• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Geraint Thomas

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Peoplesaid lockdown would throw up some strange issues and it has
Some riders bodies have not coped with lockdown
Thomas has trained but as you get older your body re acts differently to lack of racing and form can be elusive

But I would have taken him to the Tour above a few Doms as he si still a class rider and can help a leader

Wouldn't be surprised if he has started looking already fro a new Team

I dont see him being motivated for the Giro

Reactions: Koronin
Have you seen a more average rider somehow peak for 14 days than Thomas. How is he always so so so bad and then comes good for a week.

He's bad now. When he won the Tour he had been good for months. I don't know why so many people forget that. He is nothing like Andy Schleck.

But he does have periods where he can't hold the strict lifestyle together and has openly admitted that. That's why he usually does nothing after the Tour.

There have been some quotes from Thomas, such as this one, from August 15

"It's been a tough start," he said. "Obviously I was hoping to be a bit better. The numbers are good, I just need to chip off another kilo or so and I'll be perfect."

Chip off a kilo in two weeks! That was never going to happen.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't see how he'll have any motivation at the Giro.I expect the same outcome as with Wiggins.

I think they are very different characters.

He has tried to go for the Giro before, granted prior to his tour success but suspect he will give it his best shot. It may or may not be enough but don’t think that will be down to a lack of motivation. If anything he is likely to want to prove people wrong.

Chip off a kilo in two weeks! That was never going to happen.

Chris Froome lost 4 kilos once in 2 weeks..about 2017 I think.. some comms said so

If his media message today is anything to g by Thomas is looking forward to the Giro like a turkey looks forward to Christmas.....more interested in getting his hair cut

It is possible Ineos have taken away their one chance to win a GT this year wt Crapaz at the Giro

Evil genius maybe just evil after all

Chris Froome lost 4 kilos once in 2 weeks..about 2017 I think.. some comms said so

If his media message today is anything to g by Thomas is looking forward to the Giro like a turkey looks forward to Christmas.....more interested in getting his hair cut

It is possible Ineos have taken away their one chance to win a GT this year wt Crapaz at the Giro

Evil genius maybe just evil after all

G's big gulp when he said he was going to the Giro was telling.

Yeah rough deal for Carapaz. Hopefully he's excited to ride the Tour, even though it massively reduces his win probability.

• Haha
So all this need for precise science at Sky/Ineos all along was bull ? when you can just turn around at the 11th hour and say hey you go there and you go over there and you go....blah , balh ... who cares who was training for what race ...just shuffle

Sorry for Geraint too as he misses cobbe classics now and given his weight they may have been the only races he could have been competitive in

TRENDING THREADS