• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro Di Sardegna 22nd to 26th Feb

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
1 Franco Pellizotti- Divorced
2 Emanuele Sella - Beheaded
3 Gilberto Simoni - Died
4 Alberto Contador - Divorced
5 Riccardo Ricco - Beheaded
6 Jose Rujano Guillen - Survived

few weeks later he did this in switzerland and he was in bad shape that whole year:
1 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Liquigas 1.00.22.82 (24,848 km/h)
2 José Rujano Guillen (Ven) Caisse d'Epargne 0.15.73
3 Andreas Klöden (Ger) Astana 0.17.25
4 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre 0.53.29
5 Frank Schleck (Lux) Team CSC 1.26.20
6 Jens Voigt (Ger) Team CSC 1.34.96
7 Igor Anton Hernandez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 1.48.46
8 Thomas Lövkvist (Swe) Team High Road 2.08.06
9 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team CSC 2.19.53
10 Laurens Ten Dam (Ned) Rabobank 2.49.74

he also did pretty ok in tour of germany that year where he finished 6th in final gc
1 Linus Gerdemann (Ger) Team Columbia 4.42.54 (37.75 km/h)
2 Thomas Lövkvist (Swe) Team Columbia 0.16
3 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Astana
4 Pietro Caucchioli (Ita) Crédit Agricole 0.50
5 José Rujano Guillen (Ven) Caisse d'Epargne
6 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Rabobank
7 Eros Capecchi (Ita) Scott - American Beef 1.13
8 Johann Tschopp (Swi) Bouygues Telecom
9 Andrea Noè (Ita) Liquigas
10 Daniel Navarro Garcia (Spa) Astana
11 Markus Fothen (Ger) Gerolsteiner 1.47
12 Francisco Perez Sanchez (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne
13 David De La Fuente Rasilla (Spa) Scott - American Beef 1.58
14 Haimar Zubeldia Agirre (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
15 Josep Jufre Pou (Spa) Scott - American Beef 2.31

this was 2008, he returned to venezuela for an increidble amount of money to ride for gobernacion del zulia and truly changed his ways there. 2009 was the best rujano I've ever seen. 2010 started well but when isd didn't get invited for giro rujano soon left uninspired but returned strong in colombia only to face sergio luis henao...

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Er,

Cunego in a break with six and a half minutes? How did that happen? unless I'm totally misunderstanding the Italian ticker, he's out there with a Spidertech guy and a neo-pro from Katusha. It could be very difficult to hold off the Liqui boys until the end.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Izzy eviel said:
I wonder what happened to the Ora Hotel team. Most of their team went home during the race!

Nice to see Ed Clancy road racing - Does he have any potential?

A lot of untapped potential i reckon, He's got the track ability and raw speed, it depends if he wants to stay on the track with the depleted endurance events or have a proper go at road racing.

1) Peter Sagan (Liquigas Cannondale)
2) Manuel Belletti (Colnago Csf Inox)
3) Roberto Ferrari (Androni Giocattoli)
4) Francesco Masciarelli (Astana)
5) Alessandro Petacchi (Lampre Isd)
6) Alexander Porsev (Katusha Team)
7) Jacopo Guarnieri (Liquigas Cannondale)
8) Luca Fioretti (Ora Hotels Carrera)
9) Danilo Napolitano (Acqua & Sapone)
10) Thomas Geraint (Great Britain)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Well it's not the deepest field of sprinting talent, and I expect he got a good lead-out from his very strong Liquigas squad, but still, what the hell!

DJ Sprtsch said:
1) Peter Sagan (Liquigas Cannondale)
2) Manuel Belletti (Colnago Csf Inox)
3) Roberto Ferrari (Androni Giocattoli)
4) Francesco Masciarelli (Astana)
5) Alessandro Petacchi (Lampre Isd)
6) Alexander Porsev (Katusha Team)
7) Jacopo Guarnieri (Liquigas Cannondale)
8) Luca Fioretti (Ora Hotels Carrera)
9) Danilo Napolitano (Acqua & Sapone)
10) Thomas Geraint (Great Britain)
I was thinking "Maybe some sprinters were dropped or there were gaps and it was a chaotic sprint". And yet, look at that. All them sprinters in there.

No. surprise at all really. We already knew from last year that Sagan was very fast and in that race I don't see anyone except Ale-Jet that could possibly beat him consistently. It's only like the top 5-6 sprinters in the world that are consistently faster than Sagan I think and perhaps a few more that can at times beat him.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
ingsve said:
No. surprise at all really. We already knew from last year that Sagan was very fast and in that race I don't see anyone except Ale-Jet that could possibly beat him consistently. It's only like the top 5-6 sprinters in the world that are consistently faster than Sagan I think and perhaps a few more that can at times beat him.

I also had him written down. Don't see how he could not have been top 3 for today.