• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro 2017, stage 10: Foligno - Montefalco 39,8km (ITT)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
portugal11 said:
Quintana will be in fourth place!!!

Im allready amazed that Movistar attacked hard on the Blockhaus instead of waiting for week 3 what Quintana likes to do. Obviously they knew they needed time everywhere possible.

I think it would have ideal for Quintana to peak in the 1st week, crush on Etna and Blockhaus, then ride defensively to recover for the Tour. Now he will have to work really hard in the Giro's 3rd week and try to recover to challenge Froome in July. I don't think that's going to work out well for Nairo.

Bavarianrider said:
Vasilis said:
Bavarianrider said:
People who say he pulled a Wiggins have no clue hwat they are talking abot. They have no eyes in their head either.
You don't see any parallels between Wiggins's 2012 Tour performance, where he climbed very well and also dominated the TT's?

No, because Wiggins dropped 10 Kilos plus, became ultra ultra skinny and yet had the same power as he had before. Dumolin simply improved in the mountains and kept his weight and power.

Dumoulin has dropped weight ..the man himself said so ..Plus Wiggins improved slowly in mountaisn too
They are very similiar riders ...but go ahead SKy haters see what you want

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Vasilis said:
Bavarianrider said:
People who say he pulled a Wiggins have no clue hwat they are talking abot. They have no eyes in their head either.
You don't see any parallels between Wiggins's 2012 Tour performance, where he climbed very well and also dominated the TT's?

No, because Wiggins dropped 10 Kilos plus, became ultra ultra skinny and yet had the same power as he had before. Dumolin simply improved in the mountains and kept his weight and power.
He has the same weight compared to 2015. He dropped some weight compared to 2016

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Quintana needs to ride really agressive in the Dolomites.

I think Dumoulin has a good chance to win this Giro. He is in absolute monster shape!

Re: Re:

benzwire said:
Kwibus said:
portugal11 said:
Quintana will be in fourth place!!!

Im allready amazed that Movistar attacked hard on the Blockhaus instead of waiting for week 3 what Quintana likes to do. Obviously they knew they needed time everywhere possible.

I think it would have ideal for Quintana to peak in the 1st week, crush on Etna and Blockhaus, then ride defensively to recover for the Tour. Now he will have to work really hard in the Giro's 3rd week and try to recover to challenge Froome in July. I don't think that's going to work out well for Nairo.

This is only relevant if you think that Quintana had a serious chance of doing the double in the first place. In my view he only had that if Froome falls off or gets sick. The Giro-Tour double is too hard, particularly when we are talking about a guy who hasn't won the Tour.