to refuse to work with Cancellara. The previous day self apointed general director of the tour Fabian, decided to neutralise the stage, preventing Hushovd who had managed to get up in the stage, the chance of taking points on cavendish - who was much further back. I wasnt surprised the next day that Thor refused to work with Cancellara.

I wonder how much more time saxo could have put into contador if hushovd worked with them.

silly Canc. neutralising the stage even after the Schlecks had caught back on. Never get involved when its not your fight ie the green jersey battle at the tour. You can only come off bad.
 
Jun 29, 2009
589
0
0
Visit site
I bet that the french teams are praying that the Menchov to Geox rumour is just that. Giving 4 out of 5 wild cards to french teams (5th one to the Schlecks) while denying a Sastre-Menchov squad an invitation is gonna be very tough to defend for the ASO.
 
Sophistic said:
I bet that the french teams are praying that the Menchov to Geox rumour is just that. Giving 4 out of 5 wild cards to french teams (5th one to the Schlecks) while denying a Sastre-Menchov squad an invitation is gonna be very tough to defend for the ASO.

No Rumour. Confirmed on Cyclingnews frontpage.

link