• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro del Piemonte 1.HC 199km (13/10)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
People dislike Pippo for caring about his looks but love Cipo :confused:

With Cipo it was just an act to put pressure on his competition. Cipo won races despite all of this. Pippo doesn't win because of his negative racing style. He'll most likely be glued to Gilbert's wheel again at Piemonte. Don't know what to think of this new route, looks ok, but probably favors sprinters.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
It was just an act? Wha-

Yup, like when he posted pics of him self on vacation when the other cyclists were riding through the mountain stages of the Tour de France. He was basically saying to them "look at me, I can beat you guys in races and still party hard at night."

While in reality, Cipo was very professional in his training and focused during races. Otherwise you can't ride from one echelon to another echelon in Gent-Wevelgem and still beat the crap out of everyone in the sprint.

(let's just ignore the fact that he had a puma as pet running around his house :p )

El Pistolero said:
Yup, like when he posted pics of him self on vacation when the other cyclists were riding through the mountain stages of the Tour de France. He was basically saying to them "look at me, I can beat you guys in races and still party hard at night."

While in reality, Cipo was very professional in his training and focused during races. Otherwise you can't ride from one echelon to another echelon in Gent-Wevelgem and still beat the crap out of everyone in the sprint.

(let's just ignore the fact that he had a puma as pet running around his house :p )
You seem to be implying you can't care about your looks and still be a good professional or something. To say that Cipo didn't care about his looks is ridiculous.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
You seem to be implying you can't care about your looks and still be a good professional or something. To say that Cipo didn't care about his looks is ridiculous.

I seem to be implying Pippo isn't a good professional ;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
And I seem to be implying that's not what we were talking about.

You were talking about why people hate Pippo and love Cipo

Cipo won races. Pippo loses races and makes the favorites lose as well.

That's why people hate Pippo and love Cipo. It's simple.

El Pistolero said:
You were talking about why people hate Pippo and love Cipo

Cipo won races. Pippo loses races and makes the favorites lose as well.

That's why people hate Pippo and love Cipo. It's simple.
No, that's not it. People often say they hate Pippo because he's a pretty boy who cares too much about his looks. I said Cipo was the same and most people still like him, so the pretty boy thing is just an excuse to kick him when he's already down by taking cheap jabs at him.

I also don't think people like Cipo because he won races but that's a different matter.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
No, that's not it. People often say they hate Pippo because he's a pretty boy who cares too much about his looks. I said Cipo was the same and most people still like him, so the pretty boy thing is just an excuse to kick him when he's already down by taking cheap jabs at him.

I also don't think people like Cipo because he won races but that's a different matter.

In my opinion if Pippo stopped being a pretty boy and just rides his race like he did in Beghelli he'd get better results.

Sure, you can care about your looks and still do good in races, but that doesn't mean it's the same for everyone. I question Pozatto's training efforts and his focus during a season. With Cipo you got the impression that he was a party boy, but I can assure you that he trained very hard and he wasn't afraid of taking matters in his own hand during races. I cannot say the same about Pipo the clown as of yet.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
. With Cipo you got the impression that he was a party boy, but I can assure you that he trained very hard and he wasn't afraid of taking matters in his own hand during races. I cannot say the same about Pipo the clown as of yet.

I used to race with someone who spent some time racing and training with Cipo. In spite of apparent party boy behaviour, Cipo was in fact a very hard worker. I recall he mentioned that on training rides he would often try very hard to stay with climbers and outsprint them on the top for fun.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I've heard the incredible trainingstorys about cipo from thomas dekker. he said in training cipo could climb every way he wanted. reminds me also of cipo winning a mountainstage in 1998 giro over 4 category 2 climbs

TRENDING THREADS