• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d’Italia 24, Stage 10: Pompei – Cusano Mutri (Bocca della Selva), 142.0k

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A lot of Visma-riders "sick" this season. Some even twice or three times, having problems to recover. It seems the foodapp is not balanced, or is even the direct cause of the health problems. The crashes may have been bad luck, but the health problems ? The combination of both ensures that Visma has a mediocre season, yet in relation to its top riders and large budget.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Congratulations Tadej, you won your eighth mountain sprint against a bunch of u23s and gerant Thomas, you really are the greatest rider ever and we all love you soooooo much.

Neither Ben O'Connor nor Daniel Martinez are U23 though. The others didn't really sprint against him, they just saw the back wheel. But I am certain you are right, the reason people think Pogacar is great is because of the mountain sprints, this is why people classify him as a wheelsucker, which is also evident in him not having one a single memorable solo in his career.

Today's stage has two parts, the race to the first sprint (at 52.1 km done) by the sprint teams then the GC & break take over. I guess that UAE follow until the sprint then hit the front. How big and strong the break is will be the interesting part.

Visma can't catch a break this season.

Speaking about catching breaks, I think UAE has a good stage to set-up Pogačar fourth stage win in this Giro however I think they will only chase hard if there is someone dangerous in the breakaway otherwise they might allow it to fight for the win with Pogačar doing an attack to win a couple of seconds in the last kilometers.

The final climb is not too steep so this could be a good chance for someone like Ganna or Sheffield.
at this point I think Plugge sacrificed 15 innocent children to the gods or something

A lot of Visma-riders "sick" this season. Some even twice or three times, having problems to recover. It seems the foodapp is not balanced, or is even the direct cause of the health problems. The crashes may have been bad luck, but the health problems ? The combination of both ensures that Visma has a mediocre season, yet in relation to its top riders and large budget.
again if you sacrifice children to the dark lord Cthulhu to get 3 GT wins you will at some point face the backlash

the TDF sometimes rides past an area above Gap, called Champsaur
That's got to be a Pokémon.

I expect the shortened stage 15 to be really easy to control. And Grappa is really easy to control as well.
I've seen grown men struggle with Grappa, coming to a complete halt and falling over.

I'm all in for anything that makes them ride as if their lives depended on it
That 's called Pogasaur.

Funny thing is that Visma in one of their documentaries said that one of the reason they became so good is that they know perfectly how to not get sick. Looks like that doesn't work anymore...