• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro Di Sardegna 22nd to 26th Feb

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tomorrow's finish.

gesturi.jpg

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
CraZyCaLL said:
Looks like Swift was 4-th today, not Masciarelli

yep.:)

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 4:47:07
2 Manuel Belletti (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox 0:00:01
3 Roberto Ferrari (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
4 Ben Swift (GBr) Great Britain National Team
5 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre - ISD
6 Alexander Porsev (Rus) Katusha Team
7 Jacopo Guarnieri (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale
8 Luca Fioretti (Ita) Ora Hotels Carrera
9 Danilo Napolitano (Ita) Acqua & Sapone
10 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Great Britain National Team

Ben Swift Twitter; 'Great effort by the GB boys today great to see the boys showing the pros how to do a lead out. I just wasn't quick enough today ran 4th'

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Andy99 said:
yep.:)

1 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 4:47:07
2 Manuel Belletti (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox 0:00:01
3 Roberto Ferrari (Ita) Androni Giocattoli
4 Ben Swift (GBr) Great Britain National Team
5 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre - ISD
6 Alexander Porsev (Rus) Katusha Team
7 Jacopo Guarnieri (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale
8 Luca Fioretti (Ita) Ora Hotels Carrera
9 Danilo Napolitano (Ita) Acqua & Sapone
10 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Great Britain National Team

Ben Swift Twitter; 'Great effort by the GB boys today great to see the boys showing the pros how to do a lead out. I just wasn't quick enough today ran 4th'

Yes, they learned a lot from Team SKY.
Especially how not to win, but do a leadout anywhere.....somewhere. :D

Is Arkimedes Arguelyes Rodrigues the new Ignatiev/Brutt? 2nd time this week he's been in an all-day break that started less than 10k into the stage.

And that's quite a handle he's got - I think I read somewhere his parents immigrated to Russia from Cuba.

jaylew said:
Is Arkimedes Arguelyes Rodrigues the new Ignatiev/Brutt? 2nd time this week he's been in an all-day break that started less than 10k into the stage.

And that's quite a handle he's got - I think I read somewhere his parents immigrated to Russia from Cuba.

yep he did a great work.also kudos to pirazzi who attacked like a mad man these days.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm going off the point here, but its good to see Philip Deignan back racing consistantly in Sardegna. He was so unlucky last year with illness and injury after his break through year in 2009 coming 9th in the Vuelta. Hopefully he can keep healthy this year and go for a stage win in the Giro and top 15 GC.

First post :)

Classica Sarda 27 March 2011

Today is not the last day of the peleton in Sardinia this year!

Sunday 27 March there is the one-day Classica Sarda that starts from the Barumini (a neolithic zone) and ends at Chiaramonti a small town on on the way from Sassari to Tempio/Olbia.