• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro 2017, stage 15: Valdengo – Bergamo 199 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

MikeTichondrius said:
Just tuned in. What's with this stage not having a proper break? This was the second most Rui Costa stage in this Giro and nothing so far? Did the peloton suddenly discover an irrational hate of breakaways?

Hell, I'm not even mad though!

I think it's the other way around; everybody loves the breakaway and wants to be in it.
However, if everybody is in the breakaway, nobody is in the breakaway.

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Dukerojo said:
Netserk said:
If I was Movistar, I'd have attacked with the whole team once Sunweb started peeing. This is war!

Although I want to see Movistar win, if you are Movistar do you really want to win like that?
Hell yes!

I guess the problem with attacking during a pee break is that nobody will ever get to go on a pee break and all the riders will be forced to wet themselves.

SlickMongoose said:
Netserk said:
Dukerojo said:
Netserk said:
If I was Movistar, I'd have attacked with the whole team once Sunweb started peeing. This is war!

Although I want to see Movistar win, if you are Movistar do you really want to win like that?
Hell yes!

I guess the problem with attacking during a pee break is that nobody will ever get to go on a pee break and all the riders will be forced to wet themselves.
Bobet and his teammates did it to Gaul on the Monte Bondone stage of '57 Giro. Though it has to be said that Gaup made an indecent gesture with his organ of virility.

So...the stage was great so far?
Well, not anymore
f9351b54fff13828648ba81d697c75a96ad498fab9678d49c4e0914f128c03fd.jpg

Netserk said:
Dukerojo said:
Netserk said:

Hell yes!

Why risk that he could get back to the front. Just have a teammate "accidentally" knock Dumoulin of his bike during a downhill. Much more efficient.

mavmav said:
Netserk said:
Dukerojo said:
Netserk said:

Hell yes!

Why risk that he could get back to the front. Just have a teammate knock Dumoulin of his bike during a downhill. Much more efficient.
Oh please, it's pathetic to compare something totally legit and within the rules to something that is clearly against the rules. There's rules to racing, but within that framework, one ought to race to maximize one's winning chances.